• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Danny Pudi is a treasure.

I also hope "Larry, I'm on Ducktales" sticks around.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Private plane money is like 50m+ in assets at least. Danny Pudi is only around $3m+. He's better off than most people but that mostly just means first class unless one of his richer friends wants to be generous.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
Thread title doesn't seem very accurate based on the OP's clips, it seemed to me like Larry was answering the question as posed to himself, not on Abed's behalf. Also it doesn't even show his reaction to Abed's comment. I'm sure he's aware that Abed can't afford a private jet.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Larry King sounds and looks bored out of his ass,does he really need to do that shit at his age?retire and do whatever you want man

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
The framing of this tweet by the thread title is weird. Is this just a Larry King hate thread?

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I think Danny is spot on when he says coffee is a luxury you can't live without. That's probably my choice too.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Give Danny a real MCU role already, Disney.
Ne8wnil.gif

Edit: oh you mean more than that cameo. Imagine if they got the greendale seven together for a Disney+ comedy series.

Paterique

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Whining; Meta Commentary
ahhh i see weve moved on from hating the Rosso brothers day and finally arrived at hate Larry King day. Cant wait to see who wins the lottery tomorrow.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of the Ducktales cast, I'd only believe that David Tennant has that kind of clout, and only because of Doctor Who.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title doesn't seem very accurate based on the OP's clips, it seemed to me like Larry was answering the question as posed to himself, not on Abed's behalf. Also it doesn't even show his reaction to Abed's comment. I'm sure he's aware that Abed can't afford a private jet.
Just FYI the actor's name is Danny, Abed was the character he played in Community.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Of the Ducktales cast, I'd only believe that David Tennant has that kind of clout, and only because of Doctor Who.
That's probably a fair point. I could see Ben Schwartz maybe being able to borrow someone's private plane for a bit (I mean his stand-up partner Thomas Middleditch technically has a pilot's license and I think owns a small 1-2 passenger plane, so he could probably borrow that).

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
He asks "What's a luxury you enjoy?" but doesn't allow things like coffee and socks? That's like asking "What's your guilty rich-asshole pleasure?"

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The framing of this tweet by the thread title is weird. Is this just a Larry King hate thread?
ahhh i see weve moved on from hating the Rosso brothers day and finally arrived at hate Larry King day. Cant wait to see who wins the lottery tomorrow.

What bizarre reactions to a light-hearted thread.

Peebs

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 16, 2020

I see the video as more emblematic of the media's conditioning as to what constitutes luxury, as well as highlighting gaps in wealth that people honestly struggle to comprehend when the numbers get high enough.

But really it's all down to Pudi's perfect delivery of the last line.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel his response is more in the spirit of the question.

who would say they "can't live without a private jet" except John Travolta?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
LMAO

Daniel Pudi is great.

"Larry, I'm on Ducktales" needs to be on a T-Shirt

Pudi's delivery at the end is so good XD XD

He's biding his time, he'll eventually get to play Data in the TNG reboot.

-_-

...I didn't know I wanted this until now. God dammit. That would be such fun casting

Last edited: