• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Hold up, She won an Oscar for a song in a movie. People seemed to be positioning it as if she won for acting. Winning a music Oscar is much less surprising.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since when is calling CDPR queerphobic a hot take? And as always, the common strawman of interpreting criticism extremely literally with "not every individual at the company hates LGBT+ people" crops up.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
CDPR doesn't like LGBTQ+ people, why would they employ a gay icon?
Lady Gaga did a duet with R. Kelly called "Do What You Want" with lyrics like "Do what you want with my body" fully knowing the suspect history of R. Kelly including his underage/abuse issues. That doesn't mean she is supportive of any of that or an awful person.

Same should apply for CDPR. There are innocent people who have nothing to do with their social media who are just trying to make a living and do what they love/their expertise of doing.

mr teaspoon

Banned
Feb 22, 2018
Thank God. She's one of those celebrities who is objectively normal but whose identity is wrapped up completely in being a weirdo. Her presence would bring the game down.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey if you want to ignore how people reacted after several bigoted tweets and a very clearly transphobic illustration of Cyberpunk 2077 thats on you.

Hey if you want to look like you have no idea how videogames are made and lump an entire development studio into a tweet from a social media manager, thats on you.

Terrible tweet? Absolutely. Demonizing hundreds of people for it? Please...

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
Hey if you want to look like you have no idea how videogames are made and lump an entire development studio into a tweet from a social media manager, thats on you.

Terrible tweet? Absolutely. A post demonizing hundreds of people for it? Please.
Cool no one did that. No one said working at CDPR makes you a transphobe. They said CDPR is transphobic and has a history of problematic behavior

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Hold up, She won an Oscar for a song in a movie. People seemed to be positioning it as if she won for acting. Winning a music Oscar is much less surprising.
In fairness, she was also nominated for best actress. Seems to indicate she at least has some talent in that regard (I've not seen the film, so no opinion myself).

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Era does love it's Sony exclusives, thats for sure.

#TeaFacts101

They also love their Nintendo exclusives. I'll have you know, sis.

BbIKyrz.gif

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I can't tell whether people are trolling or just that out of touch. This is a person who won an Oscar in 2019.
WIth gamers and media involving something other than games, the answer is more than likely-->completely out of touch.

Remember that the game awards unironically played "Pull My Devil Trigger" at the VGAs because as Geoff so kindly put it, gamers wanted it. 👀

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao at all these ignorant comments calling gaga washed up or irrelevant. get some reality check.
she's smart not to associate with this game and studio, that's all i have to say.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
WIth gamers and media involving something other than games, the answer is more than likely-->completely out of touch.

Remember that the game awards unironically played "Pull My Devil Trigger" at the VGAs because as Geoff so kindly put it, gamers wanted it. 👀
You know, for someone who actively participates in gaming forums such as these and pretend to be level headed with reasonable discussion , you seem to hate yourself being a gamer and trying to generalize whenever it seems to suit your narrative

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, for someone who actively participates in gaming forums such as these and pretend to be level headed with reasonable discussion , you seem to hate yourself being a gamer and trying to generalize whenever it seems to suit your narrative

Actually some of us choose not to label ourselves gamers because the community is so problematic and toxic. I sure as hell don't broadcast it anymore.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018

It comes with the territory of being a corporate apologist.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
you seem to hate yourself being a gamer
Im not a gamer fam. 😃

Actually some of us choose not to label ourselves gamers because the community is so problematic and toxic.
A very explicit example would be the time a lot of people here argued that it's ok to be toxic in video games. Now, this is unapologetically the most progressive gaming forum. Which says so much about how that discussion would go elsewhere and why big publishers feel the need to speak up about efforts to combat toxicity.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually some of us choose not to label ourselves gamers because the community is so problematic and toxic. I sure as hell don't broadcast it anymore.
very true, i feel the same nowadays. this thread is a good proof of it, shitting on a very successful artist's career because... she's not in a game you're looking forward to? that makes 0 sense.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Since when is calling CDPR queerphobic a hot take? And as always, the common strawman of interpreting criticism extremely literally with "not every individual at the company hates LGBT+ people" crops up.

If people can disassociate THQ Nordic from literally spearheading white supremacist, queerphobic paedophilic terrorists onto their social media, encouraged and supported by heads of the company - then our plight is a lost cause.

It ends up just being a "hot take". It starts becoming an inconvenience to see that their favourite companies or their favourite games actually harbour some transphobic, homophobic or racist content, or that some of the higher ups condone this kind of behaviour because they don't want to feel bad about consuming that content.

