• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Been playing the Switch version, enjoying it so far as someone that likes Disgaea and Etrian Odyssey games. I really like the theming/aesthetics of the game, being more grim dark fantasy over the standard fantasy of most JRPGs. The female playable character designs can be questionable, but you only see the character's face 90% of the time at least. Just got the ability to have 7 characters which is a fun time ^^ I'm tempted to make more tanks despite already having 3 of them XD

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017
Switch demo is really lengthy and giving me a good feel for the game, I think I'll get it. At one point I was wondering how to mark stuff on the map :p I hope more people give it a go.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
So wait, how do you use items in battle? I've gone this entire time without using them in battle, but I have a bunch that say to do it then. Is it a Pact or something I missed?

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
You make me sad. So be it!
The demo idea probably came from nisa since a demo didn't exist in Japan. It was also pretty last minute with it launching next to the game itself. So it was probably a matter of resources and switch became a priority since sales are stronger there.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Have to go find gnome blood and something else so I'm just wandering around that town grinding xp. Haven't found the stuff I need yet tho :/

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
So, I'm on the first dungeon on B3 and I got the item that I needed to present to Ferryman but I talk to him and nothing happens. Does anybody know what to do here?

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
I was under the impression that lower charm = more likely to be attacked by enemies. Do I have that backwards? I've noticed that, despite having much higher charm, my aster knight gets targeted way more often than my tank.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I was under the impression that lower charm = more likely to be attacked by enemies. Do I have that backwards? I've noticed that, despite having much higher charm, my aster knight gets targeted way more often than my tank.

High charm = less likely to be attacked with the exception of certain enemies that attack High charm characters relentlessly

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Just played the demo. Will literally run to the store tomorrow to grab this.

Had that effect on me too. Haven't played one of these types since the first demon gaze. Don't know why I ever stopped, this style of game is so fun for me. I skip all cutscenes and story stuff just cause I wanna see number go up lol.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Loving this game so far. Fun first person dungeon crawling with tons of deep gameplay systems and characters that look straight out of Disgaea. I hadn't even heard of it before I saw it on the Eshop!!

Only 5 hours in and maybe Im stupid but how can you leave a dungeon other than dying or walking back to the 1st floor exit?? The one thing driving me bonkers and Im sure the answer will be obvious lol

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Loving this game so far. Fun first person dungeon crawling with tons of deep gameplay systems and characters that look straight out of Disgaea. I hadn't even heard of it before I saw it on the Eshop!!

Only 5 hours in and maybe Im stupid but how can you leave a dungeon other than dying or walking back to the 1st floor exit?? The one thing driving me bonkers and Im sure the answer will be obvious lol
Witch's Bell item, or Mud Exit which will become available form the Witch petition menu after a while.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Witch's Bell item, or Mud Exit which will become available form the Witch petition menu after a while.

Oh thank god!!! Thanks for the answer I was worried there was no easy way.

Anyways, if you like 1st person dungeon crawlers this one is a lot of fun. Music is good, voice acting is SHOCKINGLY good, and it seems like one of those games with tons of content. Highly recommended from me !

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
Am I screwed? The ferry guy
won't let me through the Marsh, instead he tells me about a way of getting to the other side from the above floor which I do. I might have messed up with the golem, didn't a understand him back when I first met him and now I can't find him so I don't think I have the Marsh lamp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Am I screwed? The ferry guy
won't let me through the Marsh, instead he tells me about a way of getting to the other side from the above floor which I do. I might have messed up with the golem, didn't a understand him back when I first met him and now I can't find him so I don't think I have the Marsh lamp.

Any help would be appreciated.
No. Keep exploring.

You get the Marsh lamp from someone else.

You just talk to them and scare them into giving it to you.

I think you can end up fighting them if you make them angry but I haven't done it.

Subterra - B3, X:22 Y:08

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
No. Keep exploring.

You get the Marsh lamp from someone else.

You just talk to them and scare them into giving it to you.

I think you can end up fighting them if you make them angry but I haven't done it.

