• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what you thought you were trying to prove. We already know most of you don't actually care about LGBT people. As long as it doesn't get in the way of game time.
Nice logic there buddy. I was talking about the insane amount of hate the game keeps getting on ERA on several subjects, (first-person only, "not really a cyberpunk game", CDPR completely shit PR), but go ahead and label me as an alt-right.

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
Nice logic there buddy. I was talking about everything about the insane amount of hate the game keeps getting on ERA on several subjects, (first-person only, "not really a cyberpunk game", CDPR completely shit PR), but go ahead and label me as an alt-right.
Transphobia and general apathy towards LGBT people isn't exclusive to the Alt-Right
More like:
I'm not against hiring LGBTQ activists, I have LGBTQ workers
Milo Yiannopoulos is gay

Oct 26, 2017

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I'm going to laugh a lot when Cyberpunk 2077 ends up winning ERA's 2020 GOTY.

But The Last Of Us Part 2 is coming out in 2020.

Where your laugh at now, sis.

giphy.gif

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
"Im not anti LGBT, I have LGBT workers" is quite a take.
More that "This entire company hates gay people because of a few bad PR scandals" is a revisionist take that spreads the blame across an entire company when it could be more effectively put on a few individuals.

It's fine if you don't buy the game because you're uncomfortable with what they've shown. Declaring that it's "company culture" to oppose LGBT values is just meaningless hearsay that works against your own argument.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She might have recorded a song for the game. I mean, why else would she visit CD Projeck Red's headquarters if she isn't involved in the game somehow?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I just love when the str8s start catching feelings when someone points out that the company that is making something they love (even if it hasn't released yet lmao) may have some bad history in their treatment to people from any of the LGBTQ+ groups.

Is just so typical and boring that you would think they should know better at this point but alas...

EDIT: Oh, and also pretending that someone that won an Oscar and got a hit album this year is NOT popular... I have to chortle.

ANYWAY! We know Lady Fadga is not in Cyberpunk because she is busy composing new music for Bayonetta 3 as we speak. Bless~

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
how utterly reductive.
Hey if you want to ignore how people reacted after several bigoted tweets and a very clearly transphobic illustration of Cyberpunk 2077 thats on you.

Oh yes, because comparing this pos to 500+ people at CDPR is a perfectly logic thing to do, congratulations.
Jesus, people are really fragile when their favorite million dollar companies are criticized. Its pretty clear that CDPR tactictly supports bigotry. Their reaction to previous offenses shows everything you need to know. Its on them to prove otherwise with Cyberpunk which, if it delivers on the promise of trans and nonbinary options, could regain a lot of goodwill.

Some of you really struggle to understand that someone criticizing what "the company" projects doesnt mean that every single person in the company is a nazi, come on now.

More that "This entire company hates gay people because of a few bad PR scandals" is a revisionist take that spreads the blame across an entire company when it could be more effectively put on a few individuals.

It's fine if you don't buy the game because you're uncomfortable with what they've shown. Declaring that it's "company culture" to oppose LGBT values is just meaningless hearsay that works against your own argument.

They had transphobic tweets and their response to the backlash was awful, thats all I know. Maybe its part of the "company culture", maybe its not, I dont care. What I care about is when a big company spreads anti LGBT nonsense, and they have done that.

"A few bad PR scandals" is a kind way of saying "sharing transphobic messages and illustrations", by the way.

Also, even if Cyberpunk 2077 delivers on the promise of nonbinary genders, i wont buy it new because of the mistreatment of workers.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is not having Lady Gaga in your game proof of anti-LGBTQ? I'm confused what this controversy is about.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find this part interesting:

So if she isn't in Cyberpunk, is she collaborating with the studio on another project? Did they attempt to get her on board for Cyberpunk but the deal didn't work out? Or is this report just false? Why else would she appear at their studio in Warsaw?

Edit: I'm perfectly cool with having as few celebrity cameos/roles in the game as possible.
Maybe she's still doing music for it, just not actually appearing in it? Or maybe both sides were considering a collaboration that fell through in the end.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i was wondering why this thread was close to 4 pages so quickly

what the hell did y'all get up to while i was away

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, people are really fragile when their favorite million dollar companies are criticized. Its pretty clear that CDPR tactictly supports bigotry. Their reaction to previous offenses shows everything you need to know. Its on them to prove otherwise with Cyberpunk which, if it delivers on the promise of trans and nonbinary options, could regain a lot of goodwill.

Some of you really struggle to understand that someone criticizing what "the company" projects doesnt mean that every single person in the company is a nazi, come on now.

Classic response: "You are a fragile fanboy because i attacked your favourite (????) company".
And no, if you say "CDPR is anti-LGTBQ" you are claiming that all the people inside the studio are anti-LGTBQ and we have proofs that they are not, but you are going to ignore the proofs because of course.

very clearly transphobic illustration of Cyberpunk 2077 thats on you.

Maybe read this next time
www.polygon.com

CD Projekt Red explains controversial Cyberpunk in-game ad featuring trans model

What a hypersexualized in-fiction ad reveals about the highly anticipated RPG