• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
https://deadline.com/2019/05/lance-...scaloosa-getaway-horror-film-cast-1202614920/

Deadline said:
John Wick actor Lance Reddick has come aboard Faith Based, a satirical take on the Christian film industry from Lone Suspect. Vincent Masciale is directing the comedy, which is also being produced by Giles Daoust of Title Media, Tanner Thomason, and Tim Kerigan. Luke Barnett wrote the script about two idiot friends (played by Funny or Die regulars Barnett and Thomason) who come to the realization that all "faith based" films make buckets of cash, they set out on a mission to make one of their own. Reddick will play Barnett's disapproving, adoptive father and pastor of Elevate, a hipster church in North Hollywood.

... Yeah. I'll probably be there.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it will be at least half as good as this episode of South Park.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... Yeah. I'll probably be there.
You better be.
CBIGDBD.gif

😜❤️

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Been a Lance Reddick fan ever since I watched The Wire. Dude kills it in everything and this premise actually sounds super interesting.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Reddick is one of those guys who just shows up in things and is always great, no matter the quality of the film/show.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have to put this on my to watch list, also looking forward to John Goodman and Danny McBride in McBride's next HBO show which seems to be a mega church takedown.

Also Admiral, I expect a review as comprehensive as your reviews of actual faith based films.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Christian Film Industry on America. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Donald Trump. From what I can gather he commands the Republicans from a White House outside of Washington. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on America.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Recently discovered this "faith based" cinema in my country while trying to search of cinemas that are near my work place. I won't be surprised if they totally miss the satire and run this movie without actually understanding that it's a joke. In my experience, many conservative/christian Singaporeans have pretty thick heads XD

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Christian Film Industry on America. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Donald Trump. From what I can gather he commands the Republicans from a White House outside of Washington. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on America.
Both of these references...

perfection.gif

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Reddick is one of those guys who just shows up in things and is always great, no matter the quality of the film/show.
Yep. He kind of slow burned his way into being one of my favorite actors. I don't go seeking out projects he's a part of. It's like you said, he just shows up in something I check out, and instantly makes it better.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I must admit I didn't know him by name until I played Horizon. Loved his work there and his voice acting was impeccable, which made me like Sylens a lot in the game. Definitely looking forward to watching more of him soon in John Wick 3 and then this. Will have to check more of his stuff.

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I didn't know him by name until I played Horizon. Loved his work there and his voice acting was impeccable, which made me like Sylens a lot in the game. Definitely looking forward to watching more of him soon in John Wick 3 and then this. Will have to check more of his stuff.

You haven't watched The Wire??

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get Andre Braugher in there too? I would love to see a collaboration between him and Reddick - they both have this amazing mixture of gravitas and comic timing that just works every goddamn time.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Parody?i thought the christian film industry was alrwzdy parody? You mean yo tell me they were serious with those gods not dead movies?