• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The video starts with a recap of ALL the weird character deaths in smash ultimate trailers

megaman on ridley's, luigi on simon's, dededee in kroll's ...

Then it show them all doing a line in a heaven like setting.

the door opes and a big light appears.

"i, who preceded you all is your creator" a voice dubbed by Christopher Judge says

it is shown to be a Hanafuda deck of cards speaking.

"Hanafuda leaves luck to heaven" splash card appears. It's final smash is the Mister Magician

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
A rapidly quickening series of cuts of all the smash Bros characters getting snatched until it cuts to a familiar pair of boots staring down Mario.
A gun shoots at him but he dodges. A portal opens up behind him. Out of it comes pouring out everyone's favorite metaverse characters. The camera spins around

Jonesy Fortnite at your service

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Just some quick sketch of Booster from smrpg, then Please be excited text on screen.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
Final battle between heroes and villains.

Starts with Mario vs Bowser, then continues to escalate. Donkey Kong vs K. Rool. Samus vs Ridley. Cloud vs Sephiroth.

But why are all these villains here? How did they even get into Smash?

And then the mastermind joins in. The leader of the villains lurking in the shadows, the conspirator who banded them all together now finally ready to join the brawl. Using his outstanding intellect and ingenious inventions, he struck deals with the other villains to join him in his conquest, opening a dimensional rift for them to invade Smash Bros.

All just to finally get.

That IRRITATING.

BLUE.

HEDGEHOG.

DR. EGGMAN UNLEASHES THE CHAOS

Eggman joins as the final villain to round out the dark side of Smash. Sonic bands together with the rest of the heroes. Freezeframe just before the fight starts, Light vs Dark culminating into one massive showdown. Gaming's best heroes AND villains duking it out together, a celebration of gaming history.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Final battle between heroes and villains.

Starts with Mario vs Bowser, then continues to escalate. Donkey Kong vs K. Rool. Samus vs Ridley. Cloud vs Sephiroth.

But why are all these villains here? How did they even get into Smash?

And then the mastermind joins in. The leader of the villains lurking in the shadows, the conspirator who banded them all together now finally ready to join the brawl. Using his outstanding intellect and ingenious inventions, he struck deals with the other villains to join him in his conquest, opening a dimensional rift for them to invade Smash Bros.

All just to finally get.

That IRRITATING.

BLUE.

HEDGEHOG.

DR. EGGMAN UNLEASHES THE CHAOS

Eggman joins as the final villain to round out the dark side of Smash. Sonic bands together with the rest of the heroes. Freezeframe just before the fight starts, Light vs Dark culminating into one massive showdown. Gaming's best heroes AND villains duking it out together, a celebration of gaming history.

Damnit I didn't know I wanted Eggman til I read this

Came in here to whip up some bullshit about a Hatsune Miku reveal but now I've only got room in my heart for Eggman

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019

hold on a minute....
maxresdefault.jpg

ZeroWil

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Without having read most of the replies:

-Shot of space and Samus' ship is under attack by space pirates or some unseen threat.
-Large hit makes Samus lose consciousness, reawaken as the ships about to crash land.
-Exit the ship and begin surveying the landscape, then as she looks up you see it reflected in her visor, Halo.
-Camera pulls out like the end of the Infinite reveal trailer showing a Spartan overlooking the crash sight. Single piano note is struck.
-Master Chief finishes the fight!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Open to Smash Ultimate splash screen before splitting open.

Mario, Link and Samus are fighting on Battlefield. They stop, the camera pans out and it lists their games above their heads. The logos change to the NES logo before we see an NES drop onto the stage and boot up. The three look at the console confused, and out pops Balloon Fighter to attack. Balloon Fighter splash screen, followed by some of his moves and references to his game. Then the down special is used and we see a digital effect before it goes back into CGI.

Now we have Diddy, Kirby and Captain Falcon looking at a SNES. Out pops Dixie Kong with a splash screen! We see her moves. The video speeds up with reveals as we see Banjo & Kazooie, Ganondorf, and Young Link looking at the N64. Out pops Joanna Dark! It happens again with the Gamecube and Chibi Robo. We then see a Game Boy and a Tetrimino joining, finally ending with the GBA and Sami from Advance Wars.

