• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
It is just insane that I, a white guy, could """"""protect myself""""" from people with skateboards with a fucking ASSAULT RIFLE, commit 2 murders and be acquitted in the US

If this doesn't sound completely insane to most US americans, then people should burn this country to the ground

Next up, running over bycicle riders with a 20ton truck at 350km/h being chalked up as "self-defense" (if you're white)

Especially considering he went across state lines to """defend""" himself. It's so frustrating how goddamn biased the judge is.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
It is just insane that I, a white guy, could """"""protect myself""""" from people with skateboards with a fucking ASSAULT RIFLE, commit 2 murders and be acquitted in the US

If this doesn't sound completely insane to most US americans, then people should burn this country to the ground

Next up, running over bycicle riders with a 20ton truck at 350km/h being chalked up as "self-defense" (if you're white)

Funny you should mention that.......

www.insider.com

A 16-year-old driving a truck ran over multiple cyclists after he allegedly attempted to blow exhaust on them

"There was no reason for this to happen," one cyclist said, adding that the driver was intentionally trying to "scare" the cyclists.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
If a minor hadn't of crossed state lines with an assault rifle because he wanted to live out some sick 'Purge' style bullshit, none of this would have happened either.

Exactly, how exactly do you even get to all the stuff that happened later if the kid doesnt literally break the fucking law in the beginning?

How do you skip over THAT which started it all, to give some sorta "This wouldnt have happened if"...

Thats bullshit.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
It's all his fault for being there in the first place. Everything starts because this idiot kid decided to illegally borrow a gun from a friend to LARP on the streets during a protest. He was the aggressor through and through and when he finally got what he wanted, someone to shoot, he took the opportunity to do so.
He was attacked.... the actual aggressors had a million chances to back off. I dont think we would use this "put himself in a bad place and got attacked" in any other context.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm chasing you with a spoon, you still have no right to unload an assault rifle into me.

Sure, but your original claim was that he was in no danger beyond a black eye because it's just a skateboard so we're talking beyond being chased. If you want to get back to the actual case, he was being chased with guns in both shootings (I misspoke before, only referring to the 2nd murder because that is the one with the skateboard). And before my post is chopped up again, I don't mean this as a defense for what he did, I've been pretty consistent that he should go to jail for it. My only point is the context of how he ended up in this situation is and should be pretty important as far as why it is not self defense. Absent that context, defending yourself against an armed mob should be legal and I don't believe that's a crazy American stance

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the video of shooting. Tell me what the last guy did at 20 sec to get shot. You can assume intent all you want but the fact is the last guy didn't touch him nor did he run right at him. Ran to the side next to him and got blasted. Defend that.
https://youtu.be/iryQSpxSlrg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He was attacked.... the actual aggressors had a million chances to back off. I dont think we would use this "put himself in a bad place and got attacked" in any other context.
He was attacked because he was armed at a protest. It was his fault for illegally showing up with a gun, which painted himself as a threat to public safety. Do that bullshit and you're just asking for someone to attack you, because you want to live out your bullshit fantasy

Besides it doesn't matter that much because only the 1st victim could possibly be justified as self defense. The other death was textbook murder.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the video of shooting. Tell me what the last guy did at 20 sec to get shot. You can assume intent all you want but the fact is the last guy didn't touch him nor did he run right at him. Ran to the side next to him and got blasted. Defend that.
https://youtu.be/iryQSpxSlrg

That's Gaige Grosskreutz who was holding a gun in his hand was running right at him (after initially stopping following the gunshots)

Of the 3 shootings that's probably the easiest to defend

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
He pulled a gun on him. Difficult to notice in the video, but theres photos and images all over if you want to search. It is graphic though.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
In TN, a MAGA dude drove over a black protestor with his truck, breaking both his legs.

All on video. The accused even had posts in his social media history where he had joked about running over BLM protestors.

A grand jury decided to drop all charges, because the MAGA guy "felt threatened". Certain lives are not equally protected by our society.

