• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Still trying to figure out what the hidden content is...

Ok. Seems they changed the way that works at some point.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if we'll get any more Sony Direct stock this week.

Optimistic Skeeter believes they just didn't want to do new stock on the weekend.

Pessimistic Skeeter thinks the dream is dead for a few weeks.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
Wonder if we'll get any more Sony Direct stock this week.

Optimistic Skeeter believes they just didn't want to do new stock on the weekend.

Pessimistic Skeeter thinks the dream is dead for a few weeks.

Yeah it's very hard to say either way.. i think we know something early in the week. Because if other major retailers besides sony themselves, are waiting on inventory, to ship consoles sold last week.

It would be a bit odd seeing sony sell more consoles, with other major US retailers waiting to fill orders still. Like i said in one of my other posts. Hopefully dates like walmart have given out, are just worst case, and orders ship monday/tuesday. With more inventory being sold this week, here in the US.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is infuriating. Why can't retailers allow you to place an order and be placed in a queue? Like how it is to order an iPhone. Even if deliver was 3 weeks out you'd still know you had one coming.
It took Apple a few years to figure out the supply and sales issues with their iPhones. I am sure it was a complete nightmare to figure it out. And they make so many of the fucking things and do it every year, not every 5-8 years like with a console. Sony and MS are also trying to do this in the middle of a pandemic. I am sure both are short the number of units they wanted to make and demand seems to be more intense than any launch in years.

But I do agree with getting in line at least in buying from Sony. It would save so much time for all of us. You could just get in a pre-order and get an estimated delivery of next April.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, after much deliberation I decided to buy a PS5 a lot earlier than I normally would buy a new console. I just cant wait with a new Spiderman game out there.

Don't even know how to get started and try to find one, lol. Actually hoping this thread will help

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Alright, after much deliberation I decided to buy a PS5 a lot earlier than I normally would buy a new console. I just cant wait with a new Spiderman game out there.

Don't even know how to get started and try to find one, lol. Actually hoping this thread will help
No worries, we're all early and we might get a chance March 2021....

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

Here's a summation of what we currently know, ordered alphabetically and by order of likeliness:

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
Started looking Brickstock it looks like a WalMart near me says 6+ in stock. Gonna try and call and see if they are actually selling them, seems others are hearing it's stock not yet for sale.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017

you can play it on ps4 (if you buy it on ps4 you get the ps5 version free with it) and it's glorified dlc. 10-12 hours long.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Is BF the soonest we're expecting stock? I have one but my nephew wants one for Christmas so I'm trying to help my sister out.

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Is BF the soonest we're expecting stock? I have one but my nephew wants one for Christmas so I'm trying to help my sister out.

That's likely the next chance unless PlayStation Direct does another batch, if I had to guess. No one has anything officially scheduled until then.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me: Look there's new stock at all the places I called and irritated the fuck out of!

Also me: I dunno, it's probably just black friday stock, just wait or wait till the new year.

Me: I dunno... they COULD be selling it... you should call

4464_yes_honey_left.png

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Doesn't hurt to call. Just looking at them on Amazon for over 1400 pisses me off. Especially with the order soon 10 left or whatever comment.

I get that it's nothing new like I said I'm old enough to remember N64 going for 800-1100 in the local paper.

Still annoying as hell.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Is anybody else here in the Costco online order boat? I have no info regarding when they're planning to ship it out, I'm curious if anybody got theirs shipped yet.

PrimeRib

Nov 16, 2017
My nephew really wants a PS5 now (he was an Xbox fan last gen) - spending my days refreshing multiple tabs in the hopes I can pounce when stock opens.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the Walmart Black Friday ad is advertising PS5 and says Wednesday 7pm eastern online only. Are they implying PS5 will be available online the day before thanksgivings?

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
Playstation Queue is back up though it only took a few seconds to get into the website and there still is no stock. The Ublock script trick isn't working and neither is the f5+esc trick. Seems they patched up the website which really sucks on our end...

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Is anybody else here in the Costco online order boat? I have no info regarding when they're planning to ship it out, I'm curious if anybody got theirs shipped yet.
I'm in the boat and haven't received any status changes. Someone here said that they reached out to Costco who confirmed that the ship date of 11/23 was holding steady. May ship earlier than that, but I wouldn't put money on it.