• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
sE3ACDI.png

WHERE CAN I FIND KYLE?:
  • KyleBosman Twitch Channel - Kyle's streams make up the main chunk of his content. Game playthroughs, Art shows, Designing a TCG, etc.
  • Delayed Input - Kyle's new weekly series where he talks about the video game industry. We're not really sure what to expect other than an edited Bosman show! 8 weeks on, 3 weeks off!
  • Stream Game Docket - Kyle's maintained list of current and upcoming Stream Games. Updated regularly.
  • Kyle Bosman Youtube Channel - Kyle's home for his scripted content!
  • Kyle's Stream Dump - All of Kyle's Streams will be Archived here for safe keeping!
  • Kyle's Twitter - Where Kyle does his crunches! I mean Tweets. Kyle will usually announced what he's going to be astreaming an hour before going live via Twitter!
WHAT KYLE STUFF SHOULD I PROBABLY KNOW ABOUT?:
  • The Game Awards - Kyle regularly consults on the Game Awards as well as a variety of other Geoff Keighley productions.
  • Box Peek - A video series created by Kyle while at Easy Allies. It tells the tale of Jordy Defective as he discovers the world of competitive Box Peek.
  • The Final Bosman - One of Kyle's most popular series from his time at Game Trailers, Kyle comments on the Games Industry in ways only Kyle can. Don't ask for him to bring it back. It's not coming back.
WHERE CAN I FIND SOME OLDER KYLE BOSMAN CONTENT?:
  • Game Trailers - Where Kyle earned his stripes as a producer. Best known for The Final Bosman and the GT Time podcast. (N.B. Game Trailers is now owned by IGN, who uses it for actual game trailers. There are still some videos on the channel, and plenty of other shows have been archived by members of the community).
  • Easy Allies - Kyle launched Easy Allies with 8 of his former colleagues from Game Trailers after it was closed down, and stayed there until the end of March 2020. Best known for producing Easy Allies Podcast and creating Box Peek.

Last edited:

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Uhm.. after watching season one of box peek and loving it.. I had no idea more episodes got finished. Now I almost regret watching the rest. What a downer lol... was he goin through some stuff?

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Everyone here needs to go on YT and look at the game trailers reaction to the e3 of Sony's where ff7r was revealed. The best reaction of all time I think

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Uhm.. after watching season one of box peek and loving it.. I had no idea more episodes got finished. Now I almost regret watching the rest. What a downer lol... was he goin through some stuff?

Yes. Kyle Stuff.

If you'd like behind-the-scenes insights into the creativity of misery, check the Box Peek Q&A sessions and be sad and angry at the shocking true and real life fate of the Peekref 12 puppet.

This is the one for the series finale:

Whole playlist here.

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: Kyle's Failed Sketch Friday from today was actually staged by his sketch group. When he started describing it, I knew it sounded familiar so I went digging and found this:

I think it might be a bit different from what he read, but it's essentially the same.

Jan 4, 2018
To celebrate the new tread, here's a gif I made (for one of the weekly art shows) of Zidane doing that dance Kyle did for an episode of Dear Bosman:

trevor-betts-dearzidane-404p128-noise-transp.gif

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Favorite strimmer. I just wish he would stream shorter games more often. As much as I love (J)RPGs, watching them for weeks and weeks and weeks is a bit boring. Except for FF9 of course, that shit was awesome.

To celebrate the new tread, here's a gif I made (for one of the weekly art shows) of Zidane doing that dance Kyle did for an episode of Dear Bosman:
Amazing

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is this where we OINK?

I love how much chat goes crazy everytime Mucho hops on screen.

Still super salty about the Torna streams, but at least watching him pull off his first complete combo was fun.

Hope he sticks with XIV tho, it'd be a massive shame if he drops before hitting the end of ARR and never seeing HWS and the stellar lead up to that.

OP
OP
Hazz3r

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
That first round of Tetris 99 was ridiculous. I was on the edge of my seat. He's so good at Tetris.

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome to see an OT for Kyle! I try to catch streams every now and then, but with the amount of hours Kyle puts into streaming I definitely need a topic like this to stay on top of things and get inspired on what to check out.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Oh, i thought there is something new.
Since 90% of his content is streams and im not interested in streaming, there is not much output from him i would like sadly. Still, kyle is great.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Oh, i thought there is something new.
Since 90% of his content is streams and im not interested in streaming, there is not much output from him i would like sadly. Still, kyle is great.
At the beginning of his streams he always does a segment called "Praise and Scold" where you can get a taste of those Kyle takes.

I usually stick for those and skip watching he actually playing games unless it's something I'm really into.

Oct 27, 2017
I probably spend more time watching Kyle content than I do Easy Allies stuff at this point...glad to see him get an OT. Dude is legit one of the best streamers I've watched. He can make even the weirdest or worst games look entertaining.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
At the beginning of his streams he always does a segment called "Praise and Scold" where you can get a taste of those Kyle takes.

I usually stick for those and skip watching he actually playing games unless it's something I'm really into.
Sounds nice, but also a bit cumbersome to have to go to twitch just for a short segment.
If he would just cut them out of the stream and upload them on youtube...that would be great.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Sounds nice, but also a bit cumbersome to have to go to twitch just for a short segment.
If he would just cut them out of the stream and upload them on youtube...that would be great.
He uploads the every stream to YouTube on a channel called Kyle's Stream Dumps, and Praise and Scold is always close to the start. I'm not sure he necessarily does that segment every stream though.

TwoDots

Oct 6, 2020
Oh man, a Kyle OT. I'm here for this stuff.

For those unaware or simply looking for the link, here's the itch.io page for the Game Jam that Kyle has initiated.

