• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghettomould

Game Sound
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
New Zealand
Remember Me had a great city, wasn't so open world though. Would like to see something like that.

Would dig a remake of Jak 2 and 3 to see those cities.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm very curious to see just how vertical the exploration will be in CP2077, it will def be a bummer if most of it takes place at ground level. I know the devs said there's an ability that lets you scale buildings but hopefully there are various tiered districts higher and higher up. Pretty sure we know about the wealthy district that's high up in the city.

As for the OP I'd love this too but without a many year production with tons of dollars behind it like 2077 it I don't see the actual city design and exploration to be that rewarding. If everything looks the same that's not really that interesting, though once machine learning/AI made assets become more sophisticated in game dev I can see this being the solution to filling out details in one of these megalopolis type environments.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very curious to see just how vertical the exploration will be in CP2077, it will def be a bummer if most of it takes place at ground level. I know the devs said there's an ability that lets you scale buildings but hopefully there are various tiered districts higher and higher up. Pretty sure we know about the wealthy district that's high up in the city.

As for the OP I'd love this too but without a many year production with tons of dollars behind it like 2077 it I don't see the actual city design and exploration to be that rewarding. If everything looks the same that's not really that interesting, though once machine learning/AI made assets become more sophisticated in game dev I can see this being the solution to filling out details in one of these megalopolis type environments.

Well they removed wall climbing from CP2077 so there won't be that kind of vertical exploration. You will be able to enter some buildings i guess or climb on facade in specific cases.

orange_googoo

Jul 30, 2018
Germany (Bavaria)
There's a game coming out call LOW-FI which looks like it has a nice city to play around in.
Its a VR game though
store.steampowered.com

LOW-FI on Steam

You're the sheriff of cityblock 303, a retro-futuristic cyberpunk slum where the only inhabitants of note are other "low-fi". Humans too poor to jack into the platform, and rusting old robots that didn't achieve the intelligence singularity. What you do with your time is up to you. Are you a...

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Would be amazing to see more games like that but it's an asset creation nightmare. And gamers would want the streets to by bustling with NPCs to boot. It's just not technically or financially feasible for most developers out there.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I'd be all in for an open world Astral Chain where you go around in Central City, that setting is fabulous and more games should take example.
Cyberpunk 2077 seems cool and all, but the game itself doesn't appeal as much as the settings