• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up in the florida humidity so this is nothing. Its not even 90 (though feel for the inland empire and antelope valley)

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
All I can do is blast the AC and stare at the pool from my window. The apartment complex has the pool on lock down. I wish they would have a sign up list for designated hours for residents or something....

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I didn't even realize we were in a heat wave since I haven't left my apartment in almost two months and there is central air, lol.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it was 84F in my house last night. Been a miserable week to not have a/c.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Just moved to NoHo from Playa Vista where it's usually a good 15 to even 20 cooler on hot days. Luckily this place has zoned AC so Im just running it in the rooms we are in so we dont bust it or contribute to possibly overloading the system.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
103 in Glendale. Never have I been more thankful to have central air.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
108 and fuck this heat. I had the Summer Discount savings plan with the electric company for years and canceled that shit quick. Edison kept cutting off our compressor for 6 hours due to the heat, even in the middle of the night.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The power went out earlier and this last weekend too. :(

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
110 here, literally Arizona weather. I'm really considering moving out California since it seems we're the first to get fucked by global warming. My AC has been running non stop since Friday and I have it set to 78.

Mars89

Banned
Nov 18, 2018
110 here, literally Arizona weather. I'm really considering moving out California since it seems we're the first to get fucked by global warming. My AC has been running non stop since Friday and I have it set to 78.
Im moved out of socal after an entire (30) year lifetime there and dont regret it 1 bit. The heat is insufferable and the trend is only going to continue

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Wishing I had air conditioning, thank god it's only 94 where I am

Still not missing sliding around in the snow in Central Park.

Oct 27, 2017
Long term plan is to move away. I hate the thought as we have everything within a long car trip but a solid winter.

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Im moved out of socal after an entire (30) year lifetime there and dont regret it 1 bit. The heat is insufferable and the trend is only going to continue
The thing that will get me is the fact that our overnight temperatures will only get hotter and hotter due to global warming. I've survived summers because actually get down to about 52 every night even if we get to 100 during the day. This heat wave, which is a glimpse into the future, is keeping our overnight temps at freaking low 70s, which doesn't give our house a chance to cool down. Last winter our night temperatures were super high. We typically freeze every night in the winter, like about 30 degrees but last winter we were in the lows 40s instead.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It was 106 when I check 10 minutes ago. It's quite a bit more pleasant than the 115 day back in 2018.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all hatin' but we had like 6 weeks of perfect weather from like July 1st - August 14th

Still heinous outside, though.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
My AC tower here in WeHo is sitting at a crisp 91.. been running since 11am and just steady climbing, no impact it seems.

I grew up in west Texas which was much hotter but everyone has AC.