• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Fiance got this when opening up her Kindle Fire. Surprisingly it only references the Switch version:
DPBH6S9WAAAf2By.jpg

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Need to grab this again. Still have my PS3 copy in the closet. Always loved the soundtrack to this game. Minor 9th is great listen.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017

Isn't ps4 base 1080p? That's what Switch is as well. Only 4k versions are pro and 1x

Fiance got this when opening up her Kindle Fire. Surprisingly it only references the Switch version:
DPBH6S9WAAAf2By.jpg

Yeah they are pushing the Switch version hard on youtube as well. The R* upload of the Switch reveal trailer has 1.7m views because its a youtube ad. There is a separate 4k reveal trailer but only has 500k views. I think Nintendo is paying for some of this.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Nice OT. I'm willing to finish the game again but I don't know which version to get PS4 or XB1

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'm in the Vice cases now, forgot how much I enjoyed the game. The unintentional humor and Cole when he is yelling at a POI he had just met and for no reason, hell most of the over the top acting from Cole during interrogations. I've seem to have gotten much better at driving since the last time I played, thanks to all the open world in the 6 years since I played last, on the PS3 pretty sure I killed more people driving than the murders I investigated. My hat keeps getting knocked off still...

Some of the things I still don't like, not being able to skip cutscenes BECAUSE when you fail it sometimes takes you back and have to replay and relisten to cutscenes – street crimes are the worst.

Had one issue on the remaster that I don't recall on the PS3… This happened to me three times – the game would say it was saving and I'd quit, when I log back on rolled me back – once was about 30-40 minutes, the entire finale of one of the traffic cases. I've started new cases and wait until I get the first save notification in the case before quitting, and of course no issues since then..so I just restart the case.

Fledgling

Oct 27, 2017
England
Absolutely love the setting and style. The actual detective gameplay is pretty lame though.

Felt as though I was stabbing in the dark for most of the interrogations or using the right evidence but for the wrong questions.

Knowing about the facial tells also spoiled it for me. The perps would often be so blatant that I thought I was usually walking into a trap.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just started this and in the first Traffic case and I remember now what I hate most about this game.

You may have evidence against someone and hit accuse but then you will ask them something that you don't expect and they will ask you to prove it leading to an incorrect choice. Like they say one thing, you think "I have evidence against that" *hits accuse* "I know you (insert thing that may or may not even be related) and I have evidence to prove it" and it's something that I didn't think about or suspect.

I know that sounds vague but iirc, it felt like that a lot throughout the game when I played it originally on PS3. But oh well.

edit: also fuck at not being able to skip cutscenes or dialogue when retrying things >_<

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
I'd played some of LA Noire a couple years ago on my modest PC set-up. For whatever reason it ran like absolute balls, even though similar open world games performed fine. I remembered liking the game's premise and the more laid-back tone, so I bought it on Switch yesterday (along with a bigger SD card). So far, no complaints. Looks crisp on both TV and handheld. The framerate is a pretty consistent 30fps, though there are some minor dips when driving or when there's a lot going on.

I bought it physically, and the front of the box has the same "SD Card required" warning that NBA 2K18 has. However the update patch was apparently 7 gigs or less (even though the back of the box reads 14 gigs required). Not sure what that's about, but it appears that it could technically fit into internal memory fine. I just find that weird because I'd recently rented Doom, which did NOT have a warning on the front of the box, but wouldn't let me play it until I downloaded a huge patch which was that multiplayer addition everyone was talking about. Apparently I could have sidestepped it if I was in airplane mode? But I guess my rambling point is that the documentation regarding SD Card requirements on the Switch physical games needs to be improved upon.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Gameplay recording paused, gameplay recording resumed. I never seen this annoying notification this much in a game before. Can I deactivate it ffs?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Late bloomer on the eshop store, now up to 12th rank, it didn't chart days after release.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm in the Vice cases, really enjoying the game a lot. The Homicide cases in particular were all excellent. Keen to see how this game ends.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I really really want to like this game, but it's got some major problems that hold me back from enjoying it. I bought it way back when it was initially released but there were quite few things that really turned me off from the game, namely the interrogations so I ended up never completing it. I decided to give it another chance, as I really loved the setting and voice acting, but I see this might never be for me unfortunately.

The interrogation system is the worst offender for me. It's just flat out illogical on occasion, some of the jumps in logic that the game expects you to come to with when asking certain questions are ridiculous. It's literally like a jump from A all the way to Z at times. In other cases, the questions you ask the suspect initially isn't relevent, and Cole will only bring up important details/questions when you hit "Lie", and meaning you might hit Truth or Doubt based on the initial questions/suspect response and screw up.

My other huge gripe is in something that there's no excuse for in 2017; Unskippable cutscenes. I believe the original had this problem as well, but since this is an remaster, there's no excuse why this wasn't added in. Lastly, the autosave is just terrible. It's very erratic, and you can never really tell when it's really saving your game. I went through a long stretch of a case visiting 2 different places, and doing 1 interrogation in the process, decided to call it quits and ended the game. However, When I returned I was back at the first location (Even though I saw the 'saving' message multiple times). If this was really a remaster, both of these problems should have been fixed upon re-release, neither should have been too hard to fix, especially the cutscene crap.

