• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 10, 2018
I can't believe some of you even got to the Payment screen. I never even got that far. Only as far as having the Series X in my cart. Then the error when trying to check out and the 'Oh Deer' screen. Such bullshit.

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
For as much of a "first world problem" as this is, the amount of physical and mental distress this has caused me in the the past week is ridiculous, especially because there's no reason whatsoever that it should be this difficult. Fuck Sony, fuck Walmart, fuck the bots, fuck the scalpers, fuck everyone that's played a part in this slow-motion disaster.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
For Xbox Series X, popfindr + Target seems like the best method. I got one at Target on Tuesday at about 10am, the last one they had in stock. Popfindr said they had 8 that morning. BUt you have to go to the store and go to the service desk.

Did anyone here actually get one? lmao
predictable, but what a shitshow.

Maybe like 3 people out of the last 250 posts.

iCodec

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I super love that Walmart offers a payment plan for console, all you have to do is select it at the end of check out, ACTUALLY makes it to end of checkout and gives no option for payment plan.

I'll buy one of these boxes down the road, this is stupid and a waste of time.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I successfully purchased an XSX, got really excited, then immediately got an email from Walmart that my order was canceled. Attempting to purchase it again failed continuously until it was out of stock.

I am so disappointed. This is so stupid.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I successfully purchased an XSX, got really excited, then immediately got an email from Walmart that my order was canceled. Attempting to purchase it again failed continuously until it was out of stock.

I am so disappointed. This is so stupid.
Exact same thing happened to me...
"Order Received. Arrives 12/01. XB Xbox Series X"
Moment later
"Sorry we had to cancel some items 🙁"
200_d.gif

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
So for PSDirect the assumption is it doesn't matter if you are in the pre-queue or not your chances are going to be the same regardless?

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Got to the walmart payment screen by spamming the button and my address was suddenly empty (despite me having filled it out) and payment info was blank.

By the time I frantically entered it, it kept repeating dumb questions "Yes, confirm paymeny. Yes that address is correct". Whrn finally the loop ended (all on walmart.com) the item was still in my cart and couldn't be purchased. What a waste... and what a shitty website.

bashfulberry

Nov 14, 2020
So for PSDirect the assumption is it doesn't matter if you are in the pre-queue or not your chances are going to be the same regardless?
No, everyone's chances are the same as long as they ARE in the pre-queue. You have to make it into the queue after the queue starts but before the stock goes live. What doesn't affect it is reloading non stop before the pre-queue starts.

Cardigan

Oct 28, 2017
No, everyone's chances are the same as long as they ARE in the pre-queue. You have to make it into the queue after the queue starts but before the stock goes live. What doesn't affect it is reloading non stop before the pre-queue starts.
no, it's a crapshoot. My buddy got into the queue pretty quick, I was hard refreshing on 3 devices for 15 minutes and still couldn't get queued up.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Someday when we're rules by Androids, I hope they can engineer to feel pain trying to get what they want, but be owned by bots.

Oct 30, 2017
I actually got a free Stadia for being subscribed to YouTube Premium, maybe I should give Cyberpunk a try on it and be done with consoles.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised anyone got to even put it in their cart.

I was spamming f5 on my PC and swiping on my phone for about 40 seconds prior to 3PM and it could not have been more than 3 or 5 seconds past 3 when I got an update saying out of stock.

This really sucks having to fucking work like this to give someone else money.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't mind if Direct took a break for like a week to build up some inventory. At least for a few days maybe.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I am surprised anyone got to even put it in their cart.

I was spamming f5 on my PC and swiping on my phone for about 40 seconds prior to 3PM and it could not have been more than 3 or 5 seconds past 3 when I got an update saying out of stock.

This really sucks having to fucking work like this to give someone else money.

It showed as "Out of Stock" shortly after 3 PM, but only for a minute or so before it actually went live. I almost gave up at that point too but kept trying.

I didn't get one, but I at least made it to checkout.