• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (permanent): posting a video with extremely violent and disturbing content

ProjectPick

Oct 26, 2017
There were also no other cars that moved through the crowd prior. This was 45 min after closure. Yes it's possible an on or off ramps hadn't been closed yet. There's tons of construction on 35W so it would have been easy enough for him to park and wait.

But this dude did this on purpose to send a message. It could have been so much worse.

It will be investigated and figured out how he got through and to the crowd.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's trying to murder people.

Nah, if he was trying to murder them he'd have just swerved to the left as the crowd dispersed and killed them. Someone above said he was allegedly trying to intimidate people? But regardless, if true, then attempting to do so in such a manner is reckless with indifference to human life and utterly repulsive.

We need a picture and name.

We don't at this time. Don't encourage doxxing while something is still developing.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is quite a take.

Wanna elaborate? Or do you have no conviction in what you're trying to 'safely' convey? I'm just saying that if he was trying to kill them, continuing into the path with the least amount of people and subsequently stopping wouldn't be an expected reaction. Idk though, maybe we'll find out more soon.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how an angry mob who just had an attempt on their life with a semi can take a dude in alive yet cops can't seem to do the same.

/shrug

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Nah, if he was trying to murder them he'd have just swerved to the left as the crowd dispersed and killed them. Someone above said he was allegedly trying to intimidate people? But regardless, if true, then attempting to do so in such a manner is reckless with indifference to human life and utterly repulsive.
That's true. Maybe he had second thoughts about his prank at the end there when that one guy was still kind of in the way? Why else would he stop?

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's true. Maybe he had second thoughts about his prank at the end there when that one guy was still kind of in the way? Why else would he stop?

Calling it a prank is a bit reductive if it had even a scrap of intentionality to it, but possible I suppose.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not suggesting doxxing, Im suggesting the media find out who he is because people have a right to know what happens to him.

Oh I apologise then, yeah I absolutely agree with that. Transparency with any charges he receives and what actually transpired is crucial once they know how or why this happened definitively.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
he's very lucky some of those protester protected him. he would've been murdered otherwise

charge him as a terrorist

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Facebook friend of mine who lives in Minneapolis was there in his own car. He almost got hit.

Absolutely fucked up.

Edit: This is what he posted

"I was told to help keep people safe by pulling forward a little so the next lane had a car in it. NOT 30 SECONDS LATER... The semi came barreling up behind me at at least 50mph, honking and flashing his lights. He came up the shoulder, where I had literally just moved from. I didnt see brakes until he started getting into the crowd... I am still crying... This was no accident! "

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Facebook friend of mine who lives in Minneapolis was there in his own car. He almost got hit.

Absolutely fucked up.

Edit: This is what he posted

"I was told to help keep people safe by pulling forward a little so the next lane had a car in it. NOT 30 SECONDS LATER... The semi came barreling up behind me at at least 50mph, honking and flashing his lights. He came up the shoulder, where I had literally just moved from. I didnt see brakes until he started getting into the crowd... I am still crying... This was no accident! "

That's chilling. Glad nobody got hurt.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

minnesota.cbslocal.com

Tanker Truck Drives Into Minneapolis George Floyd Protesters On I-35W Bridge; Driver In Custody

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a tanker truck driver is in custody after speeding through marchers protesting the death of George Floyd on the Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis Sunday.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a tanker truck driver is in custody after speeding through marchers protesting the death of George Floyd on the Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis Sunday.
At 10 p.m., WCCO confirmed with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office that the suspect was Bogdan Vechirko, of Otsego. He is currently being held custody on probable cause assault.
DPS Commissioner John Harrington says it appears that no protesters on the southbound lanes of the interstate were seriously hurt. He estimates that 5,000 to 6,000 people were on the bridge at the time the truck sped through. Harrington says the truck was already on the interstate before the incident, even though it had closed about 40 minutes earlier at 5 p.m. and barriers were in place specifically for the marchers.
"It was one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen," Harrington said.
The driver, who was pulled out of the truck and attacked by protesters, was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Hennepin Healthcare, and is now in the Hennepin County Jail. In several videos of the incident, protesters can be heard and seen trying to stop the attack, and several laid on him to protect him.
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office said that no one was called out for a water rescue in the incident.
The truck had a Kenan Advantage Group logo on it. The Ohio-based company gave this statement late Sunday evening, which read in part, "Our hearts go out to all those who are grieving the events of this past week. We have been informed of an incident involving one of our independent contractors in Minneapolis, MN during recent protests. Our first and foremost concern is for the safety and security of the public, our employees and our customers."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing is that the truck is going around the stragglers so he was an idiot playing chicken with human lives

