• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Undead Hero

Dec 11, 2017
Glad to have a place to commiserate here. I've been trying to order a Series X since preorders went live, but I'm working 12 hour days in grocery and it's extremely difficult to keep up with inventory going live, much less placing an order on shoddy cell service. It's making me kinda bitter.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
This is completely an old man yells at clouds take and I get it but I'm really, really over this trend of "influencers" and actual celebrities getting free consoles, accessories, and games when they were going to get them anyways and have a much easier time getting them than us normal folks....

Old man rant over...

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
This is completely an old man yells at clouds take and I get it but I'm really, really over this trend of "influencers" and actual celebrities getting free consoles, accessories, and games when they were going to get them anyways and have a much easier time getting them than us normal folks....

Old man rant over...
MS sent Metal Jesus Rocks and X and he kind of trashed it a bit

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to have a place to commiserate here. I've been trying to order a Series X since preorders went live, but I'm working 12 hour days in grocery and it's extremely difficult to keep up with inventory going live, much less placing an order on shoddy cell service. It's making me kinda bitter.

Same. Well, at least same in failing to preorder a series X. My reason is that I have a 5 month old and I'm a full time dad right now, so I can't be glued to the internet refreshing pages all day. I almost had one from the Microsoft store post-launch but couldn't make it happen.

There are a few retailers who will drop stock on or near Black Friday - probably our last chance to get one this year. Good luck to both of us!

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Complete agreement.

I'm sure part of it is jealously on my part, but I had to stop following Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg on twitter as they were frequently retweeting influencers getting free swag and it was really pissing me off :P

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
I mean check out the balls on these dudes

Em0rJ_1XcAADhaH
Em0rKQoXEAAPi0Y

Looks like he got scared and deleted his account, probably had people looking for him or found him from the few comments I looked over. People don't deserve to get hurt or even stole from but wouldn't mind seeing sony do something to these guys to band them from future purchases or something
Apparently he got doxed and so he deleted his account, dunno if that's true but that's word on the e streets

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
"Fuck your feelings" lol what a small-ass man.

Idgaf if it gets me banned but i will always maintain that if you play stupid games you win stupid prices.

Ppl l will do nasty shit for much less, the least you could do is not brag about it if you're not willing to put up with the consequences.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I'm starting to worry Walmart Canada (or rather Canpar) lost my Xbox. They said give them until Wednesday and then they will "escalate the situation with the courier". It was supposed to come Tuesday but no updates since 1:30am that morning. I honestly just want the system. I'm a critic and have committed to do reviews and features, even accepting codes. I already gave my Xbox One to my younger brother. Any ideas on when Canada may get more stock?

At least my PS5 is on schedule, even if that means waiting until Monday. Fingers crossed.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate scalpers and scammers. Sigh I also blame Sony for not making enough compared to the PS4 launch last 2013.

oh well at least next year I'll be able to nab one. My New LG CX will not have next generation partner this year lol

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I hate scalpers and scammers. Sigh I also blame Sony for not making enough compared to the PS4 launch last 2013.

oh well at least next year I'll be able to nab one. My New LG CX will not have next generation partner this year lol
I had thought Sony actually said they made more than the PS4 launch.

Demand just seems to be through the roof on these things.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Has either Sony or MS made any sort of public announcement about the shortages? Especially since everyone knows we are being denied consoles because of the freaking bots and scalpers?
Or are they just thrilled with the high demand?

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
Is there any word on when Gamestop will be getting more stock? I had a rumor about maybe some tomorrow, but I don't know the validity

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
*sigh* look, I know it means nothing, I know I'm probably the only one, but still... What the fuck Sony?

s5D3v0H.jpg

(It is still there after fully loading, I just didn't take another screenshot)

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry *MINIMUM of two. that's my bad. Still doesn't bode well lol. And nothing about which version of it. You might get a store that is JUST digital or JUST disc or could just have one of each. D:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017

This really sucks but remember we are in a pandemic. It's possible they lost a few weeks or more of production time. When demand is this high you need every second to be used.

I give them a break.

But fuck scalpers forever. Total scum.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had thought Sony actually said they made more than the PS4 launch.

Demand just seems to be through the roof on these things.
No. If Sony made enough, a lot of people would have gotten it. I got my PS4 without any preorder on launch date last minute at GameStop

When PS4 was announced, it was easy to preorder on Amazon (although I did cancel Cuz I thought I'll be short on cash by the time it Launches).

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really sucks but remember we are in a pandemic. It's possible they lost a few weeks or more of production time. When demand is this high you need every second to be used.

I give them a break.

But fuck scalpers forever. Total scum.

Hello, friend.

You're right. Pandemic is a large factor. Plus the fact that it is mostly online to buy makes it really hard. The scalpers? Wow, pure greed. I mean they know it will be available more next year. I tend to avoid these vultures.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Hello, friend.

You're right. Pandemic is a large factor. Plus the fact that it is mostly online to buy makes it really hard. The scalpers? Wow, pure greed. I mean they know it will be available more next year. I tend to avoid these vultures.
Online makes sense but is also really frustrating when you don't get anything.

I got one off Costco and that was a bundle but I struck out everywhere else. It's crazy how so many people know when these things are going up.

Dec 25, 2018
at this rate, Sam's seems like my best option since you need a member to even order.

Anyone know if best buy has a certain drop time? I actually got an RTX 3070 FE through that launch but I think BB also has a decent system.

Oct 27, 2017
Online makes sense but is also really frustrating when you don't get anything.

I got one off Costco and that was a bundle but I struck out everywhere else. It's crazy how so many people know when these things are going up.
Yeah, I got my Series X off Costco and lucked out big time - should be here Wednesday - didnt get as lucky for PS5 through there. Will have to wait for them to be in stock physically at this rate. The scalper situation is out of control, woof.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've just gotta resign myself to not getting my hands on a PS5 till after the new year...hopefully...please, Sony, don't be like Nintendo in this case... I'll still try the direct site, but I'm not holding my breath for the time being. Better for the sanity.

What majorly sucks is I'm stuck playing FFXIV with the PS4's atrocious load times but what can do... I wish I had been able to afford to pre-order it back when it was available, but I was not earning a stable income then. :(

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Man people are thirsty....I threw my Series X up on a local group selling stuff in my area, trying to trade for a PS5 cause I knew a few people that have them lol....

In 10 mins I've had 4 people message me already.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I can't fucking stand these eBay scalpers that just take hardware out of people's hands that actually want to use them rather than a resale cash cow.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I can't fucking stand these eBay scalpers that just take hardware out of people's hands that actually want to use them rather than a resale cash cow.

It ain't a vaccine or food for the hungry it is an expensive luxury toy basically. If you didn't have the presence of mind to pre-order early in the year when it was a bit less of a frenzy or whatever that is the luck of a draw. The entitlement in this thread is bananas. No one is entitled to a console and that includes the reseller or the "pure gamer". Lordy...