• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virdix

Oct 27, 2017
Got fucked on the target restock, got a "we arent accepting new payment cards right now. Please use a previously saved payment method"

DirtySprite3

Banned
Sep 13, 2019
Would've had it if Target allowed guest checkout I mean damn did you guys need to send me a verification code to my phone to make a damn Target account smh.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
My son and daughter tag teamed to wake me up, I got the notice on my phone but even though I logged in they wanted my whole ass credit card number 🤦🏾‍♂️ Of course it was game over by the time I got my card out

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
confused, did target just sell them? no one directly said it, wario didn't tweet

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Would have missed it no matter what I guess. The reports of wait til such and such have really been messing me up.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm off today, so my only chance this week to realistically get a PS5. Hope we get a Sony Direct drop

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
This shit is really pissing me off. I wake up at 5 am, then go work 12 hours in grocery. It is literally impossible to place an order when they go on sale for 2 minutes at some random time... I can't sit handcuffed to a browser hitting F5. There has to be a better way to do this so other people get a fair shot.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
A target 30 mins away says it has 58 in hand in the myStore app and Popfindr, what are the chances they actually are selling?

They open in an hour btw

They also didn't have this stock yesterday

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
This shit is really pissing me off. I wake up at 5 am, then go work 12 hours in grocery. It is literally impossible to place an order when they go on sale for 2 minutes at some random time... I can't sit handcuffed to a browser hitting F5. There has to be a better way to do this so other people get a fair shot.
When completely overpriced bundles with gaming chairs sell out fast, I think it's a gauge on the real-world demand out there. This isn't just bots. Everyone wants one of these things, and there's no way to get one to everyone who wants one.

I do wish they'd just take orders and fulfill them as they come in, but I guess that would set up retailers for cancellations as people order from multiple places to see who can get them one faster, then just cancel the rest.

I'm coming to grips with the fact that I may not get one until 2021. Luckily I still have plenty of stuff to play in my backlog in the meantime.

I am kicking myself for not getting a backup one when Sony sent me the invitation a few months ago. Lesson learned. I'll never trust one of these shipping companies to not "lose" my high-demand launch product again.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
So I'm at Target, they have 8 but they're online pickup only but they're not even showing up online, WTF! IM SO CLOOOSE

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
BRUH one of the main retailers in Portugal just announced that the units bought tonight on the site when they go live for those that don't preorder will only be delivered on the 15th of December

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder when the sales on German retailers go live. Guess I'll have to sit at my PC at midnight.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Was at Target when they opened to pick up a prescription and holy shit the scalpers are out. They scattered when an employee came out and said they had no PS5s, only Xbox Series X, but you have to buy those online for in store pickup. Poor scalpers.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
Well yesterday walmart did start shipping out a good amount of people's PS5's from their launch day sale. However walmart is filling orders randomly. So there's no way to know when someone's order might ship. Walmart is playing a game of whack a mole, in terms of sending orders out.

Today will be day 6 of a lot of walmart launch day orders, still waiting to be shipped. My order is still sitting idle as well. Hopefully with the movement yesterday from walmart, today will be another day of them shipping out another big order of PS5's from launch day.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
It is garbage but I think supply is really low for the new consoles and demand is really high.

I think the online drops make sense in a pandemic but doing them at midnight or 2 am is stupid.

The thing that would make me angry is if the bots and scalpers were getting close to a majority of the consoles. I don't think that is the case though they are obviously still getting too many and the markups are ridiculous.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
T
Asked the guy in store and website isnt updating the stock apparently, they literally have 8 right there but are only selling online for pickup.

Now I'm just gonna refresh the store all day
Actually just went in and asked. They only had one Xbox and it wasn't showing in inventory online. Was tempted but the guy behind me wanted it so I let him have it

Last edited:

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My Target shows 1 Series X in-stock, according to popfindr. Not sure how legit it is, but was just checking.

24thFrame

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 16, 2020
Brickseek is showing most of the Wal-marts by me as reporting having Series X stock. But, they're still operating on the online-only thing right now, yeah?

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Was at Target when they opened to pick up a prescription and holy shit the scalpers are out. They scattered when an employee came out and said they had no PS5s, only Xbox Series X, but you have to buy those online for in store pickup. Poor scalpers.

They may not be scalpers, just people trying to get one? My local Target had 5 in stock, and people waited in line before the store opened and then bought them. Hell, it may be my only chance at getting one this century.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Saw the CAG thing at 7:00am that PS5 were in stock at Target and I was mad that I missed it since I was awake...until I realize it was just a delayed post of their 2:00am stock.

Will be refreshing Direct every few mins again today.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the CAG thing at 7:00am that PS5 were in stock at Target and I was mad that I missed it since I was awake...until I realize it was just a delayed post of their 2:00am stock.

Will be refreshing Direct every few mins again today.
Don't refresh the direct website. It dosen't work

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Actually just went in and asked. They only had one Xbox and it wasn't showing in inventory online. Was tempted but the guy behind me wanted it so I let him have it
That's so upsetting lol, my guy was not allowed to sell it to me.

I was the first one there too, god i am so unlucky rn

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
My target day 1 pre order was lost/stolen by FedEx and they told me I can get a refund but not a new ps5 because they have none. So hearing target actually has them is pretty fucking annoying. Why can't target ship me one from these random drops?

iCodec

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brickseek is showing most of the Wal-marts by me as reporting having Series X stock. But, they're still operating on the online-only thing right now, yeah?
Yeah I know someone who works at our local Walmart and they have em in stock in the back but not able to sell them. Probably holding them till Black Friday.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I scored one from Walmart last week online. It was supposed to deliver 11/27 but apparently it is arriving today, while I am on vacation! Sweet!