• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
For a moment, the PS5 had an add button on direct, but it just said "out of stock" when you hit it.

Dashed my hopes really quick.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
May have already tried this but did you check to see if there is a label created in FedEx?

Yeah, been updating it constantly. Nothing yet. Even changed my name in Delivery manager to match that of the order on Playstation Direct, in case that was a reason there were no updates yet. Still nothing.

Just frustrating sitting here with no info that will allow me to plan and prepare.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Can you imagine if this is* manufactured scarcity and after black friday these things are on shelves in the dozens? Completely baseless, not even speculating, but I wonder what the reaction would be to that. Would people actually care?

Nov 14, 2017
Can you imagine if this is* manufactured scarcity and after black friday these things are on shelves in the dozens? Completely baseless, not even speculating, but I wonder what the reaction would be to that. Would people actually care?
There might be a thread on here about it but I really don't think people would care. They would just be happy they got the console.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I got one yesterday and my Fedex app shows it coming tomorrow from GA to AL.
Not a big deal but it would be nice if people posted if they got the regular or digital edition when talking about tracking times. I believe there may be a difference between how quickly the two are shipped, especially since there's way less of the digital edition available.

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Not a big deal but it would be nice if people posted if they got the regular or digital edition when talking about tracking times. I believe there may be a difference between how quickly the two are shipped, especially since there's way less of the digital edition available.

Disc version on mine. Not sure if that's relevant to the timing or not. But no notification of a label or shipping yet.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So Target obviously held launch units that you could not order for pickup delivery just to have people walk in for them today. Dumb.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I think it was likely one shot online and whatever didn't go through was sold in store. What is the point of holding 3 or 1 for your store?
Online went in three waves that night though, I got to watch the inventory go down by 3-4 each time. Just seems to insanely convoluted of a rollout, especially combined with their complete lack of communication or transparency about what to do if you wanted to get one. "go in store/DO NOT go in store" "oh okay"

I'm tired of being salty, fingers crossed for the PlayStation direct today...

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
If you didnt line up very early this morning, chances are, what ever stock they had is gone.

Trucks are coming over the weekend though that might have stock (atleast, thats what my local target told me) YMMV
I bet the die hards lined up at like 3am and waited in line until stores opened. Like people said, dont waste your gas. Likely all store units gone by now unless you live in a small town i guess.

Figured that would be the case. Thanks for the info, will definitely let him know

wyndhamprice

Oct 27, 2017
My Direct order still says "preparing to ship" but I just signed up for the FedEx delivery tracking and got a notification that I'm getting a package tomorrow with signature required, so I'm guessing that's my PS5 since I'm not expecting anything else from FedEx right now.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Online went in three waves that night though, I got to watch the inventory go down by 3-4 each time. Just seems to insanely convoluted of a rollout, especially combined with their complete lack of communication or transparency about what to do if you wanted to get one. "go in store/DO NOT go in store" "oh okay"

You don't need luck, just be vigilant

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019

Yeah, just a guess but having 1 for your store to sell would seem pointless if they did it.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What time are we expecting PS Direct to restock today or have they already and I missed it?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you are already on the page you won't get thrown in queue, just make sure you don't time out. If you do end up in the queue refresh the page but stop the loading before the queue can pop up. Takes a couple tries to time it right. You may have to do the same for check-out once it is in your cart (it tried to put me back in the queue when I tried to go to my cart).

zerohaste

Oct 27, 2017
Nevermind, turns out I hadn't used Fedex delivery manager in forever and still had an old address in there. Says it won't be here until Monday, though, despite only shipping from Mississippi. I only live in Omaha, so the distance is short for taking so long. Really disappointing. :(

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
My PS Direct Pulse shipped but still waiting on the console. Not in a rush since it's for my friend anyway. I'm already enjoying the PS5 :)

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going to need everyone to go ahead and check back tomorrow, 11/14, for additional stock. I need maximum odds here, thanks.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
If you are already on the page you won't get thrown in queue, just make sure you don't time out. If you do end up in the queue refresh the page but stop the loading before the queue can pop up. Takes a couple tries to time it right. You may have to do the same for check-out once it is in your cart (it tried to put me back in the queue when I tried to go to my cart).

so will the out of stock button just change to add to cart without refreshing?