• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
Scrolling through the thread I noticed I kept hoping this was part of a bit or something. Wish him the best and hope EZA manages to fill the void he will leave behind. Like some mentioned already, it felt like he brought out the best in everyone else.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Going to really miss Kyle but I hope whatever he decides to do makes him happy. Especially going to miss him on the podcast. I love them all equally so it doesn't affect me still watching them.

Last edited:

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Good luck to Kyle.

Totally understandable that he would eventually want to start the next chapter of his life.
LA can't be affordable. A higher income ceiling would be great. And he must want new challenges. Hope he finds what he's looking for.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
I realized earlier today that this is how Blood was able to sniff him. That's a good man there, that Bloodworth.

As much as I love the other 8 Allies, Kyle's kind of the spice that makes the whole blend work. He can play off of any of them and has unique dynamics with most, like his reflective year end chats with Ian, his frequent double act with Jones, his contentious bonds with Damiani, and his passion for degeneracy with Huber, among others. The group will miss his creative spark big time, but this does open up opportunities to try new things, too.
Can someone explain what happened about bloodworth sniffing kyle? i saw this on their tweet, but didn't get it...and still don't.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
To me, Kyle is EZA. I don't know if I will continue watching them, but I'll try. Nothing against any of the allies, but Kyle was the reason I support them on Patreon and never miss their podcasts. But I can only support his goals and dreams, and wish him the very best of luck!

Can someone explain what happened about bloodworth sniffing kyle? i saw this on their tweet, but didn't get it...and still don't.
I think it's a reference to Bloodworth guessing what game he would bring to the Hall of Greats. He "sniffed" that he would bring Mega Man Legends.. again lol

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Really sucks to see Kyle go. He'll be missed. All the Allies are great though and they're the only gaming podcast/youtube stuff I'm really into at all.

Hopefully there will be a silver lining like more of Jess. She's fantastic and Fiasconauts is my favorite EZA stuff.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
I understand that I'm in the extreme minority but I wasn't much of a fan of Kyle's but I cannot deny that he was integral to the allies and was crucial to the chemistry of whatever project he was involved in with other allies. Regardless of my personal thoughts that his trolling tendencies were kind of grating on me, the value of his presence to the allies can't be understated.

Agreed. His antics, which appear to be well-received with just about everyone else commenting here, had the exact opposite effect on me. That said, after reading through this thread, and thinking back to the content I have seen from him, I am forced to concede the fact that he was an integral part of the EZA formula.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So far on stream:

- States Box Peek kept him around probably longer than he would have originally. He wanted to finish Box Peek before he left, and when he finished it that's when he seriously looked at where his life is going and what his "true thing" is.

- LOVES streaming. Will continue to stream in the future in whatever endeavor he pursues (ex. chiseling marble)

- Cali has never felt like home, wherever he goes next (NY being appealing) will be Main Thing first location second (ex. where to go to chisel marble).

- Still doing RE3 with Huber

- Told the guys in the beginning of January. Also told Keighley ahead of time.

- Hands-off on Together We RPG, still all in on

- Has to leave May 1st because currently he's on a waitlist for a Master's degree at a university (he's not even supposed to really say he's on a waitlist so he's definitely not telling us what school lol)

- No more Reactions lol one of his least favorite things to do

- Will try to incorporate comedy in whatever he does in the future.

- He might just start swearing.

- He will dab on stream before leaving.

- Easy Allies is split 9 ways so he won't own any intellectual property once he leaves. Also wants it to be a clean cut so he won't have any recurrent segments. But happy to make cameos. Guys were sad he's leaving but supportive and understanding.

- No replacement as 9th person any time soon, but obviously could be possibility.

- Leaving Rufus with podcast

- Parents knew he was leaving when he made the parents podcast

- Did you feel you're not growing through Easy Allies: Kinda, grew threw Box Peek but it's hard to say. It just feels emotional.

- Doubts he will ever leave public eye.

- Will finish Never Too Late to Dreamcast

- Podcast: Sick Owls will disband, can't be exact same show with Jones taking over so it will definitely be more "Jone-sy" so he'll let Jones explain it on his own time. The two weeks he was gone where Jones replaced him was unfortunate timing, and will not be what the podcast will look like in the future.

- Wants to "create" more than react. But unsure lol

- Unsure how much he wants to "haunt" Easy Allies for example with a picture hanging on a wall lol but will keep his emotes

- Most likely will work with Keighley again but it'll be difficult due to not living in LA.

- Will finally release Robot Party!!!

- Coronavirus has definitely complicated his plans, like for example in a month if he's not able to leave LA. But nothing compared to the effect it's had on other people's lives, it's nothing so he can't complain.

- Will be on April Community Showcase.

- Emotional when he told the guys but held it together. Definitely hard to click send on patreon post, but it's a relief from the weight of keeping this secret. Devastated when he saw Huber's tweet though.

- And it's finished!

