• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Boring Answer: West Coast

Patrician Answer: Off to the Races

There are dozens of us in the Off to the Races is iconic. People hated that song when the Born to Die album dropped, and I'm happy to see history vindicating me, as per usual.

Money, Power, Glory is maybe not her best song but just interesting vibes.

Hallelujah I'm gonna take you for all that you're worth.

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Summertime Sadness, Mariners Apartment Complex, Gods & Monsters, National Anthem, Cola...

Actually, scratch that... ALL of her songs, I'm a Lana Del Rey stan, through and through.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
The Next Best American Record is my newer favorite but National Anthem has been close to my heart for over a decade now... It's hard to pick

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Listened to Ultraviolence again...Sad Girl and Old Money (very underrated) are two of her best songs.

Then I looked at Discogs out of curiosity because I got her older albums on vinyl. Some of her stuff is getting very expensive already. The limited edition box set of Ultraviolence (still got it in mint condition) is going for 300€ and more, sheesh. The Honeymoon red vinyl and Paradise Edition box set are high-priced too.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of did a quick listen of Blue Bannisters when it came out, but never really listened to it more than once. I can confirm Thunder is a top 5 track. Blue Bannisters (the title track) is also amazing. Dealer is as good as always.

I think my ranking is something like:

1. Terrence Loves You
2. Florida Kilos
3. Thunder
4. Fuck It, I Love You
5. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
6. Tomorrow Never Came
7. Music to Watch Boys To
8. Brooklyn Baby
9. Dealer
10. Blue Bannisters

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
Also on team "Off to the Races".

Tied with "Mariners Apartment Complex"

Stuart Little is also officially part of her discography in my opinion. It is a parody that can only come from love.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
The Greatest! Such a fucking great song.

The whole.Norman Fucking Rockwell album is a masterpiece. Reminds me of summer.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not an avid listener, but I really like Doin' Time. Really good grooves.

edit: had no idea it was a cover. Doesn't change my mine. Song slaps hard.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
The entirety of the Blue Banisters album is superb, aside from 'Dealer', which may just be the worst thing she's ever released. I've taken to replacing it with 'Dark But Just A Game' from the previous record.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
'Dealer', which may just be the worst thing she's ever released
giphy.gif

Agram

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast's tempo change is the highlight of her discography that made me fall in love with her. Nothing comes close.

Aside from WC, Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it is a lyrical masterpiece, Video Games is a modern classic and White Dress/Chemtrails combo is her greatest emotional achievement.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Whew, hard to pin any one song down. My favorite Lana song changes with my mood.

Right now I'm feeling Gods and Monsters and Groupie Love.

West Coast is top tier for sure. I also love Shades of Cool and Brooklyn Baby from that album.

Also... Lana doesn't get enough credit for her ballads. Ride is such an epic song that really shouldn't have worked with her voice, but she pulls it off.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Actually, scratch that... ALL of her songs, I'm a Lana Del Rey stan, through and through.

This is where I am after these couple of days trying to think of my favorite song lol.

I am still beating myself against the wall because I could've not only met her but also actually be at a party with her several years ago but I choose wrong lol.

Kilgore Trout

Oct 25, 2017
Listened to Ultraviolence again...Sad Girl and Old Money (very underrated) are two of her best songs.

Then I looked at Discogs out of curiosity because I got her older albums on vinyl. Some of her stuff is getting very expensive already. The limited edition box set of Ultraviolence (still got it in mint condition) is going for 300€ and more, sheesh. The Honeymoon red vinyl and Paradise Edition box set are high-priced too.

Yeah, her stuff is crazy expensive. I actually snagged a Honeymoon red vinyl and the Urban Outfitters Ultraviolence (still sealed) for 30 bucks a pop a few weeks ago. I was in for a major shock when I looked at what they were going for. I was vaguely aware that her stuff can be pricey, but damn some of her records are selling for huge prices.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
"Norman fucking Rockwell" is her best album by a mile(and it's quite a good album). The others are on the average at most; "Ultraviolence" being my least favorite though; although I consider "Honeymoon"(her third one) to be pretty underrated. I love the scenery of Honeymoon; very 60s-70s James Bond-like movie.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Yeah, her stuff is crazy expensive. I actually snagged a Honeymoon red vinyl and the Urban Outfitters Ultraviolence (still sealed) for 30 bucks a pop a few weeks ago. I was in for a major shock when I looked at what they were going for. I was vaguely aware that her stuff can be pricey, but damn some of her records are selling for huge prices.

