• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I'll double check popfinder in the morning to see if it updates to zero for each, but I think it's worth a check. YMMV and all but maybe some of these employees from specific stores are privy to what's going on in each store/and or dont care about selling them earlier.

Yeah. Like they were supposed to sell all systems tonight? At midnight Eastern on the dot? These seem like flexible rules to me, and likely were put in place to prevent the lineups outside the store, not prevent sales of the systems.
Why would Target purposely not let people buy available stock? Makes no sense to "delay the purchase" just so they can have them on the shelves for a hot second.

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Hanging in there until 12 AM since I'm still in the PS Direct queue. Is there a waitlist for the PS Direct site? I would imagine right about now is when they would start lining people up if they are going to throw up more stock.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from Target saying my card couldn't be processed. I deleted the card from my account and added it back. Had them charge my card and now my bank reflects the charge. I also see the order in my purchase history.

NOW I can go to sleep lol.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible both your stores are handling things differently?

I don't think that the other poster ever implied that they worked there, and I promise you aside from some variability with systems being sold in store tomorrow b/c a store director doesn't care, there is no difference between any Target store. My own knowledge stops where it does because of this specifically; the stores received directive from corporate. The website specifically is wholly separate from anything anyone at a local store can decide.

Brad Pitt

Nov 17, 2017
So update
Still not showing that I purchased on app
But I got an email saying to update my payment method

makes no sense my bank didn't text or call me

says I have till saturday to update payment

you guys think I can just go to store and pay there
I'm assuming my bank flagged which is weird since I've never had that happen

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Why would Target purposely not let people buy available stock? Makes no sense to "delay the purchase" just so they can have them on the shelves for a hot second.

I don't think they will purposefully not let people buy available stock. They just REALLY don't want people lining up due to COVID. Spreading the word of "online only midnight sales" is a pretty good way to do that.

Citywok

Nov 10, 2017
Got an email from Target saying my card couldn't be processed. I deleted the card from my account and added it back. Had them charge my card and now my bank reflects the charge. I also see the order in my purchase history.

NOW I can go to sleep lol.
Same but I also have an order with Sony direct. Maybe I should update it and cancel the Sony direct order.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I will prob buy a garden hose, some Mountain Dew and some doritos while I'm there.
Store pickup gets people in the store as well. The ad and the directive is to have these only available for purchase online. If stores go against that...that's totally possible...but it's definitely not widespread. Not calling anyone a liar...but stores were not supposed to hide or save stock for walk in purchases (doesnt mean some maybe did). There was not widespread availability for walk-in purchases for the XSX.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't say you are lying. I said if stores are doing that...they are doing what they were told not to do.

This is conjecture, but as far as I know they were never told *not* to sell systems in store after launch day. It was specifically a launch day mandate.

This is a fully automated process. No one could hide or save inventory that was in the system already, the website would still see it and that quantity would be available online until it was depleted. No one at the individual store level is deciding to hold back what the website allows for purchase, and this wouldn't even be possible on a technical level.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
So update
Still not showing that I purchased on app
But I got an email saying to update my payment method

makes no sense my bank didn't text or call me

says I have till saturday to update payment

you guys think I can just go to store and pay there
I'm assuming my bank flagged which is weird since I've never had that happen
Delete the card from your account and add it back. Then click the link in your email to fix the payment. It'll work.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
This is fully conjecture, but as far as I know they were never told *not* to sell systems in store after launch day. It was specifically a launch day mandate.
They were told however not to hold or save stock though. Not going to argue. If people wanna chance going to stores and luck out with possible availability...go for it. And yes, I do work for Target. But no, I do not have any insider knowledge of what's going on with the systems right now or why the inventories are not matching. I just know that systems were supposed to be sold only online.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
According to popfindr in the last 15 minutes most of the stores around me went down by 1 stock, and few stores went UP in stock by 2. There's still over 300

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
WEll... seems my hope that maybe amazon woudl have some for sale at midnight was crushed but midnight hit and all the sudden they had ones for sale from other sellers... for 900 at the cheapest.

Oh well.. guess walmart it is.

Brad Pitt

Nov 17, 2017
Got the charge on my card and showing in target app

time for bed

thanks for the help folks

best of luck to everybody trying at Walmart tomorrow

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
So assuming there are no crazy lines outside of Target, and there is stock left and popfinder is correct ~ If a random customer walks up to the counter and asks for a PS5 that is just chilling on the floor or in the back, then they will tell that customer they can't sell it? I just seriously doubt that. What would be their excuse to not sell it if stock is available, I know that's a big IF but still.
"Sorry my guy! Go back and try to order it online again!"

I think there's also a chance Target is selling these online in waves like Walmart is doing but aren't announcing it.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
amazon has been the absolute worst retailer for trying to buy a ps5, how could they sell out their entire stock from a Wario64 link and have absolutely no communication and possibly no allotment for launch day... just a horrible look for them, i dont even know why they keep the page up

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
This is conjecture, but as far as I know they were never told *not* to sell systems in store after launch day. It was specifically a launch day mandate.

This is a fully automated process. No one could hide or save inventory that was in the system already, the website would still see it and that quantity would be available online until it was depleted. No one at the individual store level is deciding to hold back what the website allows for purchase, and this wouldn't even be possible on a technical level.
I know...it seemed like earlier you were saying stores were holding stock until Friday when they could sell on the floor. The systems should be depleting available systems. If there are some available in stores. It's due to a system problem.

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck me, still Save & Continue sit & spin. Got it in my cart, save and continue, fucking nothing.

WTF does this even mean??? This shit is why I hardly ever fuck with serious purchases through the internet:

"
Card already applied. Check out now to use this payment method.
"