• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
gizmodo.com

The Computer Scientist Responsible For Cut, Copy, and Paste, Has Passed Away

The advent of the personal computer wasn’t just about making these powerful machines available to everyone, it was also about making them accessible and usable, even for those lacking a computer science degree. Larry Tesler, who passed away on Monday, might not be a household name like Steve...
Larry Tesler, who passed away on Monday, might not be a household name like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates, but his contributions to making computers and mobile devices easier to use are the highlight of a long career influencing modern computing.

...Tesler worked with Tim Mott to create a word processor called Gypsy that is best known for coining the terms "cut," "copy," and "paste" when it comes to commands for removing, duplicating, or repositioning chunks of text
tenor.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i remember one of my former employers was impressed that i knew how to cut, copy, and paste using only a keyboard

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
i remember one of my former employers was impressed that i knew how to cut, copy, and paste using only a keyboard

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Try ctrl+v, he might still be saved to the clipboard!

RIP, a true unsung hero