• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else let it be said that Americans have their priorities in order

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
It's the first time in my life I see the search for a new coach going that bad.

The lack of respect the Lakers organization showed to Ty Tue is shocking ! 3 years contract for a champion coach !!! When Luke Walton - an assistant - got 5 years the first time around ? That's embarrasing and I understand Lakers Nation frustration.

How about the "optics" now Jeannie ?

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he literally had and has nothing to do with the immense dysfunction that the organization has right now.

It was just as bad before he got there and it'll be just as bad when he leaves.

Jeanie Buss has no idea what she's doing.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure what's going on, could someone explain?
The Lakers hired coach Ty Lue last weekend in all but an official capacity, so much so that Lue celebrated his birthday on Friday with a Lakers themed party. Then on Saturday, Kurt Rambis and his wife (who wields a tremendous amount of power towards Lakers principle owner Jeannie Buss) told her "no, he has no leverage (ignoring that the Cavs still owe him $15M), make him sign these concessions so that we aren't left holding the bag" and Ty Lue understandably was furious that they were offering him a 3 year deal and walked away.

tl;dr The Lakers are dysfunctional and are quickly becoming Knicks West.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand framing this as if it's LeBron's fault and that the fans are protesting him.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least wait till summer and the free agencies open up. And if they cant land anyone then, then protest

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure what's going on, could someone explain?

The Lakers organization, one of the NBA's most decorated franchises, has become a league laughingstock to rival the Knicks over the last several years.

People like to try to blame LeBron for everything because he's the best to ever play.

Americans have the worst priorities.

I think this is an adequate summary.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. You can't fire an owner. You can't trade an owner. Jeannie Buss, the incompetent trust fund baby, thinks she knows what's good for the franchise and nobody can tell her otherwise. Ask DC football and NY Knick fans what good being publicly disgruntled at an incompetent owner will do. It doesn't matter. The Lakers will not be relevant again (in a good way) until Jeannie Buss dies or sells the team.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Lakers hired coach Ty Lue last weekend in all but an official capacity, so much so that Lue celebrated his birthday on Friday with a Lakers themed party. Then on Saturday, Kurt Rambis and his wife (who wields a tremendous amount of power towards Lakers principle owner Jeannie Buss) told her "no, he has no leverage (ignoring that the Cavs still owe him $15M), make him sign these concessions so that we aren't left holding the bag" and Ty Lue understandably was furious that they were offering him a 3 year deal and walked away.

tl;dr The Lakers are dysfunctional and are quickly becoming Knicks West.

Kurt Rambis is the worst garbage. He's also a Phil Jackson loyalist with a stick up his ass because he was poised to replace Phil as coach if Phil had returned for a third stint, it was part of Phil's proposed contract. Phil hates LeBron and vice versa, so there's also that.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This not about Lebron, but the organization running like crap.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. You can't fire an owner. You can't trade an owner. Jeannie Buss, the incompetent trust fund baby, thinks she knows what's good for the franchise and nobody can tell her otherwise. Ask DC football and NY Knick fans what good being publicly disgruntled at an incompetent owner will do. It doesn't matter. The Lakers will not be relevant again (in a good way) until Jeannie Buss dies or sells the team.
Welcome to the club, friend.

The sadness corner welcomes all.

Deleted member 11822

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see that people are taking it to the streets for the important issues facing our nation...

Fucks sake.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being excited about Ty Lue as coach. Lakers fans are a special kind of delusional.

Lakers fans that I've talked to weren't excited about Lue as a coach, they're furious with what a clown show the front office has become. When your top two options are Monty Williams and Ty Lue, who I don't think anyone would argue are great options, and you very publicly end up with NEITHER, when you're the Lakers, it's a pretty big indicator of incompetence.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being excited about Ty Lue as coach. Lakers fans are a special kind of delusional.

Ty Lue is a good head coach. He ain't Pop or anything but he's a lot better than people give him credit for. The only people that think he's trash or something are the type of people whose NBA knowledge ends when First Take goes off the air.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Tweaked the title a bit since some people thought that the protest was against LeBron and not the Lakers organization itself.