Detailed information can be found on the page and I'd recommended everyone to watch the Twitch VOD in which the theme, characters and eventual drawings have been made. Quite impressed with how quickly Kyle can just draw these cool concepts. Also hats off to LittleKittenBit for giving the drawings some very nice colors.

Jan 4, 2018
He uploads the every stream to YouTube on a channel called Kyle's Stream Dumps, and Praise and Scold is always close to the start. I'm not sure he necessarily does that segment every stream though.
Yeah, praise and scold is only on Wednesday. His weekly segments usually look something like this:

-Monday
Art Show - viewer submitted art/comics/music/etc based on the streams/games/Mucho​
-Wednesday
Praise and Scold - gives his thoughts on something good and something bad, can be about anything​
Welcome to the Playlist - searches for songs on Epidemic based on chat suggested keywords. Chat then votes on whether it gets added to the playlist​
-Friday
Failed Sketch Friday - reads through and talks about a sketch he wrote from something like between 2012 and 2016​

Occasionally they won't happen for various reasons, but that's the typical schedule.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know where to find the Schluffe (?) / Gamescom stuff?

I just got through watching Dark for the first time and I swear half of the script is "Es tut mir leid." All I can think about whenever I hear it is Kyle.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I couldn't get any sleep last night or the night before because I keep hearing "You little shit!" in my head on loop ever since Kyle called Malos' voice actor underwhelming.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't get any sleep last night or the night before because I keep hearing "You little shit!" in my head on loop ever since Kyle called Malos' voice actor underwhelming.

Honestly part of the reason I liked Malos was his VA, just the perfect amount of corny and anime jock.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Honestly part of the reason I liked Malos was his VA, just the perfect amount of corny and anime jock.

For me it's the only reason I grew to like the rest of the character. Whether you love or hate the direction, the voice is most accurately summed up as the polar opposite of underwhelming. Overwhelmingly positive or overwhelmingly negative - but the actor never settles for anything that would merely whelm or less.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
FF14 are my favorite Kyle streams right now. I hope he doesn't stop.
Complete opposite for me. I think these streams are incredibly boring and I hope he stops them rather sooner than later. :D What's especially bad is he streams it on Fridays and that's the only day when I could potentially watch for a couple of hours.

Overall I have to say I didn't really like the type of games he chose to stream in the last weeks (months?), so I've been skipping more and more streams lately. Ape Escape 3 should be fun, though, and I'm really looking forward to the Game Jam stream.

OP
OP
Hazz3r

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Captain America today on stream. I remember thinking this game was a bit weird. Cap looks like a bit of a dork. Looking forward to seeing Kyles reaction to it 10 years later.

Oct 25, 2017
FF14 are my favorite Kyle streams right now. I hope he doesn't stop.
I think they're fun too, but man alive, does he have a long way to go before he gets to the good stuff. He said he plans on doing some offline playing, which might be good. I'm sure some in chat would object since they'd want to see his reaction to certain things, but the sooner he gets past Realm Reborn, the better. Especially if he's keen on becoming a Machinist.

AdvancedWind

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I think they're fun too, but man alive, does he have a long way to go before he gets to the good stuff. He said he plans on doing some offline playing, which might be good. I'm sure some in chat would object since they'd want to see his reaction to certain things, but the sooner he gets past Realm Reborn, the better. Especially if he's keen on becoming a Machinist.

The problem with his FFXIV streams that a good part of what it makes it so entertaining for a while (his slow play, fucking around in first person, stopping to admire everything) is also what makes it so hard to watch for prolonged times, at least for me. Like, it's fun in small doses but when he's walking everywhere and takes 1h plus per quest, and he's at the worst parts of the game storywise, the novelty kinda wears off.

However, that style of play was what made the Gold Saucer stream so great. Best case scenario I think would involve he doing both actualy story advancing streams where he plays quick for story and those slower streams where he's specifically doing something else (mapping an area, leveling an alt, beast tribe quests, etc). Otherwise i would bet on him dropping the game waaaay before finishing ARR.

Last edited:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I really, really want to see Kyle's reaction to the lead-up to Heavensward live. I hope he both reaches it and streams it live.

Oh, and Hildibrand stuff of course.

Kastenessen

Nov 2, 2017
The FF14 streams got me to dive in too; been hearing a lot of praise for the game and especially Shadowbringers and I'm having a blast. There definitely needs to be a lot of offstream play though, last night I spent most of my time climbing up and down circular stone towers delivering letters (MSQ level 38 or so) which would not make compelling viewing.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
Can't believe I missed Kyle discovering who Herb Alpert is on his last stream and only found out through the VOD. It's like worlds colliding, Herb Alpert's one of the biggest artists in my musical life. And of all the songs to play, we got 8 seconds of "Ladyfingers." Too bad he didn't get to the strings part. :/

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The FF14 streams got me to dive in too; been hearing a lot of praise for the game and especially Shadowbringers and I'm having a blast. There definitely needs to be a lot of offstream play though, last night I spent most of my time climbing up and down circular stone towers delivering letters (MSQ level 38 or so) which would not make compelling viewing.

Yeah a lot, and I mean a lot, of MSQ in ARR are like that.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Did Kyle say why he's streaming tomorrow instead of today? Is this a one week only thing or is he changing the streaming schedule permanently?

OP
OP
Hazz3r

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Did Kyle say why he's streaming tomorrow instead of today? Is this a one week only thing or is he changing the streaming schedule permanently?

It's a permanent change. He didn't give a reason which makes me think it's for his convenience/personal reasons, which is fine.

------------

The Bruised Egos Game Jam was such a lot of fun. Definitely check it out if you haven't.