We see all 6 fighters on the same stage, with their systems sitting in the background. The consoles are line up: "Nintendo joins the battle!"

The character is a 6 in 1 slot called "Nintendo" that has consoles "displaying" the game characters. You switch games and systems with the down special.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I refuse to set myself up for disappointment by imagining anything I want.

It is Rillaboom until confirmed otherwise.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Samus exploring some dark, empty spaceship, carefully..
suddenly a fire ball comes at her direction, she barely evades
camera changes to the attacker: It's Mario!
He laughs... behind him a shadow starts to show up
Mario looks behind and screams!
It's a demon!!!
Heavy metal music starts to play... the demon gets shot... DOOM SLAYER RIP AND TEAR INTO SMASH!

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting from other, main thread:

Heck, I've got nothing better to do, so here's the trailer that would literally make me scream:

We see the game intro play, as normal. A bit into it, the screen slowly zooms out,we see a pair of 2D animated blue hands holding a switch controller. It's King Kai. He's on his planet with Goku training in the background. The sayian notices the game, and the two have a chat:

G: Hey there King Kai, what'cha doin'?
K: Oh, nothing unusual Goku, this is just a video game.
G: Video wha?
K: *sigh* It's something you do to pass the time. This particular one is a fighting game.
G: That sounds up my alley! Are the fighters strong?
K: Oh, the strongest. Well in Nintendo land, anyway. But it's fiction, Goku, and you can't- he's not there anymore, is he Bubbles?

Bubbles grunts. A montage starts of him collecting the Dragon Balls from across the world,, then the screen goes black.

We cut to CG Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby fighting in 64 Kongo Jungle (like the first CM for the game, bringing it full circle.) A overcast of dark clouds fills the air, then a beam of light transports a figure to the stage. He steps out.

G: Yo, it's me Goku. I'm pumped to have a chance to fight y'all.

GOKU
ARRIVES.

Gameplay montage starts of Goku fighting. Without his transformations, he's incredibly weak. Like a joke character. Cut to CG again.

G: What gives, King Kai? I'm getting pummled, and I can't transform!
K: You have to play by their rules, Goku. That means transformations only come from the likes of the Smash ball.

A Smash Ball floats by. He grabs it, then transforms. He now is a bit stronger and faster. Gameplay footage shows him fighting and not getting creamed, as well as the home stage, the Budokai Tenkaichi arena. More Smash Balls come and the transformations continue, showing that he eventually becomes too fast and strong to continue on and flies off the stage. As this happens, a bit of narraration occurs:

K: Be warned Goku, that some fights may not have Smash Balls. So you'll have to rely on cunning tactics to win those.

One last bit of gameplay starts up. It's of UI Goku firing off a big Kamehameha at the fighters previously talked about.

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS ULTIMATE X DRAGON BALL

one last 2d animated scene occurs. Vegeta shows up on King Kai's planet and the following conversation occurs.

V: WHERE IS KAKAROT?
K: He's in the game right now, sorry.
V: Hmpf, Running away to play with imaginary friends. Hope he stays there.
K: Actually, I think this is a once in a lifetine thing.
V: Really? Who said so?

Cuts to Sakurai IRL, with a poster hanging up.

S: I did.

It will never happen, so while i'm dreaming, i'll take my $1,000,000 and go.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The surprise is that it's 3 more characters to use up the slots.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Mario and Bowser battling
Shadow falls over Mario
*A new challenger*
The light falls on the new challenger revealing… Mario?
The doppelgänger Mario shapeshifts, Shang Tsung has entered the fight!

Idk, Master Chief would be fun, but I just don't want to get my hopes up

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some blonde, edgy dude enters Final Destination blaring numetal from his smart phone and declares to the combatants "My name is Jack Garland. I've come to kill Chaos.".

Shade Vortex

Oct 28, 2017
USA, WA.
The last smash fighter is Sora and the trailer begins with a continuation of the Hero and Sephiroth reveals (Hero fought Dharkon's forces, Sephiroth killed Galeem, but Dharkon is still alive), after all it'd make sense for Sora to defeat the Darkness.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not remotely a fan of Master Chief, but that OP is a thing of beauty. I just want this last reveal to be something legendary.

