• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
please read what I actually posted. It's not a guarantee, I'm saying don't take your sweet ass time lol.
this is not what happened on launch day on wal mart, you were simply un able to get it to move. If anyone got it done in 10 seconds I simply have no idea how it was possible. As I said before, each step took loads of time 1. refresh 2 add to cart 3 shipping it took minutes to get through each step.

I guess the guy isn't listening though so he's in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

If you were on the first set of orders before launch date then yeah people said the app worked well for those but not anymore.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
this is not what happened on launch day on wal mart, you were simply un able to get it to move. If anyone got it done in 10 seconds I simply have no idea how it was possible. As I said before, each step took loads of time 1. refresh 2 add to cart 3 shipping it took minutes to get through each step.

I guess the guy isn't listening though so he's in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

If you were on the first set of orders before launch date then yeah people said the app worked well for those but not anymore.

I was fortunate I suppose. The other thing is that if you have it in your cart and it won't advance, you don't let go of that page until you get it going through. Keep on hitting next or whatever it was. Don't s out of stock and just give up. Check the original pre order threads. People get through even with that happening. Again, if you're doing all this and you don't get it, my original thing was to help those people who are lucky enough to get it in cart, but don't have payment info ready or have to sign into the site still. That's a must.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
A little update regarding walmart launch day orders. Later today will mark a week, that a lot of us are still waiting for our walmart PS5's to ship. We figured walmart might push out another big order last night, however that never happen.

So here we are going on a week later.. walmart is preparing to sell another order of PS5's, yet they still haven't even filled their orders from launch day. I will tell you this, if walmart doesn't manage to ship our orders out today. I will never buy another launch day type item from them. As this wait time is unacceptable, especially when they never mentioned a possible wait on their launch day sale.

Last edited:

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
After some frantic F5'ing on Mediamarkt.ch, I was able to place an order for a digital version PS5! Hopefully it processes properly. I was able to pay for it and everything so I'm optimistic

Just got the confirmation email too!

Last edited:

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems that Amazon will be the last chance for a pre-order for the next batch on 15 December here.

If I don't get it I won't waste more time and energy for this. Like whatever I'll get one next year or something.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Jesus exists than he'll let me order a PS5 today!

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
I think I managed to get an order in with Harvey Norman (Ireland). At least I got an acknowledgement email and payment receipt. I won't rest easy on that til it's dispatched, though, the site is kaput.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
From the outside, seeing all the twitter talk it seems like the European launch has been even worse than ours was. Many condolences to all those out there trying to score non-preorders.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, amazon UK is probably as close as I've gotten. Was trying to checkout with it in cart but it kept erroring out on me.

Edit I could have gotten one on costco the first day they had stock but balked at the forced bundle.

KingFantasma

Oct 29, 2017
Can you let me know if they let you sign for Xbox all acces?
Sorry I didn't look into this. I just wanted to buy and leave quick.
tell us if you get it because for the PS5 pop finder said mine had 2 and Target denied it and sent me home.

Yup, great success!

The fucked up thing about it is that around 6:30am an employee came out and said they didn't have any PS5 or Xbox. Then at 7am when the doors opened, they told us they only had three Series X available, which is what Popfindr said.

I'm thankful for the first guy that was in line though. When the employee said they didn't have any, he said to stay in line because they often say they don't have any when they actually do. Which in this case, was true.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Edit I could have gotten one on costco the first day they had stock but balked at the forced bundle.
Same. I had one in the cart, but balked at the bundle, deciding to wait for Walmart's first drop, to try and get one on it's own. If I get the chance again, I'll snap up the Costco/Sam's bundle no questions asked.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to believe the amazon thing was for the countries that still had actual stock.

Seems major markets had launch stock (germany, UK and France) the rest is just pre-orders for the next batch.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
please read what I actually posted. It's not a guarantee, I'm saying don't take your sweet ass time lol.

Edit. unless you think it's perfectly alright to not be signed into the site you're buying from and then go get your wallet for your credit card or something, then I will say that's not very ideal for this.

I've begin buying concert tickets and limited items for myself for 15 years over the net and have had to deal with scalpers all the time. Without resorting to the same software they have , this with multiple browsers is the best way I've found that works for me over the years. I'm sorry it's worked for me and the people I know. It's nothing special.

