• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
They should show Harley Queen as she would be in reality. The kind of pathetic, deeply broken person who writes love letters to mass murderers. Nothing about this character makes sense as YASS QUEEN.

Nothing has even been said about this movie except who is in it and that it's a musical.

We literally know nothing about the characters

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

lmao

Exhibitionist attention whore.

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Yeah she can sing but she has no soul.

excuse me. If this has no soul what has

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4XOT14Ku94

Oct 29, 2017
I just could not be less excited about this, to be honest. I enjoyed Joker, but a musical sequel with Lady Gaga joining the cast is just a bit much.

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
I thought the first film kinda sucked but I like Gaga and musicals so I'm definitely intrigued.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Not really seeing Gaga as HQ. But I like the idea of the movie being a musical.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Aight, I was wrong about him fashioning his appearance, but my point was always the concerns were about copycats.

Like it didn't get headlines, but there was increased security for BVS opening weekend too because of Aurora. And by you're definition that was completely "unrelated" too.

There was concern about copycats for all movie theaters immediately after for that reason too. And pretty much any major murder in the news. The Joker was not in The Dark Knight Rises or Batman V Superman. I don't recall there being issues with security for any other movie that Batman appeared in or any of the Suicide Squad movies. Only The Joker, essentially because someone believed that the shooter was inspired by the Joker and spread it on the news.

Stop tying this to Batman/Joker. He picked the theater because it was guaranteed to be a full theater. It could've been literally any summer blockbuster.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
When posters on era decide they hate something before it releases, it makes discussion of it tiring.

See Aquaman, people were convinced it would be bad. Trailer threads etc were all a chore, and even when the movie dropped people were posting as if it was a bad movie.

Guess the same applied to Joker and here too.

I'm not sure the first needed a sequel, and I'm not really interested in Harley and Joker having a romance.

But I don't think Gaga would sign up for something like that, let's hope there's more to it.

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
It's not a competition lol, I love Beyoncé

What's up with "There can only be ONE" mentality. Beyoncé being awesome doesn't make Gaga "average"
Because if we're gonna give Lady Gaga her flowers for being an "icon" then Beyoncé deserves a rain forest for her accomplishments. And around here people like her don't get the respect that she deserves. It's definitely a competition btw. If u don't think Gaga wanted or wants to be bigger and better than Beyoncé ur wrong. I don't believe in the there can only be one mentality at all btw. I'm just speaking in how I feel about it is all. I think Gaga is super freaking talent y'all but the praise and adoration I don't think has been earned yet.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Because if we're gonna give Lady Gaga her flowers for being an "icon" then Beyoncé deserves a rain forest for her accomplishments. And around here people like her don't get the respect that she deserves. It's definitely a competition btw. If u don't think Gaga wanted or wants to be bigger and better than Beyoncé ur wrong. I don't believe in the there can only be one mentality at all btw. I'm just speaking in how I feel about it is all. I think Gaga is super freaking talent y'all but the praise and adoration I don't think has been earned yet.

Gaga and Beyonce are my two faves by a country mile but no, it's not a competition, like at all. Gaga can't do what Bey does and Bey can't do what Gaga does. And Beyoncé gets her flowers every day; she's the greatest living entertainer and anyone who isn't delusional agrees with that. Gaga would probably agree too. :)

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
Gaga and Beyonce are my two faves by a country mile but no, it's not a competition, like at all. Gaga can't do what Bey does and Bey can't do what Gaga does. And Beyoncé gets her flowers every day; she's the greatest living entertainer and anyone who isn't delusional agrees with that. Gaga would probably agree too. :)
Beyoncé can't do what Gaga does!! Are u serious?? You don't think these young artist grow up saying that they want to be the best that ever was? That's competition. On her new album Beyoncé literally says no one can compete with her. U can think it's not a competition if u want but Beyoncé will out do anything Gaga can do in stage.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Beyoncé can't do what Gaga does!! Are u serious?? You don't think these young artist grow up saying that they want to be the best that ever was? That's competition. On her new album Beyoncé literally says no one can compete with her. U can think it's not a competition if u want but Beyoncé will out do anything Gaga can do in stage.
Beyoncé doesn't play any instruments live, so the statement is accurate.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017

Beyoncé can't act, play an instrument, or write a hit. She has other gifts, and does those better than anyone though. That's why it's not a competition

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
not a fan of her as an actress, but I'm sure the flick will be bringing something different to the table than the standard Harley, so we'll see how it goes

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of fans of the first movie are probably going to hate it but could be pretty funny.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Funniest thing about the original to me is it seemed like Phillips and co don't like or I guess about care comic book films but they ended up making a great Joker in the end anyway.

