• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So if you're on your phone you should just give up since you'll be shoved into an endless queue while those on computer can skip it. Very cool.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I honestly was just lucky. I had to frantically put in my credit card info and everything.

Still, at least I had a chance this time. Walmart wouldn't even let me in the door.
That fucking Deer/Dog hybrid will forever haunt my dreams
But at last my watch has ended. Credit card was charged, email was received. Now, I remain vigilant for my brother/friends but the pressure is off

Also, definitely use the Esc trick. The queue is there to keep the rabble out while the select few get to actually buy a PS5, as evidenced by my current window that is still in the FUCKING QUEUE despite my chrome window having actually succeeded in securing one. Sounds like mobile users are hella fucked.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I tried the escape trick, but it doesn't seem to work for me. So I think I'm just gonna wait until next year.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have people had luck getting them at Targets in person today? Was not going last night a mistake on my end? lol
Target was definitely selling them. I suspect that you probably would have had to show up before sunrise to get one though. I went by a few stores and usually the number of people in line was equal to the number of units that Popfindr said they had -- I imagine they were just telling people not to form lines longer than their in-stock supply.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i been queue skipping back and forth between standard and digi pages. Suddenly the Add to cart finally showed up on standard. I got it to cart. Then it tried to put me in the queue. I got past that. Unfortunately i had to put my address in (even tho it was saved on my account).
i click to next page...and it hangs and loads for awhile. I choose express shipping. And again it just kinda hangs and slows down and loads for awhile.
then i get booted and it tells me the item in my cart was gone. .This was about 1 minute. Mind u i got in before anyone even said anything on here. So i got in quick.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
That fucking Deer/Dog hybrid will forever haunt my dreams
But at last my watch has ended. Credit card was charged, email was received. Now, I remain vigilant for my brother/friends but the pressure is off

Wife just ran over and kissed me. It was the one thing she wanted since she's been working overtime for weeks now. I was so happy to say I won the lottery.

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
After all this time the fact that the digital hasn't been in stock is a bummer. All that F5ing for nothin! Maybe it will show up later today.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
How you skip the queue? I was on the site all day till just now. Smh.
Check your history for the tab for the console. Did that a couple of times when I lost all my tabs due to que's. Then when it's loading up from history do the que skip trick. Make copies of the page by clicking on PS5 and then opening a new tab for the console version you want or just during the tab. When you have a good tab make sure to bookmark it in case you lose it again and your history fails you

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
And here I am just trying to score a PS5 as a Christmas gift for my son. I feel like the dad yelling at Bob and Doug while my kids are crying...

"JUST WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL 'EM?!?"

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I can definitely tell why people buy from scalpers. At this point I would be quite tempted to pay someone a bit extra to not waste time trying to "win" these races.

That said I will be in for whenever the next "this site may have it" comes up.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much longer I can keep doing it, it's just so depressing. I really wanted to get me one for my birthday tomorrow, but I dont think it's going to happen. I've had multiple consoles in my cart on various websites the past few days and can never finish the purchase. Maybe I just should wait until after Christmas when they are hopefully a bit easier to find. I'm just so sick of dealing with these terrible websites.

ZeroRay

Oct 27, 2017
The Targets down here essentially did a launch day this morning with people lining up and tickets lol

Oct 31, 2017
No store is selling PS5 in store. It's online only.
Some others seem to be saying that people have had luck, especially tracking via that inventory tracker, which I am...
Target was definitely selling them. I suspect that you probably would have had to show up before sunrise to get one though. I went by a few stores and usually the number of people in line was equal to the number of units that Popfindr said they had -- I imagine they were just telling people not to form lines longer than their in-stock supply.

Yep, if you really wanted one that was the way to get one for sure in most cases.
Interesting stuff, because the one store that I was going to drive to this morning still has numbers in their stock. But at this point and the time it is, it might be too late to try and drive an hour...

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
So Sony just pretty much lied to everyone and made it seem like they'd be online only, that's nice.
Some others seem to be saying that people have had luck, especially tracking via that inventory tracker, which I am...

Interesting stuff, because the one store that I was going to drive to this morning still has numbers in their stock. But at this point and the time it is, it might be too late to try and drive an hour...
I went at 6am and saw 7 in line for a 3 unit store. I just drove home and went to sleep

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about Sony Direct, then yes keep it. I remember having it in my cart and I was able to purchase it about 2 minutes before it went live for people who didn't have it in cart yet.
Just checked and it's still showing a red alert saying mine's in my cart, so 100% if anyone haves it in their cart tehy should keep it in there.

In theory it should give us a edge next time.