• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
The PS5 I ordered from MediaMarkt yesterday is in the post and will be here Monday!

Best of luck to everybody else still gunning for one. I'm still a bit shocked how easy it was to get one without a preorder where I live

(btw fuck kanye, but i love the gif)

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone who had FedEx shipping their unit set up something to get around the required signature? I'm thinking about having it held at a local FedEx office if possible because I work 9-5 and won't be home if they attempt delivery and was wondering if anyone had a notable good or bad experience with that.
Where's it shipping from? If it's Walmart, they won't make you sign. Hell, they may not even deliver it.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
There was stock apparently on the Microsoft Store earlier. I would watch them since they've been putting more up sporadically.
Today? Damn. None of the Twitter accounts I've turned on notifications for mentioned that. I've got sitesupply and wario64. Is there another resource or account people recommend paying attention to for Series X drops?

FYI I think MS is still giving the estimated shipping date of 12/23 that they've been using since launch. Ordered my XSX on launch night and still waiting for it to ship, I think everyone else is in the same boat.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok guys just got home, two browsers open and ready for my PS5. today is my day, I can feel it

im-reliving-the-same-day-over-and-over-bill-murray.gif

Dec 13, 2018
So what alerts do I sign up for to get a series x? How do I become ready, I've had no luck with the Walmart timed drops (every time out of stock in cart)... what else can I do?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I can ACTUALLY show up near the front of the queue this time...(probably not)

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Mine said that, too, before it changed to "Signature Not Req" after it was "delivered" retroactively. FedEx is great!
Welp lol, turns out I am unable to redirect to a store pickup for some reason. I'm wondering if it's due to the size of the package or what. After doing a little more digging for ways I can avoid having to pay for a specific delivery window, I see that their covid policies currently waive the need for a signature lol. Well ok, I guess I'll just hope I can leave early that day to check up on it. I work 9-5 every weekday in an office so I can't just be home but I don't think my neighbors would do anything, we get tons of stuff delivered.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
FYI I think MS is still giving the estimated shipping date of 12/23 that they've been using since launch. Ordered my XSX on launch night and still waiting for it to ship, I think everyone else is in the same boat.

Yeah, I'm stuck with a Walmart PRE-ORDER that's stuck indefinitely on "Delayed", so I'm just trying to lock up a second chance to get a console. I'm not fully convinced this Walmart order is ever shipping.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Missed a XSX queue by 3 mins. I've had it in my cart all week and was just waiting for the NIS alert to check out. Missed it because I was getting my takeout order from the door. Man WHAT

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I don't think they have hardly ever did same time day to day. drops have been like 1, 3, 6 and maybe even near midnight at launch. I can't remember them all but they have been purposely doing different times

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks. What's this talk of PS Direct though. Is this going to have some any moment now? PS direct is official sony store website right?

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. What's this talk of PS Direct though. Is this going to have some any moment now? PS direct is official sony store website right?

PS direct has (so far) happened once a day. It's seemingly random. We've had one early morning and one around 5/6PM. The seemingly correct theory is that you get tossed into a 30 or so minute long pre-queue and when stock goes live they throw you in a line. It usually lasts about 10 or so minutes, but if your time in line is roughly 0-20 mins, you are fairly safe. Anything past that, don't get your hopes up. Sub 15 mins seems to be a safe bet that you'll grab one.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
PS direct has (so far) happened once a day. It's seemingly random. We've had one early morning and one around 5/6PM. The seemingly correct theory is that you get tossed into a 30 or so minute long pre-queue and when stock goes live they throw you in a line. It usually lasts about 10 or so minutes, but if your time in line is roughly 0-20 mins, you are fairly safe. Anything past that, don't get your hopes up. Sub 15 mins seems to be a safe bet that you'll grab one.

Do you have to be logged in? I'm getting somekind of website error when I try to log in, it wants me to update info, then the next screen is an access denied. Am I in the queue just by hanging out on the website?

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have to be logged in? I'm getting somekind of website error when I try to log in, it wants me to update info, then the next screen is an access denied. Am I in the queue just by hanging out on the website?

I've never gotten to the promised land. But it's recommended you stay logged in, but there's reports that once you get through, you might have to log in again anyways. Just set up as much info on your account as you can so you're not wasting precious time that could be spent snagging one.

and there will be a live screen that you'll see with a (at the start) tiny yellow bar and time estimate on it.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I've come out of the queue, I'm not logged in. However, one click of the login button does so without having to reenter my info.

I have had one sitting in my cart since last week, so if I can actually get in I can check out quickly.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the last 4 days of PS Direct start times:

11/19: 4:33pm EST (queue started at 4pm)
11/18: 6:35pm EST (queue started at 6pm)
11/17: 2:34pm EST (not sure on queue start time)
11/16: 10:14am EST (not sure on queue start time)

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Picked up a XSX today with no issues here in Portugal, fnac had just received them in the store that i went.