• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Says more than an hour wait but I'm in queue.

Is there even a point in sitting in it?

I couldn't even access my cart this time around at Walmart

Edit: I finally got the sold out message.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I got my email from Direct! It looks like I got my Unicorn after all.

Fuck Walmart
Fuck Target
Fuck Best Buy

Phaenos

Oct 27, 2017
Hrm, getting a little worried. I have an order number but no confirmation email yet

Edit: Nevermind, just got it!

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
Just got it from sony direct super easy lol fuck target stayed up til 3 am last night with so many close calls now I can delete their stupid app

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
For this last walmart round, I managed to get the PS5 in my cart before it sold out. Do I just click "Check-Out" at 6PM then?

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
If Walmart.com wouldn't allow guest shopping and force people to sign up for an actual online account where their email has to be verified, I imagine that might help the massive botting problem.

"Guest" shopping was a mistake for any online retailer, make people sign up to shop like PS Direct.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I was in such a hurry that I chose standard shipping and it's too late to change it. If they are both free, I don't get why they even offer the standard option, but whatever.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
reload add to cart error >>>>>>> finally added to cart again, git to check > got to address > error :(
trying to log in to sony now with an hour queue

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
So my purchase didn't go through on direct which seemed odd because everything was correct and I was right on top of it... Just got an alert from my credit card thinking it was fraud so the purchase was prevented.

Might be the same for others if you hit that step and couldn't get through.

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
I am heartbroken. I had one in my cart on Direct, went through checkout, and then it said there was a problem with my card information. The same card (saved info and everything) from the remote that I just purchased earlier today. I tried 4-5 times to re-enter card info but it wasn't having any of it, and it just now let me know that the item in my cart was OOS. Just checked my card and it charged then refunded me 3 times, probably due to my panic and re-entering the info. That still doesn't explain why it gave me that error the first time on my first order placement. I think I'm fucked nonetheless because there are as many refunds as there are charges, meaning they didn't actually take any payment from me.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got one on PS Direct. Just received confirmation email.
I was manually refreshing the page every 5 minutes since 8am this morning.
At 11:58 I went to go get a glass of water. Sat down. Hit refresh and the Add to kart button was staring me in the face while I was diddling around on the other monitor for another minute before I noticed it. Didn't have a queue and didn't need to resort to any tricks.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
I am heartbroken. I had one in my cart on Direct, went through checkout, and then it said there was a problem with my card information. The same card (saved info and everything) from the remote that I just purchased earlier today. I tried 4-5 times to re-enter card info but it wasn't having any of it, and it just now let me know that the item in my cart was OOS. Just checked my card and it charged then refunded me 3 times, probably due to my panic and re-entering the info. That still doesn't explain why it gave me that error the first time on my first order placement. I think I'm fucked nonetheless because there are as many refunds as there are charges, meaning they didn't actually take any payment from me.
Exact same thing happened to me.

Sep 2, 2020
Same exact thing happened to me. Really bizarre. I only clicked "Place Order" once and my cc still was charged, but then showed it as removed. Same thing with a different card. Truly bizarre.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
BTW I got to the point where Walmart said they would ship and the date was Dec 2. So anything going forward through them is going to be weeks

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Garbage direct site wouldn't load the field to enter payment information. Got I hate every single one of these sites, all of them broken messes.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Got one on PS Direct. Just received confirmation email.
I was manually refreshing the page every 5 minutes since 8am this morning.
At 11:58 I went to go get a glass of water. Sat down. Hit refresh and the Add to kart button was staring me in the face while I was diddling around on the other monitor for another minute before I noticed it. Didn't have a queue and didn't need to resort to any tricks.

This is what happened to me. I think us auto-refreshing allowed us to bypass the queue.