• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Well i guess i used all my luck on the first pre-order wave back in September because got jack shit.
Amazon fucked up at check out just like Walmart did by the time it fixed it was OOS

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Review your Order > Place Order > Review your Order > Place Order
h-wl58.gif

Barrett2

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It's so stressful with the unknown aspect of production volume due to covid. Unlike previous console launches, feels like if u don't get one this week, there's a decent chance it might be a LONG time before you can get it. Could be Wii launch all over again.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Tried it each time today and no luck. I'd get it in the cart and it wouldn't let me checkout sending me multiple errors saying something to the effect of everyone is trying to save right now. Each time I could get it in the cart within seconds of it going up but could never once auto-checkout.

Guess I will have to decide what stock looks like moving forward if I'm willing to pay a higher price off someone. I don't think I will. I can afford it but I'm really frugal and can't stand the idea of paying more.
Do not buy off a scalper. More stock will become available. Sony tomorrow will give you a good shot as long you are on the ball

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Had the fucking payment confirmed screen on walmart and it errored out.

The worst shopping experience trying to buy this thing I've ever had

DesmondGreer

Oct 27, 2017
Just the fact that there was no, absolutely no reasonable way to go about letting people order a console... other then forcing everyone to run to a website at the same time and hope to just add one to cart without it crashing is so bonkers to me. No bot protection, no digital waiting line of sorts, no ticketing system, nothing. Just a prayer that you might get one. I'm sorry, but Sony is complicit by association in this mess. They have the power to control the PR of there own console release and how retailers can sell them. They stood back and just watched the madness occur, without any care for the "gamers" that they claim to care for so much and the loyal fans. It's just shameful and sad that kids this Christmas wont be able to open a console or play with friends for months on end because of the gamer-sploitation that has occured in a sense. I will wait to see a game journalist quote me on this in some upcoming article detailing the PS5 launch debacle lol. Until then, much love to you all and hopefully everyone still has a console to play on currently to wipe our brains & memories of this experience. Good day to you all, and to all no PS5's tonight.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so stressful with the unknown aspect of production volume due to covid. Unlike previous console launches, feels like if u don't get one this week, there's a decent chance it might be a LONG time before you can get it. Could be Wii launch all over again.
Yep. Pretty much the main reason i want to get one now.

If i knew i could comfortablly purchase one in a few months i wouldn't sweat it but if supply and demand doesn't level out til like august or some shit i rather have it now.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just the fact that there was no, absolutely no reasonable way to go about letting people order a console... other then forcing everyone to run to a website at the same time and hope to just add one to cart without it crashing is so bonkers to me. No bot protection, no digital waiting line of sorts, no ticketing system, nothing. Just a prayer that you might get one. I'm sorry, but Sony is complicit by association in this mess. They have the power to control the PR of there own console release and how retailers can sell them. They stood back and just watched the madness occur, without any care for the "gamers" that they claim to care for so much and the loyal fans. It's just shameful and sad that kids this Christmas wont be able to open a console or play with friends for months on end because of the gamer-sploitation that has occured in a sense. I will wait to see a game journalist quote me on this in some upcoming article detailing the PS5 launch debacle lol. Until then, much love to you all and hopefully everyone still has a console to play on currently to wipe our brains & memories of this experience. Good day to you all, and to all no PS5's tonight.
And some of us had them already in our carts too from attempts prior. One click. Check out. Can't even do that.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I hope if its going to be like this Sony just sells this fucking shit direct or requires an account.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp think I carted on every major retailer (Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart) and ran into issues at checkout for all of them. On the one hand it's nice not to have FOMO of missing a drop but damn these were nearly impossible to come by and the bot protection was completely inadequate.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Even Sony Direct honestly was a crapshoot for most here since a majority got blocked by the queue. I was lucky I was able to bypass the queue and had enough time to put in a shipping address, billing address and my credit card information.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
It asked me to place order, then if I'm a robot, then if I'm a robot again, then it asked me to place my card number again. Repeat this 4 times just for them to tell me out of stock. I was so damn close...

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It asked me to place order, then if I'm a robot, then if I'm a robot again, then it asked me to place my card number again. Repeat this 4 times just for them to tell me out of stock. I was so damn close...
Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address?

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Got through to confirming my shipping address, and then......

OH DEER!

I'm going to take your deer and deflate a Walmart's truck tires with it. :|

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
And then you pop into the other thread for updates and people are like "man I'm so glad ___ came through on one of my three orders!" like fuck this man this is so stupid

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address? Can you confirm your address?
Ohh I got that one during the 2nd wave. 3rd I got to at least LOOK at the credit card screen. Each getting further just to get told "Nah this ain't for you."

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
If you stay on top of it, shouldn't be too bad to get one from PlayStation direct tomorrow. From my experience today:

1) make sure you have a psn login
2) buy something like a game or ps plus card, this will save your payment information
3) camp at the website, refreshing occasionally (or get an auto refresh extension), this will let you avoid the queue
4) keep tabs on the threads here and have notifications from wario64

for me today, about 30min before it went live, the product page changed slightly with a reminder to be logged in and the "check back 11/12 for more availability" moved down the page (might of even disappeared, can't remember for sure)

once it went live the website was super fast to checkout and order. Hope this helps, worked for me and I thought all hope was lost. systems became available about 11:30 pst for what its worth

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
If you stay on top of it, shouldn't be too bad to get one from PlayStation direct tomorrow. From my experience today:

1) make sure you have a psn login
2) buy something like a game or ps plus card, this will save your payment information
3) camp at the website, refreshing occasionally (or get an auto refresh extension), this will let you avoid the queue
4) keep tabs on the threads here and have notifications from wario64

for me today, about 30min before it went live, the product page changed slightly with a reminder to be logged in and the "check back 11/12 for more availability" moved down the page (might of even disappeared, can't remember for sure)

once it went live the website was super fast to checkout and order. Hope this helps, worked for me and I thought all hope was lost. systems became available about 11:30 pst for what its worth
Following this advice, I just wish I could get my notifications to work for wario. If I get an order in I'm coming back and kissing you.