• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jul 26, 2018
I'm really sorry for everyone who came up empty handed. That fucking target app shit the bed at checkout. Thank God Sony Direct came in clutch

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
You know... I don't even mind not getting it luanch day. I wish at least Amazon or some online place would queue up people and let them wait for one to be available. I think Apple has me spoiled cause they do it that way. When they run out of launch day it isn't try again later, it's buy one and we'll send you one in xx days. I would rather wait a month than have to keeep going through this shit trying to get one. I'd like to get one before the year ends but I don't want to ahve to be stressed about being able to instantly go buy one anytime availability happens.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Lol, I decide to wait in queue at Sony just to calm down and site goes down for maintenance. I guess not, just refresh. was funny though

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that poster was true.

about not putting all of targets stock up and being bastards saving them for walk in traffic

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I'm really sorry for everyone who came up empty handed. That fucking target app shit the bed at checkout. Thank God Sony Direct came in clutch

Tell me about it. I almost threw my phone against the wall because of the god awful Target app lol. For anyone who didn't get one but tried on Target's website and their app:

CHECK YOUR BANK/CC AND E-MAIL.

My order ended up going through despite everything shitting the bed.

I gotta say that guy who warned everyone about target was probably for real mine only sold 1 of 20

What happened?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
sitting in Sony Direct store... second time i've made it in and they've been oos

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how lucky I am that I managed to get my pre order in at PlayStation direct. Managed to make it first time in.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
*a man is out on the plains. He is hunting the rare PS5. He looks for the Target on it's back*
*he's been there for hours, ready 2 hours before stock was even rumored to start, just to make sure he would not miss his window*
*minutes upon minutes pass, stretching into hours. He furiously refreshes his phone and PC screen, working tirelessly to not miss the ever elusive Target*
*he will be here all night if he needs to be. He knows he only has one chance*
*other opportunities arrise. A bundle of Neweggs, but he those are gone before he can capture them, taken away by bots with reflexes faster than the human eye can see*
*a kindly stranger offers to the Direct. He says it's a land where no bots roam, and a man can check out his PS5 in peace. The man doesn't believe him*
*he doesn't waste his time. He only has eyes for the Target*
*but since it costs him nothing, he takes his place on the line to direct. It's over an hour wait. He knows he will not get there before the PS5's are gone. How could he?*
*he waits and waits for his Target. Suddenly, movement! But it's a false flag. It says out of stock, but that's just bait to get others to give up. Soon...soon, the PS5's will come*
*The man notices that the Direct line is coinciding with the release of the Targets. No matter. The PS5's will be gone. The Target is where the meat is.*
*Finally, Targets appear! There are dozens of them, food for all! He captures one easily, savoring his victory.*
*he proceeds to the check out screen. No, he doesn't want a plan. Yes, procede to check out. Yes, here is the security code. Yes, place order*
*Finally, he has...what, no, he put in the code right, did he not? Do it again.*
*still no. Again*
*horror creeps into his gut. Okay, try next card. Again, put in the securi-no, it's RIGHT.*
*It isn't fair. He is at the precipice. He can see the fruits of his labor. He has paid. How can they deny him now?*
*over and over he tries. He even manually re-enters the card again. But the Target fails to respect the righteousness of his hunt. There is no hope. There is no God.*
*eventually, the Target escapes, back into the ether of Out-of-Stock*
*The man slumps, defeated. He knows he will now have to wade the waters of Walmart, but he has no hope. If the gentle light of the moon produced this much havok, the competition will be even fiercer in the broad day of the sun. His only recourse now is to pay dues to the ravenous scalpers of the Ebay plains*
*the man has lost*
*he is about to leave for sleep when out of the corner of his eye*
*no, he thinks, it can't be. It was a lie, it had to have been a lie...but....*
*The Path to Direct has opened before him like the shining gates of paradise and...*

VBMiFNP.png

Last edited:

gr8kamon

Oct 30, 2017
I think I got one from Target, but I'm really nervous it didn't actually go through. It's in the orders and everything, but damn I'm worried. A good night's sleep will calm me down as I wait for the inevitable cancelled email lol. Cya later peeps.

