• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saved my CC on Walmart, but somehow fatfingered the wrong expiration year, got to checkout, hit place order and then

"payment authorization has failed"

I FIXED it, tried again, and then "item no longer available"

fuck my life. But I was quick enough to at least get a first shot at one, so here's to 3pm

MirageDwarf

Oct 28, 2017
WTF is this nonsense of all big shopping sites?

If you have one in cart, at least fucking hold it for 15 mins. People aren't getting even time to enter address/credit card. Once it is in cart, give that person priority.

It isn't like you have unsole inventory on your hands if someone doesn't buy at super warp speed.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Honestly why not just queue up everybody's orders. I don't get why they do this popping in and out of stock madness.

iPhone demand is way higher and it's smooth as hell. If you're early to order it ships early. If you're late it ships later. That simple.

This, so much this. Apple has me spoiled. Worst that happens if I'm not quick enough is I get a later delivery date.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I am currently at the place order screen at Walmart. I know it will fail but could it work at 3 if I just leave it?

Damn this console.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
lol I fucking hate this.

This is the first time in my life when I could actually afford to buy a console on day one without waiting to save my money or trade in my old console. I was psyched to finally be a big boy. Apparently, everyone else in the world is at this stage in their life now? I guess that's good?

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to PopFindr last night both targets in my area had 10 in stock / 9 in stock.
This morning one store has 14 and the other has 0.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
How do all these retailers have websites that function like dog shit? Why not "reserve" an item once a user adds it to their cart, and hold it there for 10 minutes, or until the transaction is complete / cancelled? It's gonna fucking sell anyway.

I can't believe how inept these billion dollar corporations are with their retail operations.

There's still the inherent delays of sending information back and forth between the requestor and the retailer's systems, trying to update inventory real-time, etc.

It can be improved for sure but the retailers aren't that compelled because how often do they have items in this high demand? They know they're getting rid of the stock regardless; the fact that some customers will have an annoying experience when they're able to add something to cart but fail to check out is not keeping them up at night.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Walmart, PS5 in cart.
Checkout -> Crash
F5 -> checkout -> crash
F5 -> checkout -> crash
F5 -> checkout -> crash
F5 -> checkout -> crash
F5 -> error
Site crash
F5 -> che- SOLD OUT

yay.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Went in to target they said it's online only but I don't believe them, gonna try another. Probably a fools errand but hey I'm a fool

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation direct store seems to imply they'll have more to sell today, do we know any more about that?

Also popfindr shows a few in stock (3) at the local target but the official website shows none, how does popfindr get their info?? I'm assuming it's wrong.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
No multiple people have said over and over that these websites just suck. We should be able to just "get in line" I don't care if it ships in Feburary or whatever, just let me confirm a sale and be done with it.

I agree. The websites do suck. There should be a queue. Once an item is in your cart it should remain there until the finish, not boot people out.

I'm with ya on that.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
I have been in on PS Direct all morning, and for the first time about 20 seconds ago the page tried to boot me for inactivity!

Could mean something is about to happen!

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I managed to hit add to cart at Walmart ....the cart icon started to spin and browser froze up. Ah well.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Tried to secure one for a friend this morning @ Best Buy. Got the console in my shopping cart, but was never able to process it. This is such BS. Honestly I already have mine so I'm fine, but it still sucks for people who aren't able to log in at exactly 11AM and be first in virtual line.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
lol I fucking hate this.

This is the first time in my life when I could actually afford to buy a console on day one without waiting to save my money or trade in my old console. I was psyched to finally be a big boy. Apparently, everyone else in the world is at this stage in their life now? I guess that's good?

now you get the biggest boy thing in life. crushing disappointment

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Tried to secure one for a friend this morning @ Best Buy. Got the console in my shopping cart, but was never able to process it. This is such BS. Honestly I already have mine so I'm fine, but it still sucks for people who aren't able to log in at exactly 11AM and be first in virtual line.
I got to the point of selecting a store to pick up from, but it wasn't giving me any options. I just gave up at that point. However, someone responded to my post about this and said they had the same issue but spammed the find store button until they all showed up. So if I had sat there spamming that find store button, I might be sitting here with a PS5 order right now haha. This sucks!

dtcm83

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so after trying and failing on multiple sites (target, gamestop, newegg, costco) from around 9pm PST last night until about 9am this morning, I FINALLY got a PS5 through the initial wave at Walmart online. Literally refreshed right as the clock rolled over to 9am, saw it available, went to check out...said it needed to verify my card so I did, then it said it needed me to re-enter my walmart password, so I did, then after a good 30-second wait, my order went through! My coworkers tried about 1 minute after me and said walmart site was down. So, hope this gives everyone at least one successful user experience to go off of if you haven't got yours yet and are thinking about hitting up Walmart for the 12pm, 3pm,and 6pm PST drops. Got to get in there FAST.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Targets around me are down to 1-3 per store. Friday will be really tough and I'm not even sure I can use Google Pay to pay in-store with PayPal.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You know the thirst is real when people rage about not getting through a Walmart order that won't be here for two weeks anyways.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, so after trying and failing on multiple sites (target, gamestop, newegg, costco) from around 9pm PST last night until about 9am this morning, I FINALLY got a PS5 through the initial wave at Walmart online. Literally refreshed right as the clock rolled over to 9am, saw it available, went to check out...said it needed to verify my card so I did, then it said it needed me to re-enter my walmart password, so I did, then after a good 30-second wait, my order went through! My coworkers tried about 1 minute after me and said walmart site was down. So, hope this gives everyone at least one successful user experience to go off of if you haven't got yours yet and are thinking about hitting up Walmart for the 12pm, 3pm,and 6pm PST drops. Got to get in there FAST.
For me the site started crashing about 10 seconds before 12 EST. By the time I could get it to load it was already 20 seconds past, got it in my cart but errored out and went out of stock

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand why people can't go to their local Target and ask how they can make an online order for the stock that still remains via Popfindr.