• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
So did the bots. I think this is better at least because at least it gives everyone a chance even for those who didn't know about the workaround.
This random shit is so demoralizing though when I'm watching the site every waking hour waiting for the queue to pop. It makes me want to just turn to the scalpers.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
This random shit is so demoralizing though when I'm watching the site every waking hour waiting for the queue to pop. It makes me want to just turn to the scalpers.
Now that you know it's random, just keep an eye out for pre queue. I feel better knowing I don't have to watch the damn site thinking if I'm early I'll get in.

bwadley87

Jan 12, 2019
Man having all kinds of lightbulb moments now, do we think that moment in time when everyone has "more than an hour" is when it's shuffling us all around into a random order?

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
I was put into the que today, twice, and couldn't snag one. I suspect this overall pattern will continue until a major influx of stock is available -- best chance is Black Friday.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
FlawedPerkyGull-size_restricted.gif

Dec 25, 2018
Target seems to be the only place selling their in-store stock, from what I've seen people talk about.
my local target had nothing but "only sold online" plastered all over the displays so I guess it might just be certain targets.
I guess the PC drop if that real is another chance, and if not there's
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd say if Direct was getting more stock today or not. I'm gonna be refreshing this mothafucka for hours just in case.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
My disc ver got delivered from PS Direct, I'm so lucky.
Don't give up, good luck to everyone. :)

justin3d

Nov 15, 2020
my local target had nothing but "only sold online" plastered all over the displays so I guess it might just be certain targets.
I guess the PC drop if that real is another chance, and if not there's [Hidden content]
My Target said they haven't got any new shipments in all week. But said they are planning to sell what they get in. Said their only shipment was on launch day and only 6 were not claimed by pre-order (around 35 were pre-order).

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
I'm to the point where I don't think it matters when you come in to a degree and it's all just random and completely based around luck....
The pre-queue is so large with thousands of people and many more bots that you aren't wrong once you are in. The upside is that you have like 10+ min to get in for the shuffle.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the PC drop if that real is another chance, and if not there's [Hidden content]
Did you look closely at those messages? At my store, it said only sold online on launch day. They were selling in-store the next day, though they didn't have many, though the signs were still up.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want a Series X but it looks like there have been very few drops since launch? RIP

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing GS is offering $175 for a PS4 1TB if you trade it by the 30th & I've got a 2TB HDD. I was kinda wanting to keep my PS4 just for the storage & not instantly fill up the PS5 SSD, but with how my budget has been screwed over the last few months, I may have to give in & sell my PS4.

So I guess my 2 questions are 1.) Is there any reason to keep my 2TB PS4 if all my games will work on the PS5, if not better as I didn't have a pro? & 2.) What're the chances I could get one from GS in the first place?

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
It would be nice if I could just put in an order alongside everybody else on Sony Direct and they'd fill them as they have units, so you'd be able to avoid the bots with the one per household restriction and those that can get them elsewhere will hopefully cancel to let those behind them move up.

Avenger

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
Target seems to be the only place selling their in-store stock, from what I've seen people talk about.
Did you look closely at those messages? At my store, it said only sold online on launch day. They were selling in-store the next day, though they didn't have many, though the signs were still up.

A few of my targets said they had XSX sttock but cant sell in store, has to be online at no specific time or date. Same as walmarrt.

I'll give it a week or two into december and ill just buy from a scalper. Stores holding on to stock on purpose to maximize black friday money. I rather overpay a average joe then contribute to these games for a product that is officially out and being restrained by vendors.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
It would be nice if I could just put in an order alongside everybody else on Sony Direct and they'd fill them as they have units, so you'd be able to avoid the bots with the one per household restriction and those that can get them elsewhere will hopefully cancel to let those behind them move up.

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Or if they offered some of this stock to the Plus members who replied "interested" to the first pre-order email, but never received the second.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
So, I decided to postpone my PS5 purchase, as I neither have the money nor the time right now. Anyone from Europe interested in buying the console for 499€ (+ shipping from Germany to your location) from me? Thought I'd ask here, instead of cancelling and giving the scalpers a chance to snatch another one. :) Payment in € via PayPal friends & family, so that there are no fees. Alternatively, you can also add 13€ to cover the fees yourself. Keep in mind you may not be able to use the included Schuko plug.

First come, first serve!

EDIT: And it's gone!

Last edited:

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Beginning to worry my PS5 from Direct is missing... Ordered Friday, I live only 3 hours from where it shipped from and was supposed to arrive Monday, then today, and now I can't seem to get a person on the phone who has any idea where its at... Says its been on a truck for delivery for 2 days now.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
This is all so absurd. Had an alert for the pulse 3d headset and they were all gone in seconds. This is all really starting to feel impossible. I feel like I've done everything I can to aquire a PS5 and accessories and nothing is panning out. I know it's 1st world problems but I'm super discouraged. Just feels hopeless no matter what I do.

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
This is all so absurd. Had an alert for the pulse 3d headset and they were all gone in seconds. This is all really starting to feel impossible. I feel like I've done everything I can to aquire a PS5 and accessories and nothing is panning out. I know it's 1st world problems but I'm super discouraged. Just feels hopeless no matter what I do.

I haven't had any luck with the PS5, but the Pulse headset was much easier for me to get. It's been going in stock fairly regularly at Amazon, so if you receive notifications from Wario64 I don't think you'll have much issue securing it within a day or two.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Target stores have been getting them? Am I crazy for getting up tomorrow bright/early and trying to snag one at a nearby one?