• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking really? The 'OK' hand sign is now a symbol of hate? Can't have good things in this world.

Ugh. This is bullshit.

How did we let white supremacist asshats co-opt one of the best gestures? This is bullshit and we need to take back OK and make it for everyone again. I mean it's an emoji on my phone for Christ's sake.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a bail violation to me, if it's this well documented then the prosecutor probably has an easy argument to make.

Plus the bail money will be forfeit - which is probably the part I care the most about.
oh, about that...

The conditions of Rittenhouse's bond currently do not restrict him from entering a bar, drinking alcohol, or making contact with white supremacist militia groups like the Proud Boys.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking really? The 'OK' hand sign is now a symbol of hate? Can't have good things in this world.
They're certainly trying, but don't let them win this. Just remember context is important.
Flash it if somebody asks if you're feeling alright? Ok.
Flash it in front of armed militia carrying confederate flags? Not ok.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
ziN5ULJ.png

az6M5o2.png

LzwxyYJ.png

How stupid can someone be

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
The conditions of Rittenhouse's bond currently do not restrict him from entering a bar, drinking alcohol, or making contact with white supremacist militia groups like the Proud Boys.

How is this a thing? Like if nothing else he's 17..... Do legal drinking ages differ by state? I thought it was 21 nationally.

Plus, I got harassed a LOT entering bars when I was younger, despite being of age, because of how young I looked. How the owner isn't booting his ass out to avoid legal trouble themselves is BEYOND me.

.......Unless it's a known gathering spot for nazis, in which case I guess I see why now.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
I'm more shocked that bars are open than that a racist murderous piece of shit is getting a free pass. Hope he forgets to check for traffic before crossing the street.
Thats Wisconsin for you. They have a higher density of bars person then anywhere in the US. DUI is treated like a sport here and in 10 years of living here I've yet to goto even a single Social or work outing that didnt involve heavy drinking.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the bar open?
The Wisconsin Tavern League is one of the most powerful business state-level lobbies in the country and they got Republicans to successfully throw out Governor Evers' health orders for bars and restaurants. Below that local leaders in such a strongly Republican area either don't care or are too powerless to enforce anything. Most bars and restaurants in Wisconsin outside of Dane and Milwaukee counties are operating with only minimal changes to normal operations.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
How is this a thing? Like if nothing else he's 17..... Do legal drinking ages differ by state? I thought it was 21 nationally.

Plus, I got harassed a LOT entering bars when I was younger, despite being of age, because of how young I looked. How the owner isn't booting his ass out to avoid legal trouble themselves is BEYOND me.

.......Unless it's a known gathering spot for nazis, in which case I guess I see why now.
Wisconsin allows it if with a guardian.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
This is on the prosecutors then. Considering that he's accused of murdering two people while participating in a white supremacist militia restricting his contact with those groups should have been stipulated.
I don't understand how you murder two people and have no remorse? Like if I somehow accidently killed someone I don't think I could ever recover from that.
Young sociopaths are always easy to spot. Still wondering how Trump went undetected for so long.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. This is bullshit.

How did we let white supremacist asshats co-opt one of the best gestures? This is bullshit and we need to take back OK and make it for everyone again. I mean it's an emoji on my phone for Christ's sake.

It's still contextual. Like how the backwards V sign can mean "peace out" or "fuck you" depending on the circumstance.

...proud boys anthem?

I'm just gonna assume it's "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

In Wisconsin if you're with your parent/guardian and under 21 you can drink

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Kyle's birthday was January 3, so he's now 18 and Wisconsin allows 18-20 year olds to drink in public with their parents.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
It's still contextual. Like how the backwards V sign can mean "peace out" or "fuck you" depending on the circumstance.

For now, maybe.
I can envision a circumstance post-COVID once social distancing is over where Person A perceives Person B has slighted them by bumping into them or spilling a drink or something and tells Person B "Uh! Hey asshole you just spilled your drink all over me!", where by the Person B's flippant response is "Ok, yeah sure whatever dude" flashing up the "OK" sign because it's muscle memory and Person A now has out his cell phone camera is all, "Everybody see that shit!? This Nazi asshat flashing white power signs at me!"
Person B is now like "wait... what?"

Person B might be an assshat, but possibly not a Nazi asshat, but that doesn't matter because perception is reality.

We need to take back the OK sign ASAP so casual asshats are not wrongly upgraded to Nazi asshats.

Last edited:

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Thats Wisconsin for you. They have a higher density of bars person then anywhere in the US. DUI is treated like a sport here and in 10 years of living here I've yet to goto even a single Social or work outing that didnt involve heavy drinking.
When I lived there I remember being taken aback by how commercials for the local Brats fest were basically selling it as all the beer you would want to drink starting at 10 AM and fun for the whole family. I also couldn't believe that DUIs were an unfortunate inconvenience for the first couple you get in WI rather than sending you immediately to jail.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
How has no one beat up this dork yet?
He will be in prison soon. Only time before he does something dumb because he thinks he is above the law.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
For now, maybe.
I can envision a circumstance post-COVID once social distancing is over where Person A perceives Person B has slighted them by bumping into them or spilling a drink or something and tells Person B "Uh! Hey asshole you just spilled your drink all over me!", where by the Person B's flippant response is "Ok, yeah sure whatever dude" flashing up the "OK" sign because it's muscle memory and Person A now has out his cell phone camera is all, "Everybody see that shit!? This Nazi asshat flashing white power signs at me!"
Person B is now like "wait... what?"

Person B might be an assshat, but possibly not a Nazi asshat, but that doesn't matter because perception is reality.

There are going to be a few false positives because of these fascists.

I'm not sure what you are proposing here... that we give the benefit of the doubt to anyone flashing a white power sign?

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. This is bullshit.

That's literally why they took it. They wanted something that was ubiquitous and had a different meaning so they they use it to wink at one another without suspicion.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
There are going to be a few false positives because of these fascists.

I'm not sure what you are proposing here... that we give the benefit of the doubt to anyone flashing a white power sign?

I'm not entirely sure how one takes something back, but we need to ensure the Kyle Rittenhouses of the world don't get to recontextualize the OK sign in the way they see fit.

Maybe attach the OK sign to something white supremacists wouldn't touch?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
He keeps getting threads every few weeks. One day it'll be him going back to prison, or at least I hope.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Lord, give me the confidence of a mediocre white man."

Seriously, prison time. Add this to the pile.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

OkayLarge267x296.jpg

Yes. And no surprise, they try to be as subtle with it as a sledge hammer. Little to no attempt to conceal their motives, then play dumb when they are called out on it.

b2d64712-bb17-4e5f-ba63-b701cc06bfa3-Blurred_image.jpg

I'm sure he accidently made that hand sign with children of color. And sadly, you can easily find examples everywhere.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what the laws there are on underage drinking at a bar with parents consent or whatever.

But would be hilarious if thats a bail violation.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely sure how one takes something back, but we need to ensure the Kyle Rittenhouses of the world don't get to recontextualize the OK sign in the way they see fit.

Maybe attach the OK sign to something white supremacists wouldn't touch?
this isn't like, an in-progress redefinition of the ok sign. it started as a "trolling" thing to say it meant "white power" in about 2017 and was widespread and being sincerely used to mean that in 2018/19. the damage is already done.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Kyle passing that ammo straight to the prosecutor to help him build a character angle against him. Well done, son, keep it up.