• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Time to waste the next several hours waiting for a digital
I honestly feel so fucking shitty, thanks Sony

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The yellow bar is actually moving this time, so that's at least slightly promising. Still says "over an hour" though, so I'm pretty sure I have zero chance. But... hope is a good thing. LOL

SloMoBackSlap

Feb 15, 2018
I am so pissed that I had this website auto-refreshing for 10 second intervals and seeing that it was live, and clicking the link got me into the queue quicker by at least 5 minutes. That makes no sense.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to get into queue right as it went up, but I still had the damn uBlock app running and it kept kicking me out. Uninstalled that.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I saw this thread updated about the Direct queue about 3 minutes after the fact and jumped in immediately. Don't think I'm going to have any chance though, cause I'm still at over an hour wait. My yellow bar has progressed at least, but by the time it lets me in I imagine stock will have evaporated.

I refuse to sit and obsessively watch random Twitter users/set my phone to push notifications from Twitter just so I can have maximum odds at clicking buttons fast enough.

I'd still like one right now, but my desire is waning by the day and I'm just thinking about totally ignoring the PS5's existence until I can walk into a store and pick one up off the shelf with zero thought/other action necessary.
This is exactly the point I've gotten to as well. I'm so fed up with this terrible awful ordering system. These companies need to be incentivized somehow to deal with the bots. But they are getting the money regardless and I'm sure it does something to drive some kind of fake scarcity that's probably good for marketing or something so there is no incentive for them to deal with it.

I'm going to scratch my tech itch by getting a new M1 Mac Mini instead. Those came out today. Here's to hoping Apple won't make me eat a bunch of L's too.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
You know the worst part about this for me is that I actually did manage to snag a pre-order in September, only to have my PS5 stolen. Now I have to hope I'm lucky enough to actually be active on Twitter the instant a deal goes live, only to play the luck game again and see if I can snag one. It's so lame.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
My wife got in the que about 5 min after me and she has less time to wait than me lol yeah, such bullshit.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Actually looking at the page now and thinking back, I guess I did see the queue-it and click the are you human button. I just didn't think about it and moved on and completely forgotten about it. Good thing for the chime or I wouldn't have even remembered.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
You know the worst part about this for me is that I actually did manage to snag a pre-order in September, only to have my PS5 stolen. Now I have to hope I'm lucky enough to actually be active on Twitter the instant a deal goes live, only to play the luck game again and see if I can snag one. It's so lame.
Same. FedEx sucks.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
As per usual they do a drop when I'm not able to watch the site. I'm giving up, see you all next year when the revision drops lol (such a first world problem).

Eslayer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Got in a few seconds before Wario tweeted and still nothing

It'd be nice if FedEx found my PS5 that they "lost"

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

did you get your money back from wherever you bought it?

bashfulberry

Nov 14, 2020
As per usual they do a drop when I'm not able to watch the site. I'm giving up, see you all next year when the revision drops lol (such a first world problem).
If it makes you feel better, as someone who had this happen to me Friday, I was right there at my computer checking for five minutes straight before this drop, hopped in the queue immediately, and STILL missed it by 30 minutes...

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
Lasted 16 mintues this time.

Nov 17 - 2:50 PM EST Playstation Direct : Console Out of Stock
Nov 17 - 2:34 PM EST Playstation Direct : Console In Stock for $499.99

Still got 11 min on both my queues. OTL

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
6 straight days of having the PS5 in my cart somewhere, only for it to sell out before I can buy it. There just has to be a better way, this is starting to cause me serious anguish.

Nov 13, 2020
I just got in. Thanks Sony. At least I've learned that autorefresher isn't a guarantee. And maybe I shouldn't use ublock? I heard one person say that affects it.

Oct 31, 2017
This is exactly the point I've gotten to as well. I'm so fed up with this terrible awful ordering system. These companies need to be incentivized somehow to deal with the bots. But they are getting the money regardless and I'm sure it does something to drive some kind of fake scarcity that's probably good for marketing or something so there is no incentive for them to deal with it.

I'm going to scratch my tech itch by getting a new M1 Mac Mini instead. Those came out today. Here's to hoping Apple won't make me eat a bunch of L's too.
Yeah it's definitely frustrating.

I don't remember the last time a launch was this annoying. I mean, they often are just a race to try and beat out people tripping over themselves anyway, but it's not felt this brutal since the Wii (which, I didn't have any interest in having around launch). The PS3 and Switch were also pretty annoying, but I got really lucky with the PS3 and really unlucky with the Switch.

All I'd really like to know is how long Sony thinks it might be before they'll really start meeting demand. If they came out and said "We expect to meet the high demand for PS5 in Feb 2021", that alone would probably be enough for me to sit back and just wait it out. But like you say, this rat race of tight supply and overflowing demand plays right into the hands of all the people who seek to profit off of the sales.

AdawgDaFAB

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Dell is the last hope for today?

I just got in. Thanks Sony. At least I've learned that autorefresher isn't a guarantee. And maybe I shouldn't use ublock? I heard one person say that affects it.
Yeah, it blocks the captcha that puts you in the queue. Had to disable it in FF to be let in. Didn't matter though, since both FF and Chrome are still 7 min left for queue. >_<

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the website creates time based instances and if you are in an instance when the queue drops you have to wait until your instance is over before you can enter the queue

bwadley87

Jan 12, 2019
Just saw the OOS for myself. I'll give up on autorefreshing direct for now and just going there when a queue is reported and hope for the best, I guess.

Edit: I hope this means we can expect a drop from Sony on weekdays at a random time, instead of us riding out the last of their post-launch inventory.

opus

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did they only drop the disc version? So there's still a chance digital might drop?

Lunzio

Oct 28, 2017
I rode it out and can confirm, I have nothing to show for it!

That chime is at least... something I learned.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Lasted 16 mintues this time.

Nov 17 - 2:50 PM EST Playstation Direct : Console Out of Stock
Nov 17 - 2:34 PM EST Playstation Direct : Console In Stock for $499.99

Still got 11 min on both my queues. OTL
those aren't real times. Its just something flagged on that site. If u ever actually get into one of these sites. They dont actually last more than a minute or 2