• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

C3CB7A0D961327889273097474048_53a7dd99acb.9.0.10406310668013162928.mp4.jpg

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we'll get another league that's the brainchild of Kyrie and it'll work.

Sure lol

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Kyrie is a flat earth believer, who compared himself to MLK because the media was asking him to many questions.

He really isn't the one to look to for intelligent discourse on any subject.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
What does that even mean??

It's insane and a damn shame how all sports are a fucking disaster right now.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Multiple members of the Brooklyn nets are denying this report entirely and this reporter is a hack but people making shit up to attack kyrie to undercut what hes actually saying on this issue is nothing new.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I thought he was concerned about health though. How does starting a new league address that?

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Not an awful point - but is Kyrie really the guy to play a major role in pulling that off? He's a smart cat, but he's had a few issues.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
OK Kyrie. Make up your mind. Is it health? Is it to help support the BLM movement? Or is it to start your own league that negates your concern for health and pays thousands instead of millions keeping players from contributing financially to the BLM movement? Because you're confusing the fuck out of me.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Kyrie sucks but the players do have power. They need to use it if they think this plan is going to threaten their health.

Oct 26, 2017
This is why it was so weird people saying that Kyrie of all people, was trying to stop NBA play because of the protests. The timing just doesn't make sense.

Now if the stoppage was because of health concerns, it'd make 100% sense. Florida really shit all over the NBA's plans.

Oct 29, 2017
Not an awful point - but is Kyrie really the guy to play a major role in pulling that off? He's a smart cat, but he's had a few issues.
The reason why this is getting crapped on is because of Lebron Stans. If Lebron proposed this, the same posters that are calling Kyrie an moron would be calling Lebron the new Malcolm X. I agree with Kyrie, now isn't the time for NBA.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
The reason why this is getting crapped on is because of Lebron Stans. If Lebron proposed this, the same posters that are calling Kyrie an moron would be calling Lebron the new Malcolm X. I agree with Kyrie, now isn't the time for NBA.
That's not true. Avery Bradley isn't getting the same amount of hate because he is using this leverage in a way that actually seems helpful and will achieve results. Kyrie is the only member of the coalition making a whole ass of himself. Even Dwight has handled this better.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Kyrie sucks but the players do have power. They need to use it if they think this plan is going to threaten their health.

From everything I've seen on ESPN and such, its more about taking eyes off the movement happening right now than rona. Declining to play basketball to only start your own league to play basketball is out there.

With that said, if the reports are correct, then I'm finding that kind of silly. The NBA has a huge platform and people are thirsty for sports. Jerseys should have BLM's logos on them, the logo on the court should be BLM, they should bring up numbers and websites for places to donate to throughout the games. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Oct 29, 2017
That's not true. Avery Bradley isn't getting the same amount of hate because he is using this leverage in a way that actually seems helpful and will achieve results. Kyrie is the only member of the coalition making a whole ass of himself. Even Dwight has handled this better.
Avery Bradley isn't an Star player. Dwight Howard was getting hate this morning on the talk shows about this. Kyrie has become the poster child of not playing.