• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
This is horrible. The fact that the this was a rarer animation studio that cared about its employees makes it worse. Hearing about people being set on fire, I don't understand the mindset of someone who does this.

I hope the arrested person is the sole person responsible and that there won't be more incidents like this.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Hyouka is probably my favorite anime tv show of all time. I still want to believe that news about Takemoto Yasuhiro isnt true.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not concentrating at work. Only 70 people in the office, 20+ dead. To think those people lost their friends that sudden...

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
-9lddQ5-gfl1XiZ4vT3cSj6-7jd.jpg
source: https://www.weibo.com/u/3035190052?profile_ftype=1&is_all=1#_rnd1563451392084

Last edited:

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
This is messed up, saw the news early today and hoped the damage and casualties wouldn't be that severe.

That's a lot of lives wasted for no reason. Fuck the individual that plotted and executed this bullshit.

Don't post unconfirmed rumors!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
Reminder: Please do NOT post unconfirmed Twitter rumors. Check and double check your sources before you post new information. Make sure it's coming from a credible outlet.

This tragedy is upsetting enough without adding fake news (and unconfirmed deaths) to the mix. If you post misinformation with no source or a bad source, you may be moderated.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I'm really devastated, Kyoto's animes was one of the best things to help me get though my depression a while ago fuck I just want to cry right now.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Just saw the news on social media, this is terrible...

Thoughts and prayers to all the people involved and their families.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is fucking awful news to wake up to

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Can we not post fan art bullshit? Becausr man I think its way too fast for that kind of shit.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Holy shit. I went to bed last night when it was said like 10 injured. Haruhi is one of my favorite shows and K-On was pretty much the reason I picked up learning the guitar. Absolutely awful. This is worst than the Tokyo sarin attacks.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
There's a poster I regularly post into threads like this that list all the things not to do during breaking news, like not believing there's multiple shooters, not spreading twitter rumours, etc. I can't remember the poster though, I'm currently on my phone so not bookmarked.

Anyway, this is terrible and I want to donate to help the people affected.

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
Same applies for me with Hyouka.

He's believed to be deceased? I have no words...

I'd take most of what you read with a pinch of salt until there's any official confirmation or news from an obviously reputable source. One thing of note with KyoAni is that their staff are dissuaded from using social media, so a lot of the usual ways that common folk use to determine people's status following disasters these days are invalid in this case, so a lot of what is going around is pure conjecture at the moment.

Basically, if Shouji Gatou says he believes Ishihara is OK, that is probably accurate given those guys know history, but otherwise, try not to spread around other information on people's safety unless you read Japanese, are confident of the source, or both.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a poster I regularly post into threads like this that list all the things not to do during breaking news, like not believing there's multiple shooters, not spreading twitter rumours, etc. I can't remember the poster though, I'm currently on my phone so not bookmarked.

The language barrier is making this case even worse.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's been crazy following this thread. My heart goes out to those injured and those who escaped safely. And the families of the recently deceased. The pictures are terrifying so I can only imagine what it would be like for those in the building.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
I didn't know how much this could wreck me until someone posted Yasuhiro Takemoto's works because of the unconfirmed rumor earlier and I'm bloody almost collapse on the floor. JFC.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Jesus fucking Christ. Don't know them (not an anime fan) but that is irrelevant, the cost of human life here is tragic and RIP to the victims :(.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do think that massive image should be in a spoiler box for thread reading purposes, but calling it 'fan art bullshit' is a bit crude.
It might be but I dunno, I feel like a donation link would be better than art about anime girls disappearing in the fire. Like... There are people with critical injuries aka 3rd degree burns. Those are legit life altering injuries. It was made with right intentions I guess, but there's more to this than the work being destroyed. It's just so... Tasteless?

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan

The numbers (33 right now) come from Yahoo News (one of the main Japanese online news feeds) and they say it's official.

Anything else, I don't know. And yeah, spreading twitter bs is definitely a big nope.