• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This dude made two of the funniest Point & Click games ever made. No, scratch that, two of the funniest games ever made

beyond hyped for this.

Oct 25, 2017
LAIR OF THE CLOCKWORK GOD is a new, standalone adventure starring Dan and Ben, heroes of hit point-and-click games "Ben There, Dan That!" and "Time Gentlemen, Please!", which are somehow already definitely in your Steam library, even if you can't quite remember how? If not, try one of these? You might be the first to find them ?NCM9-4K9N7-CGJG5 and ?VNYG-VF5R6-TCVPN where the ? are the initials of the protagonists' first names.
Nice.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
...heroes of hit point-and-click games "Ben There, Dan That!" and "Time Gentlemen, Please!", which are somehow already definitely in your Steam library, even if you can't quite remember how?

I feel personally attacked.

The steam page is correct and is judging me.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It appears that there's one further BTDT key on the website that's not currently claimed (I already have the titles so it won't work for me). I suggest verifying if the game will work on your hardware.

Particularly the soundcard

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting another Ben and Dan game ever again, but I'm in for another round.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
The concept of mixing adventure and platforming gameplay looks interesting and it seems genuinely funny judging by the video. I enjoy both genres a lot so this looks like something i'd buy.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
How can we get more eyes on this game? I loved both their adventure games and this looks like more of the same humour, which was right up my alley (along with Kickmen).

Oct 27, 2017
This looks gorgeous, never heard of it before. I played Time Gentlemen Please years ago but I don't remember much about it. Hopefully this one will be a lot more successful for them.

Lair of the Clockwork God is a great name too.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
It's out today!!!

It comes with a free game!
www.eurogamer.net

Lair of the Clockwork God launches with a surprise prequel

Lair of the Clockwork God, the next title by Size Five Games, is due to launch only next week - but developer Dan Marsh…

Wishlist it on Steam!
store.steampowered.com

Lair of the Clockwork God on Steam

A fast-paced Point-and-Click adventure AND an indie platfomer in one! Join adventurer Ben and wannabe indie darling Dan in a race against time to stop all the Apocalypses happening at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
Only two reviews on Metacritic so far, but they're both quite positive:

www.metacritic.com

Lair of the Clockwork God

Lair of the Clockwork God for PC game reviews & Metacritic score: A fast-paced Point-and-Click adventure AND an indie platfomer in one! Join adventurer Ben and wannabe indie darling Dan in a race against time to stop all the A...

Hardcoregaming101 gave it a good score too.

Will be buying it later today. The text adventure puzzle in TGP is still my favorite adventure game thing ever.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Will grab it as soon as it hits gog. Dan is a great dialogue writer and his P&C games are some of the best ever.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Will grab it as soon as it hits gog. Dan is a great dialogue writer and his P&C games are some of the best ever.
Yeah, I honestly think it's some of the funniest stuff I'd read in a game.

It actually feels like the sort of writing a developer like Double Fine tries to get right, but never hits the mark quite like Dan does. Just look at Kickmen (and the development of it) to see what I mean.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought it! Follow him on twitter for the comedy, so I figured I'd support him as well (also bought The Swindle and Behold the Kickmen, both quite fun games).

I usually don't buy adventure games, but this looks pretty interesting with the platforming as well. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Finished it in about 7 hours, but didn't find everything apparently. Loved it. It made me laugh a lot, puzzles and platforming were both suitably challenging at times and fuck me is it smart. Like, proper 'don't read up, go in blind' smart. Also delightfully stupid and crass at times too.

Just brilliant.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it in about 7 hours, but didn't find everything apparently. Loved it. It made me laugh a lot, puzzles and platforming were both suitably challenging at times and fuck me is it smart. Like, proper 'don't read up, go in blind' smart. Also delightfully stupid and crass at times too.

Just brilliant.

I'm now 2 hours in, and feel the same way. The writing is legitimately funny, and the puzzles feel great to solve when you figure them out.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
2h into it, and yeah, it's a great game. The first hour had 3 or 4 of the funniest bits in a game in years.

And it's a great feeling to again have proper puzzles, an inventory and decent dialogs in an adventure game.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how I got past this part about halfway through the game:

In fear, when trying to get the droid through the locked door, you had to enter a password. I tried everything, flying moving left/right to change the color based on the stacked colors by the door. Eventually, I just went over and flew and the door opened. How was that puzzle supposed to work?

Any ideas?

Deleted member 45468

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Bought. I loved the first two games. Man package all 3 games and sell them on consoles. I would totally double dip.

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer slow paced pointing and clicking, but I liked the other games so I might pick this one up at some point.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how I got past this part about halfway through the game:

In fear, when trying to get the droid through the locked door, you had to enter a password. I tried everything, flying moving left/right to change the color based on the stacked colors by the door. Eventually, I just went over and flew and the door opened. How was that puzzle supposed to work?

Any ideas?

I would like to know this as well, what the solution is, cause I'm stuck there.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really liking this, even the music is legit emotive which I was not at all expecting from a team so small. Only about 10-15 mins into it, but I get a very Lost Vikings vibe from it with all the co-op goings on.

Sense of humour is of course right-fucking-on point too. It actually feels like what I wanted/expected from Broken Age and other DF adventures but wasn't as self-deprecating or referential. Can't wait to play the game that came bundled with it too.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand how the camera does an extremely rapid recenter every time I stop moving. It is completely distracting and makes the game feel awful. What were they thinking? Unless this is done kind of joke about how they don't understand anything about making a platformer game.

And on not talking about the constant screen sway. At least they let you disable that.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I would like to know this as well, what the solution is, cause I'm stuck there.
There is a series of colored rectangles in front of the door. The droid's eye turns a different color each time you change direction. Make the droid's eye change colors in the same pattern as the rectangles.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand how the camera does an extremely rapid recenter every time I stop moving. It is completely distracting and makes the game feel awful. What were they thinking? Unless this is done kind of joke about how they don't understand anything about making a platformer game.

And on not talking about the constant screen sway. At least they let you disable that.

I'll be honest, I didn't notice this at all. Not sure I should look for it or not now though, lol.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
There is a series of colored rectangles in front of the door. The droid's eye turns a different color each time you change direction. Make the droid's eye change colors in the same pattern as the rectangles.

Is there any indication of it actually working? I did this for a few minutes and nothing happened.

I think it was something like blue, orange, green, orange, orange, blue. How were you supposed to do 2 orange in a row?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only just past the prologue/intro, but I love stupid writing like this:
(monster thumping at door)
"That door is banging!"
"Yeah, it's well wicked"

Can't find that kind of humour in games enough anymore :(

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Got stuck about halfway through the game.

I need to reflect the starlight to melt the ice for dan, but while I know that I need to use the polished spanner for this, I can't figure out what second item to use to reflect it.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think I'm that far into it, only just unlocked the worst joke in the game cheevo. Still fucking loving it, this humour is right up my alley.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
On some rare days on ERA, you discover a new game that you've never ever heard about. LOOKS AWESOME!