• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Many Slices?

• None (Diet/Personal Reasons)

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • 1 slice

Votes: 11 0.7%
  • 2 slice

Votes: 177 12.0%
  • 1/4 of Pie

Votes: 202 13.7%
  • 1/2 of Pie

Votes: 363 24.7%
  • 3/4 of Pie

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • Eating The Whole Dang Thing

Votes: 590 40.1%

• Total voters

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it depends on my mood. Maybe 2 slices, maybe half the damn thing. While my weight isn't bad, and I do eat fairly healthy, I do stress/emotionally eat when things get really bad.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Really depends on the situation and style of pizza. Neapolitan-style, with a light crust and minimal toppings, I'd probably do all or most of it. If it's American delivery-style, that would be too much, just based on mass—in that case I'd probably do 2 slices for a lighter meal (where I have to actually be able to function afterward), or half the pie for a drunk/high/I-hate-myself meal.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
If I haven't eaten anything else that day I will suck that whole thing deep down.

Actually on my cheat days I order 2 normal size pizzas and eat them both.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I used to be able to polish off a large pizza with ease but old age and lactose intolerance has made it that 2 slices can satisfy me.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'll eat the whole thing, but that's occasionally worrisome.

Mainly when you finish a meal, and immediately feel tired.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
1/4th + 1 slice. Then 1/2 the final slice 2 hours later pending negotiations.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Half the pizza now, half tomorrow for lunch.

This is a system that has served me well for years.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
For a real pizza I usually eat two slices. If its digiorno or something I eat 4 to feel full.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Depends.

Now if it's chain pizza (dominos, Pizza hut......) And I haven't eaten in 10hrs I could eat the whole thing. But same situation with real pizza I could probably only do 3-4 slices. I think it's because of the dough, chain pizza is so light and airy in comparison to real pizza.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
when i was a kid i'd probably eat 3 slices....maybe even 4 if no one is in the same room as me

and store 2 more slices in the fridge for early morning breakfast....no wonder i was fat lol

now..2 slices and i'm good

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I haven't eaten anything in the whole day and this is the only thing I'm eating in a cheat day? Shit baby you know I unhinged my jaw and shotgun that whole thing.

kosmickitten

Jul 2, 2019
1 slice most the time. Unless it is beach pizza (which is a local thing I think) and then I could easily eat 2... maybe a 3rd if I was super hungry.

Edit - And now I'm craving beach pizza, and putting in an order lol.

Last edited:

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
They are usually cut in 8 slices so 2-3 slices if there is more slices, still the same percentage.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Depends on how hungry I am. I can normally eat half now, half later. Only on rare occasions (when I'm near the brink of starvation) will I eat the whole thing in one sitting.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
There's so many variables. How hungry am I, how thick is the crust, how heavy the cheese and toppings, etc. My most likely answer is between 1/4 and 1/2, inclusive, for hand-tossed/pan pizza. A frozen thin crust pizza, I could eat the whole thing pretty easily.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
In October, I ate 18 slices of pizza in one buffet.

I am eating the whole thing.

(I have a BMI of 20, for reference.)

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
i mean, like. How high I am will really help me out here. Probably the whole thing, but if I'm sober, 3/4ths and then I come back two hours later and am like "well this pizza has just been sitting out, it'll go bad soon if I don't eat it".

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
The days I eat pizza I purposefully eat nothing else but that so I attempt to generally eat the entire thing. but usually theirs like 4 slices left depending on the size.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
14" is a large? Okay yeah sure, let's go with that.

The entire thing goes without a second thought.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm eating something else with it, like a salad, bread sticks, etc. Half.
If just by itself, 3/4, and save 2 slices for a snack later.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Considerations when I order pizza

Hungry and feeling cheap- 1 pizza

Starving-2 pizzas

Yes, I have eaten two large before but typically I dont because I really dislike that stuffed feeling.