But you can't mention it, or peacefully protest, or kneel at football games, because THAT is suddenly a bridge too far for white moderates.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really matter what the facts are at this point. When he gets off, its going to be open season for young white brownshirts to kill protesters across the country.

Oct 27, 2017

DoomGaze

Nov 16, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Commentary; Justifying lethal use of force, account in junior phase, prior severe bans for dismissiveness
Both times he was attacked. They've got FBI footage of him running away yelling "friendly, friendly". And we've all seen footage of him getting zerg rushed by four people later.

He should be convicted of holding an AR as a minor. But even if you've committed a misdemeanor you have a right to defend yourself. And it was self defense for sure.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
this judge is sketch as fucking fuck. ive been keeping an eye on this trial and I have to say, I think rittenhouse will walk free, sadly. he might get hit with charges like crossing state lines with a weapon, etc. but i just dont see a scenario where justice is served for the VICTIM (yes judge, they are a victim you fucking piece of human garbage).

our justice system is completely fucking fucked, esp with people like this judge running things. this dude spends more time looking at his phone than he does paying attention to the trial in front of him.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gq.com

What Really Happened When Kyle Rittenhouse Came to Kenosha

The country’s fiercest differences collided in a small Wisconsin city last summer—and a teenager opened fire. This is the most complete reconstruction yet of how American order imploded for three nights.

Three blocks to the north, he could see a line of four armored police personnel carriers: safety, it seemed to him. Rittenhouse huffed along for a block and a half until he encountered a group of racial-justice protesters streaming south, drawn by his gunshots. At first, the throng didn't pay much attention to the kid weaving through them: With his baby face and his backward American-flag baseball cap, he looked even younger than he was. But soon shouts relayed news of the shooting through the crowd. The barrel of the Smith & Wesson AR-15-style assault rifle he gripped was still hot.

"Get that dude!"
"What'd he do?"
"He shot someone!"
"Get his ass!"

By the time Rittenhouse was within a block of reaching the police, roughly a dozen men were chasing him. One threw a right haymaker, knocking off the teenager's baseball cap, before peeling away, perhaps intimidated by the rifle. Rittenhouse was a few steps ahead of the pack when he tripped. He slammed down on the asphalt and rolled onto his back, whipping his weapon toward his pursuers.

This is illustrative of what's going on. A guy is running around with an assault rifle after having killed someone and people in the area were justifiably scared of him.

If this were a mass-shooter and ordinary citizens died trying to stop him, they'd be heroes.

Here's the thing. He is a mass shooter.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I see the gun now. I was ignorant to that fact of evidence. I don't believe he ever made a shot once Kyle was down, correct? Or even attempted? I suppose this will all come out in trial anyways.

I believe he put his hands up in the air and got shot in the arm, destroying 90% of his bicep but survived and fled. I don't think he fired a single shot. This was after Rittenhouse shot the second victim.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
I believe he put his hands up in the air and got shot in the arm, destroying 90% of his bicep but survived and fled. I don't think he fired a single shot. This was after Rittenhouse shot the second victim.
At first he put his hands up in the air then he took them down with the gun in his hand. Thats when Rittenhouse shot him. He didnt get shot with his hands up.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If a juror is found to be biased, they're usually removed in the selection process.

Why can't it be the same for the judge? He might as well open the door and hand him his gun back on the way out, with a wink and a nod to never do it again.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Of course people are defending this indefensible white supremacist that crossed state lines with a gun he didn't have a permit for and acting as the aggressor against protestors. Yes people violently chased him after he murdered somone and was fleeing the scene. That's not self defense it's continued aggression and murder.

Also rofl at the idea that saying friendly after murdering someone means anything defensible. By that logic the protestors had the right to use their firearms to get him to disarm, or to be more similar just have shot him dead after he shot the first person.

