• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

exploding_boy

May 8, 2018
i placed an order yesterday from Microsoft store. Order says Pending but they already charged my card. I haven't gotten an email or anything. Does this mean i should be expecting it soon?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I have a order confirmation that they canceled on me before I even had a chance to look at it...

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Why the fuck do I have to enter in my address and credit card when it's saved to my account? Makes trying to check out as fast as possible an impossible task.

Fuck you Walmart. Nothing like doing three shitty captchas and getting as far as "Place order" for nothing.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Got all the way to the place order button but it didn't through. This keeps happening to me, it's so depressing!

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I guess back to direct drop hopes.

h0f6pas019sz.png

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm so tired of this shit, buying a product shouldn't increase my stress and depression and anxiety but here we fucking are.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Waypoint or somebody interview somebody whom is using bots or a re-seller and understand just how easy it is for them to game this system.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
That was a shit show. Got it in the cart, got to the part where I enter my address, get to the part where I select in-store or deliver and then nothing. Refresh and after a few more times got the same thing then OOS. FUCK.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart sells out to bots
Sony Direct randomly places people in queue with no communication on windows for when shopping starts
Scalpers selling for 400% markup
I hate this release so much.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Truly do not understand how a major retailers website could be so insanely bad.

Thing is it's not really that the site is "bad." The companies that build these sites know what theyre doing it's just so rare for one item to be in this high demand and to have this many requests at once while having to update inventory real time and send info back and forth between requestors. Realistically even if Walmart threw a ton of money to improve it it would likely be marginal unless you completely changed how orders were placed across the site or built a completely different system for this one item and since Walmart knows they're going to sell out anyway and these items are rare, it's just not worth it.

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Sure would be neat if Walmart had any earthly idea how high the demand would be so I could, y'know, use my saved credit info instead of making me reenter it all.

Oct 28, 2017
Why the fuck do I have to enter in my address and credit card when it's saved to my account? Makes trying to check out as fast as possible an impossible task.

Fuck you Walmart. Nothing like doing three shitty captchas and getting as far as "Place order" for nothing.

That pretty much means it's over. It did that to me every time. If you hit back, your address will appear and you can select it, but you are already too late

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had that shit in the cart when I refreshed it on the dot, and then got hit with so many captcha. What a stupid way to preorder shit.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
God fucking damn it, Walmart. I go out of my way to have the proper billing and payment info in there ahead of time, and you still make me re-enter it, which costs me the chance to get one. Fuck.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Sure would be neat if Walmart had any earthly idea how high the demand would be so I could, y'know, use my saved credit info instead of making me reenter it all.

Saved info did work, but the demand just made checkout glitch a bit. I thought the same thing, but switching to "gift card" and back again made it refresh my saved payment.

That didn't help me in the end, but it does show how wonky the high demand makes their site.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, I was on mobile refreshing Walmart. Here is my timeline
12:00:00 Check back at 12:00!
12:00:01 Check back at 12:00!
12:00:02 Check back at 12:00!
12:00:03 Check back at 12:00!
12:00:04 Out Of Stock. OK.....
Everyone must of already been on checkout without adding to cart and hitting confirm

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Saved info did work, but the demand just made checkout glitch a bit. I thought the same thing, but switching to "gift card" and back again made it refresh my saved payment.

That didn't help me in the end, but it does show how wonky the high demand makes their site.

If only the tiny mom and pop store Walmart could try and account for the heightened demand.