• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone mention this is kind of like Jordy at the end of Box Peek? He's had his fun, but he's done now.

We'll miss you, Bosman!

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
Best of luck to Kyle.

I'm here for the whole gang though. They all offer different opinions and they pretty much all have a distinct taste in games/genres. Kyle will be missed but the team will still be great.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
.... honestly dunno if i'll keep up my Patreon. Bossman is literally the reason i followed these guys there and stayed on board. I jumped out of the two podcasts he wasn't in after about 20 minutes cause it just didn't have the same feel and i found myself changing my phone over to music or D&D podcasts.
Love Huber and Jones and Ian and everyone honestly but like... fuck.

This fuckin sucks. Like... this was one of my favorite weekly things and now it's kinda gone. Fuckin bummer.

Good luck to the man, though. I hope he finds what he's lookin for. :-(

I'm in the exact same boat. I watched and paid money for kyle. Not sure i will keep watching without him. He is easy allies for me and i'm bummed i don't have that weekly pod anymore.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Sad, but somewhat expected. I don't know why, but Kyle always felt... I dunno, somehow disconnected to EZA? Like he prefers to do his stuff on his own. Anyway, hoping the best for all of them!
Yeah, that's how I always felt about him. Came here to post exactly this.

I wish the best for all of them

julian

Oct 27, 2017
What signs did people notice that indicated Kyle was moving toward something like this? I've seen a bunch of people mention that
Definitely some "well in hindsight" but the only thing I found suspicious was him saying he'd be doing all of 6 Dreamcast episodes. I mentioned it earlier, but it just made no sense to start a new series and announce it would be so limited and with all of 6 episodes.

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really sucks, but I wish him the best. I'm around his same age and I feel like I know exactly what he's talking about.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely some "well in hindsight" but the only thing I found suspicious was him saying he'd be doing all of 6 Dreamcast episodes. I mentioned it earlier, but it just made no sense to start a new series and announce it would be so limited and with all of 6 episodes.

They do that with most new series

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got into GT/EZA from Kyle, but the rest of the guys definitely are able to stand on their own now. I'll understand if their patreon dips from this news, but the only content that will be lost from this is Kyle's weekly stream.

I hope he finds what he is looking for, and that all is well with his family, but I'm confident that the rest of the guys will continue just fine.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just can't get over this? I don't know what it says about me but it really does feel like one of my best friends are moving away. Can't imagine what the rest of the allies feel like.

Clawbvious

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Watching Kyle over the years has been a true joy! EZA won't be the same, but I'm sure all the rest of the allies will make it a beautiful new thing.

Good luck and good speed in whatever you do next Kyle! <3

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Hope he finds his "Main Thing" soon. Best of luck

As for EZA, it's a shame - Kyle was probably the main reason I enjoyed listening/watching them. I'll stop to see how the content feels during whatever it may be that replaces E3 this year, but it won't be the same.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
But they've done that multiple times in the past.
They do that with most new series
I honestly didn't remember that. I just watched them and thought it was weird. He also didn't seem like he'd picked all the games yet, but I might've misunderstood.
And it's not like I thought, "oh he must be leaving", it just stood out to me and I was confused by it. Given the timing, it seems like this is clearly why it's limited.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still cant get over it :( I've been watching EZA reacts videos since I got home instead of playing anything

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
It's gonna be a bummer not having Kyle around EZA any longer, but honestly in the back of my mind I think I always anticipated he'd leave, like he had his mind elsewhere for a while. Not that he wasn't committed, but maybe that it felt like he was destined for something else.

I'm excited to see where he ends up and what he works on next. Box Peek felt like the beginning of some new creative endeavor for him. Would love to see some animation!

wideface

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
I'm still trying to process this. GameTrailers ended and Easy Allies began when I was at my lowest after a bad breakup, it has always helped me get through tough times and I look forward to the Podcast and other shows every week. Just the other day it occurred to me, what if a member of Easy Allies left? Everyone is just so important to me... And now this happens. Currently in somewhat of a stage of denial, to be honest. But I still wish the best to Kyle and hope he does whatever makes him happy. And yet at the same time, I know it's a selfish thing to say, but I hope he finds a way to somehow come back to EZA someday. Love and Respect, Kyle.

Good to know <3

Oct 27, 2017
Contrary to others here I always thought Ian was the one most likely to be the one to leave first given his skills that are transferable to other fields, not to mention all his different talents his creativity has shown over the years. Not that I never thought Bosman could potentially leave; it was clear he had a lot of talents that he could use outside gaming or something else besides Easy Allies.

I understand that I'm in the extreme minority but I wasn't much of a fan of Kyle's but I cannot deny that he was integral to the allies and was crucial to the chemistry of whatever project he was involved in with other allies. Regardless of my personal thoughts that his trolling tendencies were kind of grating on me, the value of his presence to the allies can't be understated. His bond with Huber was perfect and damn near irreplaceable.

By that token, I think people in here doing a disservice to the rest of the allies by sticking a fork in them over Bosman's departure. I think there's definitely enough talent, personality and charm among the rest for them to weather whatever might be ahead in this transition and for their identity to be distinct enough. I'd like to think of him leaving as an opportunity to reinvigorate themselves and start down a completely new path for them, just like Kyle is attempting.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we'll see him again from time to time. I can't take him disappearing completely.