Like, I really don't judge people who want to play Cyberpunk, I ain't got no leg in this race as I like Persona. Despite the awful homophobia and transphobia Atlus displays in their games, at least I will call it out when I can and not come up with any kind of silly defence I can.
Like, why are people on the defencive? Just admit it is what it is and play your game.

Also Lady Gaga is legendary, you either love her or you're wrong.

Giudecca

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Misrepresenting a member's posting history, inflammatory point of comparison

After your comments about Etika, you really shouldn't be pointing fingers about other people being toxic, dude.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Youre just not a gamer, thats nice
Yes. I'm glad we've established that no, my entire identity is not based on what type of media I consume nor do I view games as the sole form of entertainment that defines me. Anyone is free to call themselves a gamer, I make a choice not to do so. 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After your comments about Etika, you really shouldn't be pointing fingers about other people being toxic, dude.

Oh you mean calling him out on his homophobic and racist comments back in April? Yeah he said problematic shit and deserved to be called out but please bring up something I said in the recent thread?

Go back to GAF. I'm sure you saw my name on some list there because someone put my name out there, otherwise trying to go through my post history just to find something to call me out on is creepy af.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

We need 80's songs in the game. I hope you can use your own songs in the game, like gta (on pc at least)

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In another thread on the front page we've got an OP about Dragon Quest and how great of a series is...Without any mention of the fact that one of the pillars of the series actively anti-LGBTQ+ and a Japanese war crime denier. People around here genuinely don't care about these issues.

Giudecca

Oct 27, 2017
I"m not....you know what, I'm not dealing with this or your behavior. Feel free to ignore your own chance at self-reflection. Putting you on ignore.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If people can disassociate THQ Nordic from literally spearheading white supremacist, queerphobic paedophilic terrorists onto their social media, encouraged and supported by heads of the company - then our plight is a lost cause.

It ends up just being a "hot take". It starts becoming an inconvenience to see that their favourite companies or their favourite games actually harbour some transphobic, homophobic or racist content, or that some of the higher ups condone this kind of behaviour because they don't want to feel bad about consuming that content.

Like, I really don't judge people who want to play Cyberpunk, I ain't got no leg in this race as I like Persona. Despite the awful homophobia and transphobia Atlus displays in their games, at least I will call it out when I can and not come up with any kind of silly defence I can.
Like, why are people on the defencive? Just admit it is what it is and play your game.

Also Lady Gaga is legendary, you either love her or you're wrong.
People shouldn't be afraid of more nuanced perspectives. I love Persona myself, and yet I've contributed to the spread of information regarding Hashino's views and the content in the games. I understand feeling guilty for liking games with problematic content or owned by companies that project a problematic image, but you have to be aware of what you like and what you don't. And yeah, it's a difficult subject. I love Sugiyama's music, but I feel conflicted because he's living garbage as a person, so I also openly condemn him for that and would never defend him.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I"m not....you know what, I'm not dealing with this or your behavior. Feel free to ignore your own chance at self-reflection. Putting you on ignore.
You are the one mentioning it and then acting all evasive? What's the point of this, rather than just trying to discredit the poster without actually saying why so that they can defend themselves?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oh you mean calling him out on his homophobic and racist comments back in April? Yeah he said problematic shit and deserved to be called out but please bring up something I said in the recent thread?

Go back to GAF. I'm sure you saw my name on some list there because someone put my name out there, otherwise trying to go through my post history just to find something to call me out on is creepy af.

Just do what professional "post history hunter" above your reply did a long time ago, make your profile private, that should put the creep factor on hold a bit.

Way more concerned about whether or not Cyberpunk is going to mediocre at this point.

I don't believe that for a second, though I imagine some parts of the internet would melt.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Im not a gamer fam. 😃...
but you do play games more often than regular people and you work in the industry and you participate in hardcore gaming forums , do you not? Youre just not a gamer, thats nice
Yes. I'm glad we've established that no, my entire identity is not based on what type of media I consume nor do I view games as the sole form of entertainment that defines me. Anyone is free to call themselves a gamer, I make a choice not to do so. 🤷‍♂️
Wait, I've always been puzzled by the weird hypocrisy of people around here always saying stuff like "gamers are trash" whilst posting on a gaming forum. I just figured it was some weird sort of tongue in cheek inside joke or something.

But you mean to tell me that people around here that play made games, and post on wildly active gaming forum have actually convinced themselves they somehow aren't gamers? Tone is very hard to discern over the internet, especially around here, so I'm honestly not sure if there is a layer of sarcasm I'm missing but are we serious right now?