• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
He never won a championship, but his character and team impact are second to none…. except Rice.

Dude never even retired, he just faded into the sunset.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I disagree. See Johnson, Andre.

Check his numbers, then check the QBs throwing to him. I think he had a probowl QB 1 year out of his entire career.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I'm not necessarily making an argument but just want to toss one name out there and see how it tastes: Megatron.

Also Randy Moss.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Fitz has something like 8 more pro bowls than all of his QBs combined. He's basically Jerry Rice stuck on a bad team.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

www.tmz.com

NFL Superstar Accused of Baby Mama Beatdown

Larry Fitzgerald -- the star wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals -- has been ordered to stay away from his baby mama and his 11-month-old son after he allegedly knocked her around a room and pulled her hair out.

"Later, when she tried to leave with her son, Nazario says Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor ... was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" As she got in the car to leave she realized she had lost "chunks" of hair."

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
72751129.jpg

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
Terrell Owens worst season in yards per catch is higher than Fitz career.

A meh 5 yard pass to Owens was potential trouble because he was scary strong/fast.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I'll accept arguments for Fitz, TO, Moss, Steve Largent, or Megatron for number two well below Jerry Rice at #1.

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Terrell Owens worst season in yards per catch is higher than Fitz career.

A meh 5 yard pass to Owens was potential trouble because he was scary strong/fast.

TO and Randy are the two most dangerous WR's to ever the play the game and are both 2nd in my book behind Jerry.

TO ram and played with a fury and passion you just don't see anymore and Randy, was just unfuckwithable at the deep ball.

If Calvin wouldn't have retired, he might have ascended….but alas.

I don't even think Larry is Top 5 really.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Calvin Johnson must be #1 then because no way Fitzgerald was better than Megatron.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Antonio Brown was better than Fitz until he went crazy from that dirty hit by Burfict.

Of the players I have seen in the last 40+ years of watching football after Rice the best receiver of all time is Moss IMO.

Going back to Brown is there a nastier combo of dirtbags than Big Ben and Brown in their primes for qb and receiver?

JCmasta

Banned
Aug 31, 2020
Fitz is really good, but off the top of my head I can think of:

Moss, Rice, Owens, AB, and Megatron as being better.

I'd say Fitz is a few tiers below with guys like Marvin Harrison, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Torry Holt, etc which definitely isn't a knock on him.

OP
OP
Baked Pigeon

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Antonio Brown was better than Fitz until he went crazy from that dirty hit by Burfict.

Of the players I have seen in the last 40+ years of watching football after Rice the best receiver of all time is Moss IMO.

Going back to Brown is there a nastier combo of dirtbags than Big Ben and Brown in their primes for qb and receiver?

Until? So futz was better?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
as an Eagles fan, allow me to impart a friendly

zEaFfvD.gif

I feel like dude was running us over every time we crossed paths

Aug 7, 2020
I think Larry had the best hands and catch radius of any receiver to play in the NFL. I'd put him at least top 5 for sure, but it's tough competition when you consider Moss, Owens, etc.

As a side note, Terry's hands aren't as good but he's clearly Larry's successor. Just look at who's thrown him touchdowns in the NFL. Disgusting.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
this is slightly off topic, but OP said it so I think it's fair game. Why do we qualify shit like this with statements like, "He never won a championship?" Larry Fitzgerald is perhaps the best example of why that is dumb. if the cards defense stops pittsburgh, then Larry had an amazing super bowl winning catch in the final minutes. literally out of his control as to whether or not one narrative takes place (what happened) vs. the other (super bowl winning hero).

Last edited:

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
As a Seahawks fan, I will offer up the obligatory "Steve Largent". Was not alive while he played, but watching those highlights growing up stunned me as a kid. To imagine what he could have done with a QB as talented as Dan Marino or Joe Montana...

But also as a Seahawks fan, I know all too well how utterly dominant Fitzgerald - he would make catches that were just unbelievable. Not sure I'd have him as number 2, but I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. Had the Cardinals defense not allowed Pittsburgh to drive down at the end of Super Bowl 43, I think this would be a very different conversation

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Randy Moss is the greatest off all-time. Larry is probably fringe top 5.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Moss is the best I've seen. No knock on Fitz, but Moss is a friggin' alien. I only saw Jerry Rice mostly in his post-prime years, so it's of course not fair to compare, but Moss was a special kind of athlete.