Oct 27, 2017
Realistic concept: Mario is fighting a bunch of Pokemon characters, he's beating them, and then he gets hit with a flaming soccer ball. Cue Flame Bunny being revealed from the shadows. He does some fire/soccer-related stuff.
Sakurai: "Please enjoy this exciting new character!".

Pipe dream Concept: We see live-action footage of Mario, Sonic, Mega-Man, and Banjo mascot costumes frolicking through a meadow together while "Happy Together" by The Turtles plays. The music dampens as we're suddenly met with a close shot of Mario slowly turning his head to the right. We then hear "Hey, plumber boy! Mustache man! Your worst nightmare has arrived!". Cut to the iconic Crash suit guy standing there with his megaphone. CB suit guy poses and we transition to our CG model splash screen, "Crash Bandicoot Crashes the Party!". The footage then cuts to Crash's in-game model kicking ass as a medley of CB 1, 2, 3, and 4's respective themes plays. He's showing off his classic spin attack, he's ramming characters and turning them into ice with Polar, he digs underground and buries his foes while sticking out his arm to swat away the stragglers, he's blasting his opponents away with his big ass fruit bazooka, and he's sending 'em flying with Akano's dark matter double jump spin! We then hear "Hoo-DAH-boo-GAH!" as Crash blasts poor Mario away with an Aku Aku invincibility charge. The trailer wraps up with Crash suit guy losing Aku and tripping; we get a close shot of his head as wumpa fruits swirl around it.
Sakurai: "That's right, the Wonder from Down Under and Mario's iconic 3D platforming rival has finally joined the fight!"
T.T

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Sakurai Mii holding a stack of cards with all the rumoured/highly desired Smash characters and going through them one by one, laughing and throwing them out - and once he reaches the final card which is an invitation, Jonesy from Fortnite drops in from the sky to take it from him.

Oct 28, 2017
I love would like Skull Kid to break out from a trapped assist trophy case and absorb the moon assist trophy so that it becomes his Final Smash.

Oct 28, 2017
Cute little picnic scene with Kirby, Yoshi and Isabelle.
They're all having a wonderful time sharing food and whatnot.
They all reach for the last slice of chocolate cake. They all look slightly embarrassed, offering it to the others.
SPLAT!
They're all covered in chocolate. They look shocked.
Baseball bat in the cake.
They all slowly look up. Terrified.
The camera follows the bat as it's lifted up and placed on the new person's shoulders.

GORO MAJIMA IS EVERYWHERE!

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
The video opens with current characters fighting in various underground locations. Samus deep within Zebes. Pit fighting in the Underworld of Angel Land. Mario hopping on Goombas in Level 1-2 of the original SMB.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure dashes through each scene, attacking and defeating everyone in his path . . .

ZAGREUS Fights to Reach the Surface!

Gameplay montage of Zag battling with his normal attacks, but after a short while he's defeated and dies.

Back to CG, Zag emerges from a pool of blood and says "One more time."

The first part of the trailer repeats, but he's even more dominant in battle the second time around. And when it switches to gameplay again, he uses his full set of special moves and Boons from the gods and emerges victorious!

New Fighter: Zagreus
New Stage: Bone Hydra's Lair
New Music: totally amazing

latest

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well, they like to play with people's expectations. So the trailer's going to be something like Sora and Kairi talking on Destiny Island about how he has to leave to go somewhere. He's holding the envelope.

"I hope they're ready to take on a Keyblade Master."

several shots of a keyblade being used to fight someone, the wielder totally out of frame

"It's just a real shame I have to go on this mission for the King instead. But I'm sure he's got it covered."

Cause it's Riku. For no particular reason. Final smash is that attack with Sora from Dream Drop that got referenced in 3 though.

Alternatively, something like this but it's specifically set in Traverse Town. Because it ends up being Neku.