Subterra - B3, X:22 Y:08

Hmm, do you mean the giant green-haired lady with a talking bird? I thought she was some optional boss I'm not supposed to provoke until laterecently in the game.
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017
Was I
supposed to kill Domina? I started on the toy solider world and am not sure if I'm missing any good loot from her. Or am I just getting a ton of karma

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even know this came out. Between finishing dq11 and vc4 coming out soon this will have to wait. I'll add it to my wishlist so I don't forget again.

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Was I
supposed to kill Domina? I started on the toy solider world and am not sure if I'm missing any good loot from her. Or am I just getting a ton of karma
Supposed to, as in required? No.

I hear she has some strong armor (from what I'm hearing 300 to 1000 def strong) and get 30 karma if you kill her.

You can get a repeatable witch pact that removes 99 karma later in the game so that won't be an issue.

Although it seems like there are implications later on though.

Last edited:

cairngorm

Oct 25, 2017

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
As a newcomer to the genre I am having a lot of fun with this game to the point I'll probably check what other dungeon crawlers have to offer. Don't sleep on this game, people.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I've just cleared the boss (?) of the 4th area, and am trying to figure out what to do next. Anybody got tips? Spoilers follow:

Baba Yaga showed up and yanked the key that we found. I haven't found an antechamber in Verdant Phenom, and the game is giving no guidance on where to go next. Should I return to Campanula and explore levels 4+ there? I found the secret passage that leads down, but the slime enemies are a royal pain to deal with. Or have I missed a link to the next area proper somewhere?

Update: figured it out; I was missing an antechamber in the 4th area. It's a bit odd how the game will apparently let you see a sneak preview of the next area before you complete the current one.

Last edited:

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
My copy just came in (preordered from Amazon US, but as I am not in the US I never get my games delivered day 1).

Still need to finish Victor Vran (which I find very enjoyable), but once that's done, this one is definitely next in line. I love dungeon crawlers, so am really looking forward to it!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So I just beat the Gnome Town Dungeon, and got the Witch Petition to get barrels that can be made into soul vials. How exactly do I do that? Is that something I unlock later? I'd want to get more puppet soldiers now if I'm able to, but I'll just progress if I can't do that yet.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
So I just beat the Gnome Town Dungeon, and got the Witch Petition to get barrels that can be made into soul vials. How exactly do I do that? Is that something I unlock later? I'd want to get more puppet soldiers now if I'm able to, but I'll just progress if I can't do that yet.

You just need to progress a tiny bit into the third area. When you get the alchemy pot, you can start breaking those down.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I think I am done with this game.

Last boss from main story is so cheap it made me rage quit. Furia is also BS and it basically boils down to RNG.

I played a lot but do not feel like grinding anymore.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm... going to have to finish the 5th area here before I can start bringing this game on the bus to work again. The upper reaches have lots of very NSFW enemies.

ShinNoNoir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
This is my first time playing a dungeon crawler and I'm quite enjoying it. Not very far yet (3rd floor, 1st dungeon), but I never expected dungeon crawling could be this intense. I managed to explore the third floor to a degree that I have to return and report my progress, but I was like "Nah, not yet. Let me check out this adjacent room". Well, that decision made me stumble upon a golem boss fight which I barely manage to win (my DP was so low that I could only do a single Rock Crusher when I started the fight). Then on the way back I noticed I could no longer see the enemies on the map because they were now of a higher rank. I was so relieved when I finally got back safely and didn't lose any progress.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
This is my first time playing a dungeon crawler and I'm quite enjoying it. Not very far yet (3rd floor, 1st dungeon), but I never expected dungeon crawling could be this intense. I managed to explore the third floor to a degree that I have to return and report my progress, but I was like "Nah, not yet. Let me check out this adjacent room". Well, that decision made me stumble upon a golem boss fight which I barely manage to win (my DP was so low that I could only do a single Rock Crusher when I started the fight). Then on the way back I noticed I could no longer see the enemies on the map because they were now of a higher rank. I was so relieved when I finally got back safely and didn't lose any progress.

You couldn't see the enemies on the map because of the stench status effects. Other than that glad your enjoying it!