Visceir

Oct 26, 2017
'cue the scene where 5 years later Jones sits down at a street cafe in europe and sights a happy Bosman giving him a nod from across the cafe while enjoying lunch with his hot german girlfriend.

W3rSYSD.gif

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Legit stopped for ten seconds when I saw this thread...

2020, I hate you so much. Nothing good has come out of this year so far, absolutely nothing but bad stuff.

The Allies will survive, but it will never be the same without Kyle.

AleeN634

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, loved Bosman's work on the final Bosman and the weird lore he created for that show. Best of luck on his next endeavor!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ya know what? It's pretty incredible that just one person leaving a video game outlet could cause this many people to be saddened. If the size of this thread is any indication, Kyle Bosman is an incredibly integral part of many people's lives whether it be personally or just watching media surrounding the video game landscape. It's pretty awe inspiring and I hope whatever Kyle does next , he knows just how many people he impacted. If he needs to find his calling in life I hope he's in good spirits and he realizes he's amazing at what he does.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Grass is always greener on the other side.

I would have thought being a part of Easy Allies would be great. The coworkers, the environment, the appreciation, gaming focus - but also provides a lot of the allies to flex their creative muscles doing a bunch of interesting video related content. The only downside being I don't imagine the salary is all that competitive (or stable really)

Also interesting that he's leaving L.A. as well.

Regardless, it's his life. Do what you want man best of luck.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. This was way more devastating than I ever expected. Reading the Patreon post, it seems like he's doing this because he simply doesn't feel fulfilled or happy. I hope he can find something that gives him that. Good luck, Bosman, and love and respect.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wtf no... Y

Ugh. He was the main reason I started watching EZA.

I hope he's okay and maybe he's just burnt out. Hope everything turns out okay for him.

I know it'll never be the same but I'd be okay with Jess filling in for the podcast.

Last edited:

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't buy the fact that he's moving states and has no plan whatsoever, that's crazy. Really wish he'd share what he was up to.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Damn... One of the best there is. Kyle's optimism, humor, and creative wit will be sorely missed. 😞 I'm glad we had him for as long as we did! And I hope whatever comes next brings him the fulfillment and purpose he deserves.

Well this sucks. I forever was hoping to get a Final Bosman style show from EA and now I don't think we ever will. Here is to the video that started it all.

God, there was nothing like Final Bosman. Easily one of my Top 3 favorite gaming-related series ever. It was a breath of fresh air in a time where games media was growing more and more cynical, or less and less genuine. Deceptively smart but charmingly silly, carefully written but authentically delivered, contagiously positive but grounded and thoughtful. Nothing quite like it. And the meta narrative woven throughout was just a delight. I got so invested in the "lore" lol

It never got the mainstream love it deserved, but it holds a place in my heart forever. Hopefully one day he'll find joy in making something like that again. If he doesn't, well, that's okay. I just hope he's happy 😌

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I really don't buy the fact that he's moving states and has no plan whatsoever, that's crazy. Really wish he'd share what he was up to.
Come on, dude. He said that he didn't want people to speculate on the fun thing he wants to do. I believe him, he's at a point in his life where he wants to do his Main Thing and he feels like he hasn't found it. Stop looking for clues to something that isn't there.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that he's leaving L.A. and has nothing lined up makes me wonder if the family emergency he suffered recently reshuffled his priorities regarding career and family (he is from NY and I assume that's where his family lives still).

I'm really bummed by this news but I'm hoping he makes a Twitch channel before too long. Who knows, maybe he'll even resurrect Bosman at Home.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll miss him on stream but I'm not going to say this is a bad thing or blame 2020. It sounds like he's leaving to fulfill his potential, find out more of himself and what he can do. A lot of us are forced to stay in jobs because we have to, because if we stop then we can't pay for the roof over our heads or the food we eat. We might have to move somewhere else because of some personal issue or disaster.

It seems like Kyle is moving because he has the freedom to and has the opportunity to find what he really wants to do in life while he still can, which is more of an opportunity than most people will get. So all I can say to this is congratulations, will miss seeing him on stream regularly and I wish him the best of luck.

For EZA it's a blow but there's still 8 great people there who put out good stuff. They make take a hit in their patreon but they'll get through this fine.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
It would suck to "lose" him into some big corporation and behind the scenes.

This is what happened to Shawn Elliott and I've never gotten over it lol. I mean, he's the fucking lead gameplay designer on the new Bioshock so that "behind-the-scenes" is pretty front and center in his case, hahaha. But I'll forever miss Shawn Elliot the podcaster.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Really sad news.

I don't really watch the videos /live streaming, but the easy allies podcast has been a constant for me for several years, and Kyle is a massive part of that.

Best of luck to Kyle.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, dude. He said that he didn't want people to speculate on the fun thing he wants to do. I believe him, he's at a point in his life where he wants to do his Main Thing and he feels like he hasn't found it. Stop looking for clues to something that isn't there.
I don't think he's outright lying. I just think there has to be something in the back of his mind that he knows and is planning to do. Kyle is a smart dude, I just don't believe that he'd dump the easy allies like this with zero plan. Like he must at least have a reason for leaving the state and moving elsewhere. As a big fan I just wish he could describe what he's seeking with more details.