Like...he feels like any good movie adaption of that character in that final act. You could have plugged Phoenix's performance into something like Reeve's Batman and he wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb to me at all.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

As far as we know Beyoncé has no interest in being an actress, much less in Joker 2 The Musical, so it's not a competition and don't know why the conversation came to this at all lol

I do agree she deserves the world

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's interesting, if nothing else.

Didn't like the first despite some elements being well executed.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
to me gaga fits more classic, sophisticated roles like she's been playing in gucci and a star is born

harley quinn is …unstable. gaga doesn't fit that, i don't buy her as crazy
What about the Countess from American Horror Story?

However I will say I do get your point. However I do believe that she can actually play any role, she play the role of pop star who does things to freak people out for years after all.

While she is not the first casting idea for Harley Quinn, she is a welcome one.

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
Beyoncé can't act, play an instrument, or write a hit. She has other gifts, and does those better than anyone though. That's why it's not a competition
Fuck outta here. She was nominated for dream girls and nominated for an Oscar for Dreamgirls. Can't write a hit? When was Lady Gaga's last hit?

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
As far as we know Beyoncé has no interest in being an actress, much less in Joker 2 The Musical, so it's not a competition and don't know why the conversation came to this at all lol

I do agree she deserves the world
How do you know she wasn't interested? It seems like Lady Gaga can't do music anymore and has pivoted to acting.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
What about the Countess from American Horror Story?

However I will say I do get your point. However I do believe that she can actually play any role, she play the role of pop star who does things to freak people out for years after all.

While she is not the first casting idea for Harley Quinn, she is a welcome one.
I don't get the point precisely because of what you said. She spent years playing into camp as a musical artist, if anything she's more suited to these exaggerated roles than a lot of actors.

Also, she's actually from NYC so there's is significantly less possibility of her accent being like nails on a chalkboard like some Harley performances.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, that's what most people said about Ledger and Joker.

You don't even need to think that way to dismiss the posters criticism IMO.

Phoenix's Joker is not even rooted in the comics in the same way Ledger's was. It's a very different iteration, with a much different backstory, a different look and in a much more grounded world than even Nolan's Batman. Phoenix could have played a very good, comic accurate Joker but they went a different way and it worked. Why should Gaga be more beholden to comic accurate Harley than Phoenix is with Joker?

This is probably Mad Love: The Musical. She might be Harleen for longer than she's Harley.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
If it wasn't a musical Gaga being cast as HQ would be a dream casting alongside Phoenix. Has the possibility to be the best Harley we have had so far.

But it's a musical so my hype remains at zero 😕

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I don't get the point precisely because of what you said. She spent years playing into camp as a musical artist, if anything she's more suited to these exaggerated roles than a lot of actors.

Also, she's actually from NYC so there's is significantly less possibility of her accent being like nails on a chalkboard like some Harley performances.
What I'm saying is that Stefani Germanotta has proven for a long time, she can play the role given to her.

Become Lady Gaga! Okay I'll were freakish outfits and make them love me.

Become the Countess in American Horror Story! Okay I'll do that make them love me.

Become the starving artist Ally! Okay I'll become that and I'll make them love me.

Become a convinced criminal Patrizia Reggiani! Okay I'll become them ad make them love me.

For this casting as a original New Yorker this job is "So make my accent more Jersey, and make them love me"

And even the Harley Quinn animated series showed us that the Jersey accent isn't required to make her who she is.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm saying is that Stefani Germanotta has proven for a long time, she can play the role given to her.

Become Lady Gaga! Okay I'll were freakish outfits and make them love me.

Become the Countess in American Horror Story! Okay I'll do that make them love me.

Become the starving artist Ally! Okay I'll become that and I'll make them love me.

Become a convinced criminal Patrizia Reggiani! Okay I'll become them ad make them love me.
I was agreeing with you about Lady Gaga, disagreeing in regards to Lunchbox reasoning being sensible.