Last edited:

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
He went there wanting to shoot someone, he ended up shooting people. Not prosecuting it heavily will imply in the future people are just free to do this which is uhhh bad. From my perspective treating his circumstances as self defence sets a bad precedent maybe?

julian

Oct 27, 2017

A juror in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial was dismissed for joking about Jacob Blake

www.npr.org

A juror in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial was dismissed for joking about Jacob Blake

The juror, a retired white man, told a court police officer a joke about the Black man whose shooting by police in 2020 sparked the protests where Rittenhouse killed two and wounded a third.
I feel like I've heard a joke like that before years ago but the intent was to mock the excessive force police use. I feel like everybody is assuming the joke is meant to be racist and I legitimately can't tell by reading it - as opposed to hearing the delivery. Either way it was intended though, I get the dismissal.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I feel like I've heard a joke like that before years ago but the intent was to mock the excessive force police use. I feel like everybody is assuming the joke is meant to be racist and I legitimately can't tell by reading it - as opposed to hearing the delivery. Either way it was intended though, I get the dismissal.
I mean if he was telling it to a cop I doubt he was doing so with the intent for the police force to be the butt of the joke.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the trial today was all about "they were no angels" tactics on the dead people. and the sources being all alt right ass hats (check twitter and you'll see the stuff)

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial: U.S. Marine Corps Infantry Rifleman Testifies That He 'Wanted to Come Help' Deal with 'A-holes' in Kenosha

A man who served as a U.S. Marine Corps infantry rifleman testified Friday morning that he traveled from his home elsewhere in Wisconsin to help reported "Boogaloo Boi" Ryan Balch deal with unrest in Kenosha, Wis., shortly before Kyle Rittenhouse shot and killed two people and injured a third person.
he witness said he was "trained to shout, shove, show, shoot."

"What does that mean?" Binger asked.

"You shout, you shove, you show your firearm, and you shoot," Lackowski responded.

The former military man added that he was carrying an AR-15 rifle loaded with 28 rounds. He said the full magazine carried 30 rounds. He also had a knife and a CS gas canister, the latter of which he described as a more powerful version of tear gas.
Lackowski said things became "chaotic" when the police started shoving protesters toward the lot the men were guarding. At one point, he said Rittenhouse helped a woman who injured her ankle. He described "polite conversations" with several protesters and that he generally succeeded in keeping them off the car lot.

"You had the actual protesters, and you had the a-holes that were trying to use the protest at their own game."
lawandcrime.com

Kyle Rittenhouse Trial: U.S. Marine Corps Infantry Rifleman Testifies That He 'Wanted to Come Help' Deal with 'A-holes' in Kenosha

A man who served as a U.S. Marine Corps infantry rifleman testified Friday morning that he traveled from his home elsewhere in Wisconsin to help reported "Boogaloo Boi" Ryan Balch deal with unrest in Kenosha, Wis., shortly before Kyle Rittenhouse shot and killed two people and injured a third...

Manager of Car Lot Kyle Rittenhouse Took It Upon Himself to Protect Says No One Was Authorized to Guard Business on Night of Shooting

Two members of a family that owns a series of used car lots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, testified that they did not give permission to Kyle Rittenhouse or other members of his cohort to protect their businesses around the time that Rittenhouse shot and killed two people and wounded a third.
Sahil Khindri, who goes by the name "Sal" and whose father owns Car Source, said he never spoke with anyone about assembling a detail to protect the family's Kenosha properties. He indicated that the group randomly converged on the property. He testified that he was impressed with the posse's gear but seemed to suggest that he was afraid to ask them to leave.
Anmol Khindri said he did not do any of the following for anyone who wished to guard his property: provide keys, offer money, pay money, give permission to be inside his buildings, or give permission for anyone to "guard or protect" the facilities. To the contrary, Khindri said he didn't even know there were people "with guns who had taken it upon themselves to guard any of the Car Source locations or Car Doctor," the latter being another business owned by his family which repaired vehicles but did not sell them. He testified that he learned of the men's presence by watching news reports.
The defense tried to use past media interviews — purportedly from Anmol Khindri — to suggest that insurance wasn't paying for arson damages to the family's vehicle inventory. However, the witness repeated that his father controlled the numbers and that he wasn't aware of that side of the family business. He said the family did have insurance but stalled when asked for particulars. The defense seemed unnerved that the witness refused to corroborate past news reports that indicated $2.5 million in damages would not be covered by insurance. Anmol Khindri countered that some news reports also claimed he was dead — thus suggesting many news reports were inaccurate.
lawandcrime.com