Last edited:

Crotin

May 6, 2018
An incredible personality leaving the team, I'll miss him and hope he lands something amazing. I completely understand where he's coming from in regards to feeling it's time to move on, not knowing where, and being completely scared about it. Mega Man Legends forever

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
So far on stream:
- States Box Peek kept him around probably longer than he would have originally. He wanted to finish Box Peek before he left, and when he finished it that's when he seriously looked at where his life is going and what his "true thing" is.
- LOVES streaming. Will continue to stream in the future in whatever endeavor he pursues (ex. chiseling marble)
- Cali has never felt like home, wherever he goes next (NY being appealing) will be Main Thing first location second (ex. where to go to chisel marble).
- Still doing RE3 with Huber
- Told the guys in the beginning of January. Also told Keighley ahead of time.
- Hands-off on Together We RPG, still all in on
- Has to leave May 1st because currently he's on a waitlist for a Master's degree at a university (he's not even supposed to really say he's on a waitlist so he's definitely not telling us what school lol)
- No more Reactions lol one of his least favorite things to do

To add to this:

- He might just start swearing.
- He will dab on stream before leaving.

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
I know I'm definitely in the minority here but he is one of my least favourite members of EasyAllies, his 'comedy' seems so forced and off.
But saying that I will still miss him but not as much as most of you lot will.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
- Rufus is staying with EZA.

- A bit of hesitation to the "new 9th Ally" question but the answer was "not soon." I'll take that as it's something they have obviously talked about but won't pull the trigger on it anytime soon. That makes sense.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
Will support them all no matter what. Makes my blood boil seeing people say there gonna bail. EZA is a collective unit. Will this effect them. Yes but they will find way to get better and build from this. I love them and will support them for as long as they need. L&R.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will support them all no matter what. Makes my blood boil seeing people say there gonna bail. EZA is a collective unit. Will this effect them. Yes but they will find way to get better and build from this. I love them and will support them for as long as they need. L&R.
It's okay if people don't want to support them anymore. Kyle was a big reason people liked them, so if he's gone they naturally may want to give less money for what they offer.

I'm still with them at my current donation level though.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a video of his pre-gametrailer comedy stuff with a projector gag and his t-shirt and i thought it was pretty neatly done, i remember being convinced he was pretty gifted in comedy. His segment ideas for the podcast like the prove it ticket and the dedication to the correction segment made me really appreciate him and his efforts to keep things fresh and keeping standards. I can understand him wanting to do something different he can do, hope he brings the same energy he always has to whatever the winds take him.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- A bit of hesitation to the "new 9th Ally" question but the answer was "not soon." I'll take that as it's something they have obviously talked about but won't pull the trigger on it anytime soon. That makes sense.

Yeah, I think if there is something like a replacement that should just naturally happen over time and not like: Kyle is leaving and here's XYZ who will be his replacement. That's just weird and a lot of pressure and a super unthankful and frankly impossible task for XYZ.
After some time has passed and XYZ has naturally integrated into the team they can make it official that Jessica Lynn Verdi is the new Ally. ;)

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Glad to hear Kyle plans to continue to stream. Will definitely support him and the rest of the crew. It's familia, L&R.

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Ryckert leaving GBeast, I don't know how long I'm going to keep consuming video game content. Those personalities were my favorite part. Really feels like a gut punch.

Best of luck to them. Just serves as a reminder for me to keep trying new things and venturing out in my own life too.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to know if he does eventually get his masters.

Hearing him say sometimes he feels dumb and like he should know more. Oof. I really feel that.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Ryckert leaving GBeast, I don't know how long I'm going to keep consuming video game content. Those personalities were my favorite part. Really feels like a gut punch.

Best of luck to them. Just serves as a reminder for me to keep trying new things and venturing out in my own life too.
Same here. I tend to care about EZA more than video games in some respects.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Yeah, I think if there is something like a replacement that should just naturally happen over time and not like: Kyle is leaving and here's XYZ who will be his replacement. That's just weird and a lot of pressure and a super unthankful and frankly impossible task for XYZ.
After some time has passed and XYZ has naturally integrated into the team they can make it official that Jessica Lynn Verdi is the new Ally. ;)

I mean...

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Jones has said multiple times on Cup of Jones that, if they get a 9th Ally (edit: well, he said "another ally" or "tenth ally" at the time, of course), it will be someone primarily behind the camera (ie an editor/assistant). With him having said that very recently, it's probably less him hypothesizing and more something they've actually talked about realistically.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He said also that we know who was the most upset. Poor Huber man :( Hopefully Kyle finds his peace. At least he confirmed RE3 with Huber, that hype keeps me rollin'.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jones has said multiple times on Cup of Jones that, if they get a 9th Ally, it will be someone primarily behind the camera (ie an editor/assistant). With him having said that very recently, it's probably less him hypothesizing and more something they've actually talked about realistically.

Oh interesting

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Jones has said multiple times on Cup of Jones that, if they get a 9th Ally, it will be someone primarily behind the camera (ie an editor/assistant). With him having said that very recently, it's probably less him hypothesizing and more something they've actually talked about realistically.

Kyle leaving very likely changes that a bit. I believe he last said that before Kyle told the guys he was leaving. (And he's also said that he recognizes the importance of becoming more diverse in the future.)

I'd say that anyone they bring on in the future will absolutely be an on camera person. But I don't expect it for a while.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle leaving very likely changes that a bit. I believe he last said that before Kyle told the guys he was leaving.

I'd say that anyone they bring on in the future will absolutely be an on camera person. But I don't expect it for a while.
I'm almost certain he has said it sometime in the last couple of Cup of Jones episodes, but I couldn't say that with 100% confidence.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
Huber and Kyle's playthroughs (RE7, RE2, Outlast 2, The Quiet Man) are some of their absolute best content - a human battery bouncing off Kyle's style is just so ... perfect.

I think EZA will be fine, but yeah. It's going to be so different without Kyle :(