• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Just announced in BG3 Panel from Hell stream.

The Guildford studio is joing the already established ones in Quebec, Dublin, Saint Petersbourg, Kuala Lampur and their HQ in Gent.

They are hiring for a lot of positions, i guess they are working on something else other than BG3.

larian.com

Careers - Larian Studios

Larian Studios is a game developer studio located in Gent, Belgium. Proud to be independent for 19 years, we create games for multiple genres and platforms. Thanks to our players, we get to spend our days making the games we love to play. We have a passion for role playing games.

Last edited:

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
IF Sony happen to be In the market for a studio to "combat" MS's acquired Inxile I really hope it's these guys.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Great stuff, larian are becoming one of my favorite developers, i am super excited for baldurs gate 3, i have been really tempted to try it out on early access but a story driven rpg seems like the worst possible game to play on early access.

IF Sony happen to be In the market for a studio to "combat" MS's acquired Inxile I really hope it's these guys.
The hardest of passes on that one chief.
cAxeg1V.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
What, six?? Is this like a small office for remote workers? Or are they THAT big?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
How can they afford all these studios when their games are still relatively niche?

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
How can they afford all these studios when their games are still relatively niche?

Well running a studio in Russia and Malaysia is cheap and in Quebec the local government is supporting the gaming industry with tax cuts and benefits

Not sure how the things are in UK and Belgium

Feb 19, 2018
Some mid sized developers strike gold and then expand massively and open up a whole load of smaller studios. That can backfire massively, like in the case of Crytek. It depends whether they can keep their success going (up).

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well running a studio in Russia and Malaysia is cheap and in Quebec the local government is supporting the gaming industry with tax cuts and benefits

Not sure how the things are in UK and Belgium
Not to mention their last few games have been selling extraordinarily well.

I hope it works out for them. Larian's easily one of my favorite developers.

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Some mid sized developers strike gold and then expand massively and open up a whole load of smaller studios. That can backfire massively, like in the case of Crytek. It depends whether they can keep their success going.

Flying Wild Hog went from Shadow Warrior 2 in 2016 to....4 titles in development, 3 studios and 250+ employees in 2021. For some studios one hit is enough to expand massively.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina

giphy-1-2.gif

Oddly enough, they seemed to be somewhat close with Google Stadia. But (even if I am rather oblivious to the Divinity Original Sin saga) they are among the best in the business and they should remain independent, if possible. Baldur´s Gate 3 is looking phenomenal.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I'm sure they have a bunch of stuff in the works.. however.. Give me BG3 on next gen consoles! I guess worst comes to worst I'll play it on Stadia

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
that's awesome, their future is pretty exciting.

can we not
Great stuff, larian are becoming one of my favorite developers, i am super excited for baldurs gate 3, i have been really tempted to try it out on early access but a story driven rpg seems like the worst possible game to play on early access.

The hardest of passes on that one chief.
cAxeg1V.gif
Screw that idea.

CRPG's have always been PC focused, so it doesn't make sense for Sony to buy a CRPG studio.
That's a no from me, dawg.
Pure list war garbage idea. They make PC first games and they are expanding on their own, not looking to be acquired.
Sony has shown basically zero interest in this kind of game, why would that even cross your mind
keep Sony the fuck away from any PC primary studio kthx
List wars nonsense, not being on PC would kill Larian games and they would have to pivot to something else for playstation exclusives.