Manager of Car Lot Kyle Rittenhouse Took It Upon Himself to Protect Says No One Was Authorized to Guard Business on Night of Shooting

Two members of a family that owns a series of used car lots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, testified that they did not give permission to Kyle Rittenhouse or other members of his cohort to protect their businesses around the time that Rittenhouse shot and killed two people and wounded a third.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Today I learned all bi-polar people are dangerous and it doesn't matter if you kill them even if they're medicated! This trial is a joke....not down with heavy set prosecutor dude as seemed lost at times+the other guy seemed prepared). Asking what times certain events happened(huh???) instead of having this down and telling a story through witnesses. Also let the car dudes get harassed on the stand and didn't object after answering the same question like 5 times in a row. I don't know the books. I don't know the books. I don't know the books. I work inventory. I dont know the books.

Judge also seemed like an ass who thinks throwing skateboards and plastic bags ignoring the context deserves death.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned all bi-polar people are dangerous and it doesn't matter if you kill them even if they're medicated! This trial is a joke....not down with heavy set prosecutor dude as seemed lost at times+the other guy seemed prepared). Asking what times certain events happened(huh???) instead of having this down and telling a story through witnesses. Also let the car dudes get harassed on the stand and didn't object after answering the same question like 5 times in a row. I don't know the books. I don't know the books. I don't know the books. I work inventory. I dont know the books.

Judge also seemed like an ass who thinks throwing skateboards and plastic bags ignoring the context deserves death.
This case will not end well, will it?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The citizens of the city that they're in needs to revolt & demand that this so-called "judge" be immediately removed from the bench & be disbarred.

More and more I'm starting to believe that vigilante justice and rebellion are gonna be the best answers to getting shit done around here.
This. It's the only real way in this crazy, racist ass country.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
Both times he was attacked. They've got FBI footage of him running away yelling "friendly, friendly". And we've all seen footage of him getting zerg rushed by four people later.

He should be convicted of holding an AR as a minor. But even if you've committed a misdemeanor you have a right to defend yourself. And it was self defense for sure.
Why the fuck was he even there?

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Yes. One protester, who was mentally ill (Rosenbaum), came at him, and Rittenhouse felt the need to 'defend' himself. That set off the chain of the two other altercations between Rittenhouse and others (Anthony Huber).
Sorry, it was a rhetorical question directed at the knuckleheads defending this dude.

Charging at someone with a skateboard is a sign of intent for these people, but pointing a gun at someone doesn't make him the aggressor. These people are out of their minds.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, it was a rhetorical question directed at the knuckleheads defending this dude.

Charging at someone with a skateboard is a sign of intent for these people, but pointing a gun at someone doesn't make him the aggressor. These people are out of their minds.
Its the dehumanization of the victims. It has been going on for centuries. Like literally, they justified shooting Natives because they came at them. Yet no one stops and asks why they came at them. The colonizers expected the natives to kneel in submission when they point their guns at them? Nobody talks about the victims being threatened. You see if happen all the time today and this is just another example. Other example on a large scale is Israel shooting Palestinians dead because they were throwing rocks. Like no one reports or even cares about why they were throwing rocks. Just dehumanization of victims to justify the upper class privileges.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
www.gq.com

What Really Happened When Kyle Rittenhouse Came to Kenosha

The country’s fiercest differences collided in a small Wisconsin city last summer—and a teenager opened fire. This is the most complete reconstruction yet of how American order imploded for three nights.