Edit: Oh yeah, we'll all get one eventually. Love y'all ❤️

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
You know... I don't even mind not getting it luanch day. I wish at least Amazon or some online place would queue up people and let them wait for one to be available. I think Apple has me spoiled cause they do it that way. When they run out of launch day it isn't try again later, it's buy one and we'll send you one in xx days. I would rather wait a month than have to keeep going through this shit trying to get one. I'd like to get one before the year ends but I don't want to ahve to be stressed about being able to instantly go buy one anytime availability happens.
Yeah, this really should be the policy with every piece of big tech. Just let me back order this shit. I have no problem waiting if I'm guaranteed what I want.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
*a man is out on the plains. He is hunting the rare PS5. He looks for the Target on it's back*
*he's been there for hours, ready 2 hours before stock was even rumored to start, just to make sure he would not miss his window*
*minutes upon minutes pass, stretching into hours. He furiously refreshes his phone and PC screen, working tirelessly to not miss the ever elusive target*
*he will be here all night if he needs to be. He knows he only has one chance*
*other opportunities arrise. A bundle of Neweggs, but he those are gone before he can capture them, taken away by bots with reflexes faster than the human eye can see*
*a kindly stranger offers to the Direct. He says it's a land where no bots roam, and a man can check out his PS5 in peace. The man doesn't believe him*
*he doesn't waste his time. He only has eyes for the Target*
*but since it costs him nothing, he takes his place on the line to direct. It's over an hour wait. He knows he will not get there before the PS5's are gone. How could he?*
*he waits and waits for his target. Suddenly, movement! But it's a false flag. It says out of stock, but that's just bait to get others to give up. Soon...soon, the PS5's will come*
*The man notices that the Direct line is coinciding with the release of the Targets. No matter. The PS5's will be gone. The Target is where the meat is.*
*Finally, Targets appear! There are dozens of them, food for all! He captures one easily, savoring his victory.*
*he proceeds to the check out screen. No, he doesn't want a plan. Yes, procede to check out. Yes, here is the security code. Yes, place order*
*Finally, he has...what, no, he put in the code right, did he not? Do it again.*
*still no. Again*
*horror creeps into his gut. Okay, try next card. Again, put in the securi-no, it's RIGHT.*
*It isn't fair. I am at the precipice. I can see the fruits of my labor. I have paid. How can they deny him now?*
*over and over he tries. He even manually re-enters the card again. But the Target fails to respect the righteousness of his hunt. There is no hope. There is no God.*
*The man slumps, defeated. He knows he will now have to wade the waters of Walmart, but he has no hope. If the gentle light of the moon produced this much havok, the competition will be even fiercer in the broad day of the sun. His only recourse now is to pay dues to the ravenous scalpers of the Ebay plains*
*the man has lost*
*he is about to leave for sleep when out of the corner of his eye*
*no, he thinks, it can't be. It was a lie, it had to have been a lie...but....*
*The Path to Direct has opened before him like the shining gates of paradise and...*

VBMiFNP.png
congrats

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Tell me about it. I almost threw my phone against the wall because of the god awful Target app lol. For anyone who didn't get one but tried on Target's website and their app:

CHECK YOUR BANK/CC AND E-MAIL.

My order ended up going through despite everything shitting the bed.

What happened?
Long short of it is that the poster said Target will only sell 1-4 then hold the rest for the day after launch. It supposedly happened with the series x too

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that poster was true.

about not putting all of targets stock up and being bastards saving them for walk in traffic

Long short of it is that the poster said Target will only sell 1-4 then hold the rest for the day after launch. It supposedly happened with the series x too

Man, I'll upload pics of my schedule at this point. I've been a member since this site started and started posting on the old site back in 2011; I'm not here to randomly spread misinformation. I want a new system just as badly as everyone else and it's even worse knowing how the store I work at is handling this. I'm sitting on the floor swaddled in blankets with a 103 degree fever because of that job, and I couldn't even manage to land a PS5/X from them.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Did PlayStation direct go down? I'm getting a maintenance page

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
They really need to let you back order these things.

even if it took weeks to ship I'd do it just to, you know, have one in the wings.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I actually got a Target order in. I ran into the credit card security code problem and everything, but it somehow still went through.

Stay strong y'all, it's been a fun ride!

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. I tried. My bro will have to deal with the Walmart headache later in the day himself. Could have grabbed a disk version several times in the past couple hours but he wants the DE since he's gone fully digital.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
They absolutely will not have any available tomorrow. That stock is for Friday, when the "no launch day in-store sales" mandate is no longer applicable.
Thank you for letting us know this. It gives people more hope they can get some. I think if anything, the frustration comes from people who expected to be able to get it tonight. But in a way this is better. If they are saving those for in-store purchases, people don't have to worry about bots.

Oct 31, 2017
It just really sucks to know I was right there, had the thing in my Target cart and was logged in/ready to order from the Direct queue, only to have both chances blow up on me. Just extremely frustrating.