• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 56457

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Well I've been camping the PS direct site since this morning and no luck. Just gonna run my errands now and if I miss the drop it is what it is.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
That's crazy. I've seen some people here say they will get theirs tomorrow and you on Sunday. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll deliver on the weekend but the thing does say weekday delivery. Which, the whole standard vs expedited shipping doesn't make much sense.
Yeah it's super weird, that's why I'm not sure I believe it. Standard shipping says 3 to 4 business days, which would put me solid into next week if they shipped right away (also unexpected). In my best scenario in my head I would get into a later shipping phase and have it in a week or 2 but Sunday seems crazy. Guess it's just wait and see now.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Damn my credit card still says pending, even though I made the purchase yesterday. I got purchase confirmation from sony, but no other updates.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to snag an Xbox Series X from Microsoft store as a few other on tuesday morning, but like others it's still "pending" and had the ship date of 12/23. According to Brickseek, there's quite a few at Walmarts by me, but I'm getting conflicting information even on Walmart.com itself. So, can you buy one of these physically at Walmart or no? Does it HAVE to be online? Because Walmart.com either shows it as unavailable or it straight up says you have to purchase it in store.

Colasante

Nov 5, 2017
For what it's worth, the Target near me had 2 PS5s listed as in stock on Popfinder ever since the Target online orders sold out. I wasn't sure whether it was accurate but wanted to check it out in person just in case. Went there when they opened at 8am this morning, there was a long line outside waiting, and when we were finally let in we were told that there were in fact 2 PS5s in store, but that people had come at 4am, when the employees first arrived at the store, and were able to claim them. Then the employee said that they might get more in tomorrow, but that they have no idea what's coming on the truck, so the best bet would be to arrive at 4am and hope you get lucky.

Nov 14, 2017
Good luck to everyone on PS Direct today! Got mine yesterday right before Wario64's tweet went out and it was a very smooth process.

Definitely smart to put your payment method in up front if you can though. I was scrambling to put mine it and was afraid it would lose me my PS5.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
My Fedex tracking is stating that my order from 3 PM EST yesterday is coming in on Monday. I'm in IL. It's coming from Tennesee for me.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
PS direct wont even let me pay for anything. Keep saying invalid card not matter which one I use.

oh, deer

Phaenos

Oct 27, 2017
Just thought I would chime in with my experience as well. I ordered mine from the PS Direct store yesterday when they went live. Mine is also coming from MS to me in Seattle. It's scheduled to be delivered today by the end of the day. I did the free expedited shipping. Super impressed with the turnaround on this.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Haven't had any issues with PS Direct aside from an occasional "your session has ended" modal but I am still logged in. Hoping for 3pm.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
FedEx says the label has been made for my order from yesterday and says for now it will come on Sunday (which could change once FedEx gets a hold of the package) and that it will be coming from NJ.

MichaelEM3

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else with a 3PM EST order from Sony Direct yesterday still waiting on a Fedex tracking code at all? Haven't received an email with one. Still says "Preparing to Ship" on Sony's site. Managed to get the digital edition, not sure if that's why -- or if I'm missing where they sent the tracking info.

Nov 14, 2017
Just thought I would chime in with my experience as well. I ordered mine from the PS Direct store yesterday when they went live. Mine is also coming from MS to me in Seattle. It's scheduled to be delivered today by the end of the day. I did the free expedited shipping. Super impressed with the turnaround on this.
Wait really? Mississippi to Seattle in one day? Dang the power of PlayStation

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else with a 3PM EST order from Sony Direct yesterday still waiting on a Fedex tracking code at all? Haven't received an email with one. Still says "Preparing to Ship" on Sony's site. Managed to get the digital edition, not sure if that's why -- or if I'm missing where they sent the tracking info.

Make an account with FedEx and it uses your address to notify you of any incoming shipments. You can see details on their site/app.

Nov 14, 2017
I haven't been sent one either but you can see your tracking number if you have one by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager.

Kaergun

Nov 22, 2017
Just a heads up you can always looks here https://www.ups.com/maps?loc=en_US and plug in a zip code and see the transit times for standard shipping. FedEx is ~ 95% of the time the same. It also helps when deciding to ship express or not. I used to work for UPS and a lot of the time people would unnecessarily pay for express when standard ground would take 1 day. For example my PS5 from direct is coming from NJ (08810) and I live in MA:

Tlkz7gL.png

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
So walmart momentarily had xbox stock and i got to checkout but it didn't happen, god i fucking hate this shit with a passion

Hypnotoad18

Oct 27, 2017

i ordered at the same time and mine is the same as yours. Preparing to ship.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my FedEx update (3PM), delivery date pending but it's coming from NJ to NY so I should be in the 1 day time-frame. Signature needed so I'll probably have to have them hold it for pick-up.

MichaelEM3

Oct 28, 2017
Make an account with FedEx and it uses your address to notify you of any incoming shipments. You can see details on their site/app.
I haven't been sent one either but you can see your tracking number if you have one by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager.
Thank you both.

Made an account and found my tracking info. Looks like I lucked out. Expected delivery is by EOD tomorrow!

Draconis

Oct 28, 2017
Gahhhh, everyone is getting FedEx updates except me lol.

For those who have gotten updates, are any of you seeing a status change on your order page or a tracking number?

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Walmart is having some blips of Xbox stock, was able to cart it. If you're looking for one I'd keep refreshing just in case.

Phaenos

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my FedEx update (3PM), delivery date pending but it's coming from NJ to NY so I should be in the 1 day time-frame. Signature needed so I'll probably have to have them hold it for pick-up.
You can sign electronically with Fedex Delivery Manager to give them permission to leave it at your home when no one is there, if you live in a place where that is appropriate.

Oct 25, 2017
Incase you missed it:
imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Try to set this up, could be the difference in getting a PS5 or not.
How do you access that first screenshot? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Also Is there no way to save payment/shipping info without actually buying some thing? I tried twice to fake buy a pro and input everything and hit save, and it didn't appear in my saved payments or address. :(

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Whoop, just updated to delivery end of day tomorrow!

You can sign electronically with Fedex Delivery Manager to give them permission to leave it at your home when no one is there, if you live in a place where that is appropriate.

Actually it'll be the weekend so the mail room will be locked, they have access code so maybe I'll do that. Thanks.

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017

I'm in the same boat. It did say that orders placed after 3pm would ship the next day. So it will hopefully be shipped at some point today, and arrive in the next few days.

Does anyone know if PS Direct will use expedited shipping regardless of the option that was chosen? Since they were both free? I didn't risk clicking it when I was trying to checkout as fast as possible