Three blocks to the north, he could see a line of four armored police personnel carriers: safety, it seemed to him. Rittenhouse huffed along for a block and a half until he encountered a group of racial-justice protesters streaming south, drawn by his gunshots. At first, the throng didn't pay much attention to the kid weaving through them: With his baby face and his backward American-flag baseball cap, he looked even younger than he was. But soon shouts relayed news of the shooting through the crowd. The barrel of the Smith & Wesson AR-15-style assault rifle he gripped was still hot.

"Get that dude!"
"What'd he do?"
"He shot someone!"

"Get his ass!"

By the time Rittenhouse was within a block of reaching the police, roughly a dozen men were chasing him. One threw a right haymaker, knocking off the teenager's baseball cap, before peeling away, perhaps intimidated by the rifle. Rittenhouse was a few steps ahead of the pack when he tripped. He slammed down on the asphalt and rolled onto his back, whipping his weapon toward his pursuers.

This is illustrative of what's going on. A guy is running around with an assault rifle after having killed someone and people in the area were justifiably scared of him.

If this were a mass-shooter and ordinary citizens died trying to stop him, they'd be heroes.

Here's the thing. He is a mass shooter.
So wait there are people in this thread still saying white supremacist Rittenhouse was in self defense if he traveled across state lines with an assault rifle and had shot into a crowd of racial justice protesters. It seems the protestors trying to stop him while his gun barrel was still hot, are more in self defense.
Sure, but your original claim was that he was in no danger beyond a black eye because it's just a skateboard so we're talking beyond being chased. If you want to get back to the actual case, he was being chased with guns in both shootings (I misspoke before, only referring to the 2nd murder because that is the one with the skateboard). And before my post is chopped up again, I don't mean this as a defense for what he did, I've been pretty consistent that he should go to jail for it. My only point is the context of how he ended up in this situation is and should be pretty important as far as why it is not self defense. Absent that context, defending yourself against an armed mob should be legal and I don't believe that's a crazy American stance

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's totally going the other way(aka get off the murder charges) because they're using the criminal history of said people to paint their characters at the scene. Yeah they out it. You have the "girlfriend abuser / and mental guy" (court's words not mine as they served time for whatever crime they may or may not have done and that doesn't deserve to get shot) basically it's the same trick cops have been doing to minorities since the begining of time in the US.
We'll be lucky if he gets charged for the illegal possession of a firearm and bringing it across state boarders at the rate this is going.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So wait there are people in this thread still saying white supremacist Rittenhouse was in self defense if he traveled across state lines with an assault rifle and had shot into a crowd of racial justice protesters. It seems the protestors trying to stop him while his gun barrel was still hot, are more in self defense.

Yes I was shocked when I read these as well. But but the skateboard was an act of aggression but oh the assault rifle is just a fashionable accessory. Uh huh.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
It's totally going the other way(aka get off the murder charges) because they're using the criminal history of said people to paint their characters at the scene. Yeah they out it. You have the "girlfriend abuser / and mental guy" (court's words not mine as they served time for whatever crime they may or may not have done and that doesn't deserve to get shot) basically it's the same trick cops have been doing to minorities since the begining of time in the US.
IMO all that shit should be inadmissible because there's no way the defendant could have possibly known any of that, therefore it's irrelevant as a "reason" for the shooting. Then again, as you said, the laws work differently for black people. But then again again, these people were white, so I don't even fucking know any more.

And, as a U.S. Marine, let me call out the bullshit spewed above by one of my apparent brothers. "Shoot" is not part of the conversation in any way, shape, or form in any situation where deadly force is not authorized. I ran security more than once when I was in the Corps, and there were very limited circumstances where we even had live ammo. Guarding a parking lot was not one of them, even if someone asked us to. And I've also seen riot security up close, and shooting wasn't applicable there, either. If that's what this guy got out of his training, he wasn't paying attention, or he took only what he wanted to take from it. "Lookit me, mama, I got me a gun! Gonna go shoot me some *******!!!"