I'm so disappointed, since I love the setting and atmosphere that this game has, I love Noire and I feel they nailed the feeling of it perfectly. However, there's too many gameplay issues holding me back from truly loving this game. I might just keep pushing through just to complete, but I truly wish I could enjoy the complete package, and not just the setting/story.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I really really want to like this game, but it's got some major problems that hold me back from enjoying it. I bought it way back when it was initially released but there were quite few things that really turned me off from the game, namely the interrogations so I ended up never completing it. I decided to give it another chance, as I really loved the setting and voice acting, but I see this might never be for me unfortunately.

The interrogation system is the worst offender for me. It's just flat out illogical on occasion, some of the jumps in logic that the game expects you to come to with when asking certain questions are ridiculous. It's literally like a jump from A all the way to Z at times. In other cases, the questions you ask the suspect initially isn't relevent, and Cole will only bring up important details/questions when you hit "Lie", and meaning you might hit Truth or Doubt based on the initial questions/suspect response and screw up.

My other huge gripe is in something that there's no excuse for in 2017; Unskippable cutscenes. I believe the original had this problem as well, but since this is an remaster, there's no excuse why this wasn't added in. Lastly, the autosave is just terrible. It's very erratic, and you can never really tell when it's really saving your game. I went through a long stretch of a case visiting 2 different places, and doing 1 interrogation in the process, decided to call it quits and ended the game. However, When I returned I was back at the first location (Even though I saw the 'saving' message multiple times). If this was really a remaster, both of these problems should have been fixed upon re-release, neither should have been too hard to fix, especially the cutscene crap.

I'm so disappointed, since I love the setting and atmosphere that this game has, I love Noire and I feel they nailed the feeling of it perfectly. However, there's too many gameplay issues holding me back from truly loving this game. I might just keep pushing through just to complete, but I truly wish I could enjoy the complete package, and not just the setting/story.
Which version do you have? I have the Switch version, and there is no "Lie", "Truth"or "Doubt" prompts, now it's "Good Cop", "Bad Cop" and "Accuse", and these rather make sense. Also, I am able to skip cut scenes after they played once by clicking on the "A" button.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
This thing looks amazing on the Switch screen, holds up well against what I played on PC few years ago.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Which version do you have? I have the Switch version, and there is no "Lie", "Truth"or "Doubt" prompts, now it's "Good Cop", "Bad Cop" and "Accuse", and these rather make sense. Also, I am able to skip cut scenes after they played once by clicking on the "A" button.

I have the PS4 version. It's listed as "Good cop, bad cop", but I was just referring to "Lie, Truth, or Doubt" as that's what it was originally was, and still makes sense to me practically. As far as the cutscenes go, there's no skipping them as far as I can tell, first time or otherwise. I've literally hit every button on the controller and it does nothing (Besides start, which pauses), which is beyond annoying as you can imagine.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I have the PS4 version. It's listed as "Good cop, bad cop", but I was just referring to "Lie, Truth, or Doubt" as that's what it was originally was, and still makes sense to me practically. As far as the cutscenes go, there's no skipping them as far as I can tell, first time or otherwise. I've literally hit every button on the controller and it does nothing (Besides start, which pauses), which is beyond annoying as you can imagine.
Strange, works fine on the Switch

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I forgot how much this game was fun. Every time there's a police despatch I answer to them and go do some street crimes. Sometimes I don't wanna drive so I let my partner do that for me instead

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Started renting this today. My first impressions were not good; within 10 minutes I got stuck behind a crate and had to restart, and because the game has rubbish checkpoints I had to play from the beginning again.

Looks great on the Switch though. Hoping things get better from here.

EDIT: 5 mins later and my car crashed into a rail and got stuck. Fuck sake.

Last edited:

ProfeOne

Oct 27, 2017
This game on the Switch is possibly one of the best experiences I've had this gen. Can't wait to try Skyrim and Doom on this.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of getting this as I played about half but really weirded out by good cop bad cop Change. How is it? Does it make sense? I feel like it wouldn't work but just wondering, any thoughts?

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
If you liked Phoenix Wright: look for clues, use those clues when interrogating a suspect, this is your game.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Seems it'll be available for pick-up at the local library soon.

Should I bother with this remaster? Is it a big upgrade? Or would I be better served finally finishing the original version from last-gen, which I bought and hardly played?

jmizzal

Oct 27, 2017
Late bloomer on the eshop store, now up to 12th rank, it didn't chart days after release.

It has always been on the charts top 15 in NA

Also if we get a new game, I would love Chicago Mobster scene game, or Baltimore 90s simliar to The Wire - having to tap phones and pagers tracking down the drug dealers of the city, or Miami Vice City 80s with the rise of coke.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It has always been on the charts top 15 in NA

Also if we get a new game, I would love Chicago Mobster scene game, or Baltimore 90s simliar to The Wire - having to tap phones and pagers tracking down the drug dealers of the city, or Miami Vice City 80s with the rise of coke.
is eshop for all of NA? Didnt show up in Canada for a week after launch

Appreciate the info and insight as always

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
Done the first proper case just now and I'm in love with the game all over again. Needs a sequel!

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Currently in the White Shoe Slaying case. I'll finish all the cases then go for the platinum I guess