• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
I also feel for everyone who hasn't got one yet. As i was up till 4:30am ET on launch day. I feel i had a PS5 on both target, and PSD. However i was one of the people affected by Target's CVV code issue. The PSD site, at checkout, gave me the "there's an issue with payment, check info, and try again". All info was correct. After it happen, I seen multiple people complain of same issue. My card was fine, and had plenty of funds available for purchase.

Overall as someone who spent to much time early AM launch day. It didn't matter how dedicated you were, ultimately you have to hope these sites load properly, and their payment process doesn't error/fail on you.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
RIP me. I should've known better then to leave it, but I just went to pick up a Target in-store pickup and was turned away. Apparently anything not picked up Thursday was supposed to be cancelled, but my order stuck around. Sure woulda been nice to get a email or notification of that beforehand. As far as I knew it would've been held until tomorrow.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's kinda sad that this is what we're all reduced to. Oh how I wish there was just a backorder solution...
Nah what sucks is they shared that literally minutes before they ran out of stock yesterday lol. I spent the whole day stuck in that damn queue because I was out and about on my phone.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
lilstone87 The Sony site charged me twice, and refunded the second charge. I'm sure my constant refreshing plus site issues are the reason.

The PSD site was annoying for me. As it just refused to accept my card. Kept saying payment wasn't right, to check info to make sure correct. Overall card was fine, my card even showed them place a charge multiple times, but never completely went thru. I was beyond pissed, on top of being tired. As i lost out twice, when i feel a PS5 was there for me, just these sites payment system failed me.

Ultimately i hope the Walmart order was my way of getting some good karma returned. As i know the number of real people minus bots, was very low, in being able to get one ordered.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I was talking with ps chat and here is something they said, they may not mean much but it is pretty funny/aggravating

Me: but your site said it would be up today, don't you feel there is some form of responsibility here for someone to communicate if it was an error or not?

Justice L: The site advised that consumers can check back on today 11/14/2020 but it did not guarantee that there would be any in stock.

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
I hope for the small number of people who were able to get a PS5 ordered via walmart, the other day. Please post here if/when your order ships. I know walmart gave most of us a date of over a week later. I want to see if walmart will deliver early, and just gave us later dates, to cover themselves.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
I was talking with ps chat and here is something they said, they may not mean much but it is pretty funny/aggravating

Me: but your site said it would be up today, don't you feel there is some form of responsibility here for someone to communicate if it was an error or not?

Justice L: The site advised that consumers can check back on today 11/14/2020 but it did not guarantee that there would be any in stock.
That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard lol

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
As I had assumed, Amazon has rendered my PS5
Undeliverable
Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. We will issue a refund within 48 hours. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.

So I'm here again just to suffer I guess

I'm here to commiserate. I preordered way back when, but my Amazon PS5 was damaged during transit. Now I'm here just to suffer.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, the issue isn't if you will or won't have them, communicate you won't since you are trying to say you might.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
another random twitter image, looks legit I guess

Em0iqMWW4AUEvWm

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you know what's worse about those images? that they are going to sell them...

because we are in the middle of a pandemic with supply chains not giving enough units for the public the people will end up resorting to these scalpers, that's the fucked up thing about it.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
you know what's worse about those images? that they are going to sell them...

because we are in the middle of a pandemic with supply chains not giving enough units for the public the people will end up resorting to these scalpers, that's the fucked up thing about it.
Sony should care this, this is also hurting them as a lot of these systems should be in players hands, playing, buying etc I understand the issue was hard and they wanted to help not spread the virus but the sites that sell these need to be held accountable for one person getting 10 or more at once while 1000s of others miss them.

MinionZero

Jan 14, 2018
There are people who end up with a few more systems because of covering their bases and trying to resell the console duplicates.

Then there are people who deliberately buy dozens of systems with the intent of scalping.