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

minnesota.cbslocal.com

Tanker Truck Drives Into Minneapolis George Floyd Protesters On I-35W Bridge; Driver In Custody

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a tanker truck driver is in custody after speeding through marchers protesting the death of George Floyd on the Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis Sunday.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says a tanker truck driver is in custody after speeding through marchers protesting the death of George Floyd on the Interstate 35W Bridge in Minneapolis Sunday.
At 10 p.m., WCCO confirmed with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office that the suspect was Bogdan Vechirko, of Otsego. He is currently being held custody on probable cause assault.
DPS Commissioner John Harrington says it appears that no protesters on the southbound lanes of the interstate were seriously hurt. He estimates that 5,000 to 6,000 people were on the bridge at the time the truck sped through. Harrington says the truck was already on the interstate before the incident, even though it had closed about 40 minutes earlier at 5 p.m. and barriers were in place specifically for the marchers.
"It was one of the most dangerous things I've ever seen," Harrington said.
The driver, who was pulled out of the truck and attacked by protesters, was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Hennepin Healthcare, and is now in the Hennepin County Jail. In several videos of the incident, protesters can be heard and seen trying to stop the attack, and several laid on him to protect him.
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office said that no one was called out for a water rescue in the incident.
The truck had a Kenan Advantage Group logo on it. The Ohio-based company gave this statement late Sunday evening, which read in part, "Our hearts go out to all those who are grieving the events of this past week. We have been informed of an incident involving one of our independent contractors in Minneapolis, MN during recent protests. Our first and foremost concern is for the safety and security of the public, our employees and our customers."

Looking at his name, is this why Susan Rice blamed the anarchy on Russia?

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My understanding is that the road was closed and had police posted near the ends of it to make sure traffic didn't go down it. How did he get through?
These things happen. Sometimes bodycams turn off accidentally. Sometimes police that have one job blocking traffic fail to see large trucks. There was nothing they could do to prevent this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
There seems to be enough here, between the protester reading the texts out loud (taking off the driver) and the obviously uncommon name, where this looks to be legit.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My understanding is that the road was closed and had police posted near the ends of it to make sure traffic didn't go down it. How did he get through?
On the radio when I picked up food right before curfew they had on the gov and AG and maybe others. Someone answered that they thought he was already on the highway and the barricade point was basically built behind him, no evidence of jumping through or around any ramp closures or barricades but it was still unconfirmed. Would be nice to know.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Funny how an angry mob who just had an attempt on their life with a semi can take a dude in alive yet cops can't seem to do the same.

/shrug
No shit, they deescalated better than almost every cop vid this week.
One protestor took out the keys to ensure the truck wasn't running anymore.

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

He had someone on the hood beating in his windshield and other people were climbing the cab to get to him, I think the guy on the hood had kicked in his windshield and stopped the truck.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland

We don't at this time. Don't encourage doxxing while something is still developing.
Doxxing is all we have.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So...just want to make sure I got this right...there are possibly Russian sleeper cells in the US, which this guy may have been a part of, in addition to being a Trump supporter, who have been waiting for opportunities to escalate protests to violence even if it means they die?

Oct 2, 2018
Terrorism. He probably didnt count on people running away that quickly. He had no chance to hit anyone.

Lock this fucker up.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
It gives me chills just thinking about the whole scene so i will not watch it.

No shit, they deescalated better than almost every cop vid this week.
One protestor took out the keys to ensure the truck wasn't running anymore.

The guy is in custody after what happened, with not even a poached eye.
It's a good demonstration the core of the protests is not for blood but justice.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Just behind the tractor unit, on a panel that contains a left to right lever and a couple of other buttons, is a bright red emergency button. If you pull this the trailer wheels will lock and the only way to get moving again is to get out and re-press. I know this is asking a lot in the moment, but anyone who's driven these things would be going straight for it as the truck slowed. Once pulled you have time to unplug the airlines and the ABS line (or just fuck them up) and he's stuck there. Again, hell of an ask with it barrelling down on you, but any articulated or rigid can be disabled this way.