• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Come on bosman stop promising videos, I was almost over our parasocial relationship.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I think the best looking current gen games fucked up people's expectations... The Last of Us II (as much as I dislike it) Is leaps and bounds ahead, visually, of anything shown in this showcase.
yep, and i dont like this "but its 30fps and not even open world", who cares? this is NEXT GEN right? this is the most powerful console right? if you cant make a game that looks as good or close enough then why the hell do we even need these new consoles for?

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's very strange, one moment they're talking about how the Series X is the most powerful console, releasing videos about it's architecture to create hype, then the next moment it's as if Series X doesn't exist and Game Pass is the future.

I do think Game Pass is great and I'm glad they're sticking with it, but I'm wondering if Microsoft choosing to not put heavy focus on the Series X (or just choosing to focus on one or the other) is actually making things difficult for the game developers. There is clearly something going on, with how Halo looks as well as other big games seemingly still very far off. Hoping this was just a case of a bad show and that things aren't as bad as they seem.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching the kinda funny post conference talk, and Tim Gettys made a good point, if the games they've shown are on gamepass, then it kinda unsold him on the series x. Which is the same for me, cause it means I can just stick to my pc or grab a series x to play any game they announced today.

An interesting conference considering theyre selling a brand new console this year.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
What was the counter of the phrase "Built from the ground up for Series X" in that event? It came up multiple times

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Kyle needs to make more videos in general. Fuck it, I'll edit them for him.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was a really bad event. I initially thought it was "alright", but nah, it was just bad. It seems like almost every first party game shown is years away. I wouldn't expect much from Xbox Game Studios in the next two years.

OP
OP
Expy

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
He does say in his video to be vocal if you want him to make a full-length video.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with the part about a pandemic and how its effected things. Considering everything you seen today was thrown together from home after they had to throw out their E3 plans, I think it was pretty good.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What would Master Chief even say back to the puppet that would be interesting? "Keep your voice down. I just woke up"? Every Brute in the previous games acts just like this guy. Chief has dealt with Gravemind and it was scary. Either way, more Kyle videos please.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
yep, and i dont like this "but its 30fps and not even open world", who cares? this is NEXT GEN right? this is the most powerful console right? if you cant make a game that looks as good or close enough then why the hell do we even need these new consoles for?
People with PC's have been wondering the same for years.

Let's just care about great fucking games, and not graphics. It's so fucking shallow and disappointing to see an enthusiast forum react this way to an unreleased game.

900p didn't stop Breath of the Wild from being an incredible game.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Its becoming more and more apparent that Microsoft is not betting their gen on their console. They're betting it on their software and services. Halo Infinite coming to Steam among other first party games is part of their strategy to say "hey Xbox is here too!" but let's face it, how many people are going to get it in Steam? I'd wager a ton more people are going to download Microsoft's app for Gamepass on PC, subscribe for a few months of Gamepass and play it there.

Same thing with Xbox owners. Don't have $500 for a new console? No biggie, sub for $10 Gamepass and you can play the brand new Halo on the box you already have!

Get 55 people to do this vs 1 buying the console and the game and you've made the same amount of money with significantly less overhead.

Yeah, but They would also get 30% of everything that one person spends on content for the console so how smart is that approach?

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Any text? Don't want to watch video

It's under 5 minutes long.

People with PC's have been wondering the same for years.

Let's just care about great fucking games, and not graphics. It's so fucking shallow and disappointing to see an enthusiast forum react this way to an unreleased game.

900p didn't stop Breath of the Wild from being an incredible game.

If you don't want people to talk about graphics perhaps don't make your console's marketing headline for 2 years "The Most Powerful Console Ever Made™" and then not deliver on that during its biggest showcase

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yeah that close up monologue of that low res textured brute definitely stood out to me for the wrong reasons.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation and Xbox clearly have extremely divergent strategies right now. Neither is wrong or right, just different approaches to making money in video games. I think both will be successful at what they do and the console warriors will have to get used to the fact that the two aren't going to be very comparable moving forward.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Yeah those are pretty much my thoughts as well. I'm getting a series X on day one still, but I'm not that excited about what's going to be there. I was definitely more excited for the One X.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Hahahaha,

Of course you can say something nice about TLoU2. Its a bloody game of the generation candidate! :)

Musouka

Dec 31, 2017
I wasn't impressed by either Sony's or MS's showcases to be honest. MS scores lower, though.

I mean, just a Forza teaser? Halo Infinite was okay. I was distracted by the bad guy's flat teeth and couldn't stand his delivery.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
He says Halo Infinite doesn't stack up to Hellblade 2 that we saw last year, but that was totally a pre-rendered CG target video, nothing in real-time. Hellblade and its bullshot CG crap completely fucked up people's expectations going into the gen.
Didn't they come out saying that it was real time and not cg

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
don't worry...

the august event will blow us all away...

and if that doesn't works, the september will do it. i promise. /s

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
It felt like a show you get 3 years into series x life time.
Exactly my impressions. Thanks for putting words to them.

To add to that they were setup to completely change the conversation here, and they bluntly put blew it. The one saving grace for me was the variety of games shown, however unimpressive.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Agree. I'm looking forward to most of the games shown, and will be downloading them on GamePass day one, but this conference did next to nothing for me

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
Yeah it's very strange, one moment they're talking about how the Series X is the most powerful console, releasing videos about it's architecture to create hype, then the next moment it's as if Series X doesn't exist and Game Pass is the future.

Exactly.

I felt like I saw 4, maybe 5 teraflops in the showcase. MS has been so good at hyping up the power of this thing, and then they presented two gaming showcases that fell flat in the tech department.

Gamepass may just be that hail mary that works for them. It was the one thing that I was impressed with.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He says Halo Infinite doesn't stack up to Hellblade 2 that we saw last year, but that was totally a pre-rendered CG target video, nothing in real-time. Hellblade and its bullshot CG crap completely fucked up people's expectations going into the gen.
I think it's TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima that fucked up people's expectation recently

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Im glad Kyle touched on Senua

Man, that was a THE showstopper at the game awards. Thats how you hype a new console.
What do they show today? Shots of ICELAND

WTF

I think this conference needed 2 more months in the oven.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
I remember thinking "man, a lot of what Sony showed was cool, but there ain't much for this holiday, this looks all like 2021". Now I realize that I should at least be thankful that Sony is hitting 2021. A lot of stuff MS showed showed looked like 2022 at the earliest. And I know Phil said there are still plenty of studios they haven't talked about yet, but if they had games coming anytime soon, wouldn't they have shown them here? Really curious what the 2021 slate could possibly for first party MS.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Is it bad part of me is disappointed Kyle never made these sorts of vids when he was at Easy Allies?

I get that it wasn't a new console launch, but this type of content is what people wanted out of him the whole while

oni_gank

Banned
May 13, 2019
This was supposed to be the big hype games showcase for XBOX in July. I wonder what's left to be announced for the rest of the year (including August)?

I am not sure whether the Lockhart reveal event will have few more surprises. Good job on the video, Kyle.

Last edited:

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills when people state it was better than PS5's event. Like huh?

Also, am I nuts or didn't we get past this when Microsoft bowed out of the console race? When they announced all games going forward will be on PC... you lost your exclusives, you have a platform that can play upressed Xbox One games and a cheaper PC alternative.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with him. But at the same time, I really like MS's overall vision, and I love how different it is than PS5. Lots of cross-gen (I think, lol; getting confusing now), Game Pass focus, lots of new studios making stuff, good genre variety, lots of next-gen patches for XB1 games, etc. They're just doing things that excite me in different ways than the PS5 excites me.