• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 10, 2018
Wow, couldn't even get out of the "Oh Deer" screen, sometimes it would give me the Cart screen and then when I would click 'Checkout' it would give me an error and kick me back to my cart. Then get hit with the 'Oh Deer' screen again. Not the Series X is out of stock. Such bullshit. You'd think they would learn how to handle the load after last week.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
Got up to the place order button on the app, which is further than I got on the website.

Close, but no cigar. I fucking hate this man.

Cardigan

Oct 28, 2017
for everybody who got to place order, you weren't even close. you would have then proceeded to captcha hell.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Tried to get a PS5 for my brother just now and actually managed to get it into my cart. Never made it to the payment screen, but it let me try over and over for 10 minutes before telling me tough shit.

TigerPhin

Oct 28, 2017
Burned those servers down. No luck for me either grabbing one. Amazon pre-order still without any dates. Good luck!

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
Copped the Series X by the hairs on my chinny chin chin. Tried to test my luck with the PS5, but I knew I was going to be too late by then. lol

1/2 today. Not bad.

200.gif

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
got past entering/confirming address after a billion clicks and erros, then said oos and went to saved for later

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
So what's the new strat for Playstation Direct? I know they fixed it so you HAVE to queue up now. Just game of luck? Try and queue up at the right time and pray you get a short queue and get a system?

Or can you still stay on the site beforehand and just Refresh to "stay" on the whole time?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I was checking out with an XSX on walmart.com the instant it went up, but the site forced me to put the security code for the card in again and by the time I got it put in it was sold out. Ugh.

BigBoss

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I would've had it if walmart's stupid website didn't make me re-enter my credit card information even though it was already saved. Fucking shit ass website and app.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
The PS Direct Queue and these other retailer websites are just a lottery. Do you gamble on a spot in line at PS or gamble on a non-functioning third party website?

Oct 31, 2017
Even with tempered, realistic expectations, this whole charade is still just so infuriating. Being there, having it in cart, hitting check-out, the site just shits itself then "oops guess you're fucked!".

It's extra maddening knowing that if I wouldn't have changed PSN ID's when the PS4 originally launched in 2013, I probably would have been offered one of these fucking things on a silver platter from Sony as a loyal fan/having a PSN ID since 2006's PS3 launch. Burns pretty bad...

Oct 26, 2017
Got to checkout immediately, then oh deer, then 10 MINUTES of fucking captchas. Kept telling me I was wrong and to try again. Fuck you, Walmart. By the time I got it right, it was sold out.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
Did ANYONE get a PS5 from Walmart today?

I got to the place your order button three times but all three crapped out.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Having it in cart means nothing at wal mart and most places. Doesn't mean you are close or should be upset or feel you were close. Bots are buying them so wait for the incoming I have 50 more images to pop up on twitter.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Botmart's site is the absolute worst piece of shit.

...I'm beginning to accept more and more the reality that I'm just not gonna even have a real chance at getting one till 2021. HOPEFULLY these things are then widely and easily available for everyone so we're not all stuck doing this cluster fuck.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DONE.. I'M FUCKING DONE...

TO HELL WITH WALMART... FUCK SONY DIRECT.

PLAYSTATION 5 CAN KISS MY BLACK ASS

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Got to place order and still couldnt get it.

Yup fuck this i'm just gonna buy this shit off a scalper and be done with it

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Had the system in my cart, was literally in the check out process... and at the end "Out of stock".

What the fuck Walmart!?
my credit card info was in and everything.

FFS... once an item is in the cart, decrement your fucking inventory count and let that person check out. At least give them a 10 minute window. FFS crappy website deign.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I don't understand how this is supposed to work? Who is actually getting these? The site won't even come close to functioning properly everytime there is a drop.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
The bullshit thing is that this was me attempting to re-order from Walmart. I have a pre-order from Sept 22nd that they still haven't even SHIPPED. It pisses me off that they're selling new consoles while I have had a pre-order that's gone unfilled.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Wow I really feel like I was on the razors edge of getting one at Walmart, then I could have returned the big stupid bundle from GS, but after several minutes of completing my order not working, I finally got dumped back out with an empty cart and no ps5. Oh well, I guess I didn't walk away empty handed today but whew spent a lot more than I planned today.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how this is supposed to work? Who is actually getting these? The site won't even come close to functioning properly everytime there is a drop.
Yeah and the captchas are fuckin broken to boot. So I'm not really sure who's getting through these. I had everything setup before hand and it still asked me my fuckin address in checkout. Like what?

Oct 27, 2017
Went to Walmart and got the ps5 in my cart right away but was unable to place the order. After 8 minutes it said it was sold out. I was at the last step. Oh well.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Work is giving us 2 weeks off for the xmas holidays... im kinda regretting not getting an XSX with CP2077 coming soon lol

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to the place order button and then by the time the site loaded I was SOL. Lmao.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Get ready for this crazy idea. How about when we add the item to our carts, the stock gets tied up for 5 minutes while you checkout.

WOW INSANE RIGHT?