I'll also add... how many times have you done this? PS5 only? I should not be able to come close to getting things like this compared to people on the mainland being so far away... I've secured Target and Walmart (and a sonydirect buy that didn't count since it was the original invite without the public) for my friend's kids this way. All the way in Hawaii. All I'm telling people is what I did and how long it took each time.

come on, man. I'm 39 years old and I've preordered consoles before. I got a series X for me and a series S for my niece and nephew. I understand to be signed in with stored payment info ahead of time. I was trying just the same as everyone else but the reality is there are hundreds of thousands of people trying to buy a handful of consoles and it's not going to work out for most of them. You got lucky, which is great, but it's not like we can all just pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and sign into Walmart.com ahead of time and buy a PS5 in 10 seconds.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I didn't look into this. I just wanted to buy and leave quick.

Yup, great success!

The fucked up thing about it is that around 6:30am an employee came out and said they didn't have any PS5 or Xbox. Then at 7am when the doors opened, they told us they only had three Series X available, which is what Popfindr said.

I'm thankful for the first guy that was in line though. When the employee said they didn't have any, he said to stay in line because they often say they don't have any when they actually do. Which in this case, was true.
Great! Next time I'll definitely push a tad bit harder.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the Walmart app to try and get the PS5 today.

edit: I see you use the Walmart.com app not the store thing.

I guess I will put in my shipping and payment information and see if I can get lucky at 3pm.

When do people start clicking?

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I managed to get a PS5 on Amazon UK. I will need a new F5 key but was lucky enough to check in the moment there was stock.

Bought super fast just in case but everything seems to be in order and it has already been charged.

Pity I seem to be one of the few lucky ones. Feels bad for everyone mashing F5 for an hour.

mangdo

Banned
Sep 18, 2020
Managed to snag one from Amazon UK during a frantic couple of minutes earlier. Surprising the younger siblings with one.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
my walmart.com XSX pre-order still hasn't even shipped.

I would be stupid to try to double-down with a company that's already fucked me over once

and yet?

ALL ALARMS SET FOR 3 PM WE'RE DOING THIS BOYS MANIFEST THIS SHIT WITH ME. PRAYER CIRCLE YALL.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
my walmart.com XSX pre-order still hasn't even shipped.

I would be stupid to try to double-down with a company that's already fucked me over once

and yet?

ALL ALARMS SET FOR 3 PM WE'RE DOING THIS BOYS MANIFEST THIS SHIT WITH ME. PRAYER CIRCLE YALL.
I'm kind of having the same hesitation. I already had to get one >$500 refund from Walmart. If I get another PS5 ordered and there's an issue, I have to imagine there's no way they'll refund me again.

bashfulberry

Nov 14, 2020
Watch Playstation Direct and Wal-Mart go live at the same time.
They did on launch day...

0mMz8F.png

I feel like that's probably not a coincidence, and I have a funny feeling it'll happen again today (no insider info, just suspicions).

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
I'm kind of having the same hesitation. I already had to get one >$500 refund from Walmart. If I get another PS5 ordered and there's an issue, I have to imagine there's no way they'll refund me again.

They haven't even CHARGED me for my XSX pre-order. If I order a second one and they somehow send both at the same time, I'll just return one.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
I downloaded the Walmart app to try and get the PS5 today.

edit: I see you use the Walmart.com app not the store thing.

I guess I will put in my shipping and payment information and see if I can get lucky at 3pm.

When do people start clicking?

I can't find a Walmart.com app on the Google Play store, just the Walmart Shopping app.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You should checkout within about 10 secs. it's possible. Be signed in and your payment info saved etc. Just blaze through as fast as you can. Many stop and lollygag their way through and lose out. Or never have payment saved and have to enter their credit card.
Yeah, 'lollygagging' around is TOTALLY the reason why the vast majority of us ITT are missing out every time. Gotta get some detergent, a shirt, and carton of eggs on the website with our preorders. GTFO here.

It sounds like you haven't been on Walmart's website at all during this mess. Good luck with your 10 seconds, LMAO.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Big ass thread. Not crawling through it lol.

Any updates on PS5 stuff? Any sites to watch out for?