• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
What a roller coaster of emotions tonight. I think I finally figured it out and got my order to go through.I changed from my debit card to my credit card. Now here's to just hoping my bank does not block it as fraud

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
For those that used the target debit card, I wouldn't worry about not seeing the charge. Essentially using that red card is like writing a check. So depending on the bank, you may not see it taken out your checking account for 2-3 days.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
omfg i tried to order for shipping and it acted as if i didnt have any credit cards on file! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

0/3

I fucking hate you Target!

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Same, but when I tried to pay it said payment not complete and told me there wasn't any in stock..
I kept getting the error as well and I just kept mashing the place order button and by the 7th or 8th attempt it went through
unknown.png

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
just watched a third wave go by - all stores in the area briefly had stock and then didn't. popfindr shows only one less PS5 per location than before

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Check your bank - I had suspicious activity on mine. After I confirmed the charge my order showed up in my history and the money was drawn about 10-15 minutes later.
Well, this was exactly it, so thank you!

But I also nearly had a heart attack. The fraud alert message from my bank said the charge was declined and that I would need to have the vendor re-process the charge. I ended up having to go back into my order and change/update the method of payment. Looks like it was successful though and my card got charged now!

I still can't believe I'm getting a PS5 on launch day and I won't have to mess around with the Wal-Mart online releases every 3 hours tomorrow. I can finally sleep easy...and actually get some work done at my job tomorrow.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
I had one in my cart at target, but then realized I wasn't logged in. It asks me to log in and then after I do, it says my cart is empty.

I am so mad right now.

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
for stores in my area, the first wave was about 3 PS5s per store, the second was bigger (10 units in some cases) and the most recent one was tiny

i'm soooooo exhausted by this whole thing. take my goddman money you miserable corporations what the fuck

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Auto-refresh extension came in the clutch, I saw that 3rd wave ASAP.

Bout to have a long ass morning full of driving, but fuck it

W

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Well, this was exactly it, so thank you!

But I also nearly had a heart attack. The fraud alert message from my bank said the charge was declined and that I would need to have the vendor re-process the charge. I ended up having to go back into my order and change/update the method of payment. Looks like it was successful though and my card got charged now!

I still can't believe I'm getting a PS5 on launch day and I won't have to mess around with the Wal-Mart online releases every 3 hours tomorrow. I can finally sleep easy...and actually get some work done at my job tomorrow.

Glad to hear I helped - have fun with your PS5!

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
My target still has yet to show any in stock all night and I've been on time each time. Maybe they didn't get any stock haha

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
glanced at craiglist for the hell of it. saw one for 600 which i was willing to take the hit for. Digital edition. FFS.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Just saw one of the stores near me go from 1 in stock to 2 in stock on popfindr, guess someone's order got cancelled. It looks like they're doing a drop every hour so I'm gonna be staying up for a while, at least until everything nearby is out of stock on popfindr.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Just saw one of the stores near me go from 1 in stock to 2 in stock on popfindr, guess someone's order got cancelled. It looks like they're doing a drop every hour so I'm gonna be staying up for a while, at least until everything nearby is out of stock on popfindr.
My store says 33 😂 so I've just constantly been reloading, I'm going crazy.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is too for EU foks?

Release is one week from now but something similar should happen here (launch day limited stcoks available, etc...)

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling Target is going to put up all the rest of their stock when the stores start opening.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
So how reliable is popfindr? My local gamespot shows that they have 2 series x's in stock and I'm considering driving up there to see.

My worry is that if they do end up having it it's not some stupid bundle or some shit.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is losing the most money on that one, so it makes sense they didn't manufacture hardly any. They did the same thing with the 20GB PS3 at launch, making people buy the $600 60GB model.
The reason is more likely that they don't expect the market for digital console at launch to be more than 25%. Digital may have grown a ton the past couple years but digital only consoles are still a tricky sell to the mass market.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Fk it I'm going.

If the one that says it has 2 for stock don't have it ill go to another one close by that has 1 in stock, online has been ass so I'm gonna try a walk in.

Don't have high hopes but holiday season is getting close and I'm getting desperate

Natec

Oct 25, 2017
Five hours spent and all I have to show for it are a $525 charge from target without an actual order. *sigh*

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Another 10 minutes of refreshing and I'm done. Fuck this. If Target planned from the beginning to do Waves like Walmart, they should have told everyone what was up.
At least if Walmart handles tomorrow like they did the Series X prebook, all of the systems, per event time, will be gone in one 2 minute push out the door. I can either get one, or not and move on with my life.

Dec 12, 2017
Another 10 minutes of refreshing and I'm done. Fuck this. If Target planned from the beginning to do Waves like Walmart, they should have told everyone what was up.
At least if Walmart handles tomorrow like they did the Series X prebook, all of the systems, per event time, will be gone in one 2 minute push out the door. I can either get one, or not and move on with my life.
these people thirsty lol