I have missed a change to preorder a PS5 at least five times, twice at Amazon. Ah, well, it is not like PS5 is done after a few shipments.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Look at eBay sold listings just today only, I counted 750+ PS5's sold for 1k or more.

giphy.gif

Just gotta be patient and let it die down. It may take a few months, hopefully not longer than that.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony should care this, this is also hurting them as a lot of these systems should be in players hands, playing, buying etc I understand the issue was hard and they wanted to help not spread the virus but the sites that sell these need to be held accountable for one person getting 10 or more at once while 1000s of others miss them.
but how would you fix this? this is a complicated issue, the scalper grey market is a by-product of capitalism itself, there is a demand, people will try to get it, FOMO effect kicks in and they will go bonkers trying to get one, some of them will get more than one to sell it at profit.

The problems? not enough supply to answer the demand, stores not prepared to deal with this shit, some don't even care at all.

Look at eBay sold listings just today only, I counted 750+ PS5's sold for 1k or more.

be aware that many of those sales are from people buying them themselves to drive up the price of the sold listings, I wouldn't necessarily trust them on all of them being truly sold

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
And then some ppl act like scalping is ok lol
I mean if you buy one and just want to make a quick buck fine, that isn't the end of the world but getting 50/100..

500 profit isnt that hepful imo, especially long term
but how would you fix this? this is a complicated issue, the scalper grey market is a by-product of capitalism itself, there is a demand, people will try to get it, FOMO effect kicks in and they will go bonkers trying to get one, some of them will get more than one to sell it at profit.

The problems? not enough supply to answer the demand, stores not prepared to deal with this shit, some don't even care at all.

be aware that many of those sales are from people buying them themselves to drive up the price of the sold listings, I wouldn't necessarily trust them on all of them being truly sold
There has to be a way to check where orders are coming from, addresses and such. I can't imagine these guys are getting these sent to 40 and 50 different locations.

shantyman

Jan 30, 2018
There is zero difference between selling this and and, say, an iPhone. Simply create a queue like Apple does and ship when it is available.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is zero difference between selling this and and, say, an iPhone. Simply create a queue like Apple does and ship when it is available.
that's on stores to create a mechanism like that, which I agree, is really good, look at how neat the PS Direct orders were handled, it was a queue where people had time to order and get their things in order before the page and the system completely got overrun by bots, also only 1 per account with PSN account link required.

however, I'm sure many stores don't care at all, and Sony is not apple, they won't monopolize the selling of the products.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you buy one and just want to make a quick buck fine, that isn't the end of the world but getting 50/100..

500 profit isnt that hepful imo, especially long term

There has to be a way to check where orders are coming from, addresses and such. I can't imagine these guys are getting these sent to 40 and 50 different locations.
they aren't, I believe the cancel the orders later, because each sold listing on ebay takes 10% to ebay, that would make them lose a ton of money.

they last days and days to ship the product (they won't, of course) meanwhile the listing is there driving up prices

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
My FedEx shipping changed from End of Day today to Pending. The last update was it was put on a truck at 7:40am Friday to be delivered that day. Then end of day today. Now pending. I'm pretty sure it ain't coming lmao.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright. I'm back in the fuckin' game, lads, lasses and gender nonconforming la's. What are we looking for in terms of stock going up/walk ins?

Nov 9, 2017
I hope for the small number of people who were able to get a PS5 ordered via walmart, the other day. Please post here if/when your order ships. I know walmart gave most of us a date of over a week later. I want to see if walmart will deliver early, and just gave us later dates, to cover themselves.

Me too, I am in the exact same boat. Have an expected delivery date of 11/26 myself

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I mean check out the balls on these dudes

Em0rJ_1XcAADhaH
Em0rKQoXEAAPi0Y

Looks like he got scared and deleted his account, probably had people looking for him or found him from the few comments I looked over. People don't deserve to get hurt or even stole from but wouldn't mind seeing sony do something to these guys to band them from future purchases or something