(please just don't be someone boring... I haven't really loved most of their picks even in the base game; the base game had some pandering to fan demands that I never cared about, and the DLC has had a decent amount of characters from games I liked but not ones I really felt "oh it's cool to see them in Smash" over - I would have preferred more interesting picks from games I'm less familiar with than some of the ones that happened)

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
trois gymnopedies plays as we see someone stuffing names into invitation letters. it pans out to reveal waluigi getting each new note in a small workshop, excited that the next one might be his. this is cut with a montage of sending the letters out and them being grabbed by newcomers for 4 wii u/3ds base game, 4 wii / 3ds dlc, ultimate base game, and fighter pass 1.

cut back to waluigi in a studio apartment. he hangs up his hat and heats up some ramen. a letter slides in under his door and he doesn't notice it until the next morning. excited, he cracks the seal and opens it. payment is late on his rent.

back to work, there's more to do with fighter pass 2. there's a sigh when the last name comes in. he turns the invitation over and his eyes go wide. the invitation is for waluigi! he pops up from his desk and excitedly rushes out, first bragging to wario, then bowser, and then anyone who will listen, each person increasingly bored. gameplay shows him attempting to use his moves and being beat up by smash characters. this montage ends with him getting hit in the face, a slow-mo shot that shows waluigi happy for the first time, smiling at finally achieving what he truly wanted.

he wakes up at his desk as the final name comes in. sans for smash.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
The video opens with current characters fighting in various underground locations. Samus deep within Zebes. Pit fighting in the Underworld of Angel Land. Mario hopping on Goombas in Level 1-2 of the original SMB.

Suddenly, a shadowy figure dashes through each scene, attacking and defeating everyone in his path . . .

ZAGREUS Fights to Reach the Surface!

Gameplay montage of Zag battling with his normal attacks, but after a short while he's defeated and dies.

Back to CG, Zag emerges from a pool of blood and says "One more time."

The first part of the trailer repeats, but he's even more dominant in battle the second time around. And when it switches to gameplay again, he uses his full set of special moves and Boons from the gods and emerges victorious!

New Fighter: Zagreus
New Stage: Bone Hydra's Lair
New Music: totally amazing

latest
Okay, I think I've found somebody I want over Phoenix Wright or Doom Slayer. Would be amazing.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm expecting a Fire Emblem troll leading up to whatever the actual next fighter is. placing bets on a Square character.

Neku maybe?

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
trois gymnopedies plays as we see someone stuffing names into invitation letters. it pans out to reveal waluigi getting each new note in a small workshop, excited that the next one might be his. this is cut with a montage of sending the letters out and them being grabbed by newcomers for 4 wii u/3ds base game, 4 wii / 3ds dlc, ultimate base game, and fighter pass 1.

cut back to waluigi in a studio apartment. he hangs up his hat and heats up some ramen. a letter slides in under his door and he doesn't notice it until the next morning. excited, he cracks the seal and opens it. payment is late on his rent.

back to work, there's more to do with fighter pass 2. there's a sigh when the last name comes in. he turns the invitation over and his eyes go wide. the invitation is for waluigi! he pops up from his desk and excitedly rushes out, first bragging to wario, then bowser, and then anyone who will listen, each person increasingly bored. gameplay shows him attempting to use his moves and being beat up by smash characters. this montage ends with him getting hit in the face, a slow-mo shot that shows waluigi happy for the first time, smiling at finally achieving what he truly wanted.

he wakes up at his desk as the final name comes in. sans for smash.

lmaooooooooooooo

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
All I know is that the character is going to be Miyamoto, so expect a montage of Miyamoto stuff to make everyone sappy and emotional before he ring outs both Donkey Kong and Mario.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Waddle Dee is eating a sandwich. Sakurai appears in person to give him his invite. They hug.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
All I care is if it's Chief, the opening line needs to be "*halo piano* This… is the way the world ends", and the tagline needs to be "Master Chief finishes the fight".

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After Sephiroth destroyed Galeem, Darkhon readies his attack to blanket the world in darkness before he's pierced by a beam of light that leaves a keyhole-shaped hole in him

Alternatively

[Bottle washes up on Destiny Islands]
Kairi: Another message from the king?
Sora: I don't think so. This seal looks...different...