That's crazy luck, $30 is a steal. I stopped buying her stuff after Honeymoon because there weren't any bonus tracks anymore (just different colors for the vinyl), but now I kind of regret that because even her newer albums are getting expensive. I love the cover for the yellow Blue Banisters vinyl for example, but the cheapest price here is 70-80€ :(

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
White mustang
The greatest
Cruel world
Art deco
Ride
Cinnamon girl
Florida Kilos

And many more.

Kilgore Trout

Oct 25, 2017
That's crazy luck, $30 is a steal. I stopped buying her stuff after Honeymoon because there weren't any bonus tracks anymore (just different colors for the vinyl), but now I kind of regret that because even her newer albums are getting expensive. I love the cover for the yellow Blue Banisters vinyl for example, but the cheapest price here is 70-80€ :(

Yeah, the store clearly wasn't that into her stuff or paying attention. To be fair, it was a used bookstore that also sells records, electronics, etc. A lot of people go there to purchase vinyl to resale. Funny enough there were some guys beside me going through the crates and they were complaining that someone's sister had cleaned out all of her vinyl and skipped over the Lana albums along with some other female pop. Glad those jerks didn't get the pleasure of buying it and reselling it for a ridiculous markup.

I have definitely considered buying some of the limited editions of her releases going forward. I only have the basic BB, but I want the Target exclusive but it is sold out and people online are selling it for around 100$. Need to bite earlier next time! Or get lucky again and snag a copy in person. Vinyl prices online are generally terrible all around unless it is something readily available.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Mariners Apartment Complex & High by the Beach.

But in all honesty, anything.

She could be singing Baby Shark & I'd still listen to it bc I love her voice so much.

Apr 11, 2020
No one has mentioned Cherry, and I'm fucking raged about it :P
Have loved that song ever since she dropped it live at KROQ Weenie Roast in California. Obsessively watched the bootlegs of that performance and bonded big time with my lover at the time over that new song Cherry energy. Got me fucking hyyyyped for Lust For Life. Was into the dance moves, the absolute dripping sweetness and devastating love. It took awhile for me to get into the final album version, but boy, it sure does things to me still today. Even made a professional headshot and photograph series based on Cherry and Honeymoon tunes for my portfolio lol
Definitely spewing that the music clip never got made, but did love the promo vid made for V magazine <3

The past couple of albums I'm more tepid on her work. I don't know if some of the controversies surrounding her killed the love, that said, my own attitudes and values in life have matured a shit tonne, so that's prolly it too. The music though, I'm glad she's grown and feels more free to explore as an artist - more than we get with a lot of charting radio-play artists. I could take it or leave most of it, with a few songs here and there still speaking to me.
She really nailed Norman Fucking Rockwell. As an artistic piece, it was so virtuous. Gorgeous, devastating, and downright fun all at once, along with some of the best songwriting the last decade. It was so refreshing after Lust For Life.
You have the pantheon of greats in other albums. Honeymoon is just delicious. Ultraviolence used to be a guilty pleasure, but I can't go back to it. There were too many unhealthy behaviours and attitudes I was living out in my life when I was most attached to it, though it was fire, and the production was fucking stunning. She really knows how to come up with a theme and run with it. Young & Beautiful is timeless. Born To Die as an album is too. I remember the first time I listened to it right through and loving the fuck out of it as I walked the side of a road figuring out how to get home after a night out. Off To The Races, Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, and This Is What Makes Us Girls stood out. The Cedric Gervais remix of SS is the one that gets all the play, but it's the SxAde Synthwave Version that brought me new life in the clubs:

She delivered with stunning music videos from the get go, and though a lot didn't get her at the time, I think she also really owned some awesome live performance choices of that era. Call it nasty, but the angle she took to pull it off was genius. Million Dollar Man live at Concert Privé and Born To Die live at Poolside at Chateau Marmont bloody collected my heart.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
almost impossible to choose a number one song, she has so many.

to cite one maybe West Coast.
National Anthem slaps so hard too.