• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Wow - did not see that coming, but looking back, he did seem rather reserved and a bit quieter than normal. Perhaps this was why. I've only been following EZA for a little over a couple years now, but it's going to be weird seeing one less/a new face on the couch.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow, that's a bummer but I'll be continuing to support the remaining Allies (literally the only Patreon I support, they're my favorite games outlet bar none) and hope the best for Kyle. He will be sorely missed.

Brainfreeze

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
A Kyle Bosman led podcast has been a staple in my life for like 5+ years now? Most of my adult life. So, yeah, agreed, that hurts. It's going to be weird not having that rock in my life anymore.

I always figured he would be the first to leave because he specifically had a conversation on Easy Update a while back about original members leaving the Allies, and Ian seemed a little surprised - it seemed clear that Kyle was the only one really having those kinds of thoughts. I still never saw it coming right now.

Kyle's great, I wish him the best, I can't wait to see what he does next.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
not sure I agree with the comments about being about money, or being more famous/known/successful, or the backhanded comments about an online gaming journalism channel seeming inherently limiting for "creative" people (then ian would've been gone lol)

if it was really all about being more famous and getting more money, he would've been Mr. Self Promotion-Self Promotion after GT ended, using connections with Keighley, getting his face everywhere and everywhere, building a platform, guest starring with every big name media base he can find online, engaging in all social media constantly, doing a patreon, etc.

He doesn't do any of that and has said he doesn't like self-promotion to begin with. iirc, he barely tweets as it is.
That's why I don't think you can assume it must be more money and fame beyond eza. It could be, or not.

I say, just take it at it's word, without interjecting so much.
He wants to do his Main Thing, and that currently is not with eza or in LA. And we don't know what Main Thing is. That's pretty much it.

There's no reason at all to think that. It's just speculation to be dramatic that isn't based on anything.
People love playing up drama as long as it's not directly affecting them.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Devastating for sure, my favorite Ally. Final Bosman was the best gaming related video and I enjoyed his presence and the comedy he brought to the table. Although EZAs best stuff was in the first 1-2 years when they had betting specials, trials, dioramas and so forth. Its been a bit too formulaic recently but understandably.

Finding your own happiness is the hardest thing to do in this life so I wish Kyle the best. I completely understand being somewhere that doesn't fulfill you. To leave and try and find that happiness is inspiring to someone like myself.

I just hope whereever he goes he's still at least occasionally making vids for his fans. i want his thoughts on TLOU2, next gen consoles, and the like.

2020 is giving me anxiety.

Feb 16, 2018
Hopefully Jones will settle into making the EZA podcast his own. The whole crew is great and hopefully they don't take too big of a hit. Easily my favorite gaming outlet for news and reviews plus lots of fun streams.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Easy Allies is great and I love Kyle, but it's clear he needs to move on to something else. He saw it, other people saw it, and now he's acting on it. Sad but true

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, I never really followed EZA extensively, but I always enjoyed Bosman's work. I hope he finds what makes him happy.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
Sad panda. Really enjoy his content. Fuck hey. Actually stings.

First Tim Rogers canning his youtube treats and now Bosman as well. Savage year for my rotation thus far.

Wish him the best though. Understand where he's coming from really, and hope he manages to find that thing he's looking for to sink his teeth into. Sure he'll smash it. Whatever it is I'll give it a look.

optimus

Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Honestly? Good. Certainly good for Boseman. He was the only thing even close to worthwhile on a just absolutely terrible podcast, full of astonishingly mediocre unfunny losers.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
A Kyle Bosman led podcast has been a staple in my life for like 5+ years now? Most of my adult life. So, yeah, agreed, that hurts. It's going to be weird not having that rock in my life anymore.

I always figured he would be the first to leave because he specifically had a conversation on Easy Update a while back about original members leaving the Allies, and Ian seemed a little surprised - it seemed clear that Kyle was the only one really having those kinds of thoughts. I still never saw it coming right now.

Kyle's great, I wish him the best, I can't wait to see what he does next.
I'll be honest I fully expected Ian would leave before anyone. No hard feelings but he always seemed like he had the most activity with stuff outside of EZA, and he seemed the lest vehement about gaming concerns. Even Kyle has more of a direct passion for specific things with video games, enough that you'd see him on podcasts that talk about games and stuff, and Ian has a more social approach to everything. So it's very sudden news to me, but as some said, there were signs it was gonna happen, I guess.

I'll just be sad if the group either disintegrates a year down the line or if Huber leaves. Tbh, I love Huber but I can't picture where else he would be in the industry, so if EZA stopped would he just... phase out? I hope all of them will go on to do cool things no matter which one of them ends up going over the years.

Jan 3, 2019
Good news, EZA just hired Jacob Levelle (host of The Last Levelle) as his replacement.

pwQe8IC.png

Personally, I think he'll do a much better job.

Last edited:

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
. . .Honestly, it seemed to me like he was becoming more bitter/sarcastic over the last couple of years. He definitely didn't seem as happy as he used to when he was doing The Final Bosman and in the earlier days of EZA. . .

Maybe this is why he (for the most part) rubbed me the wrong way - I didn't know or watch him before about a couple years ago. He always seemed abrasive, rude, and downright cruel to the others sometimes. Still, he had his moments, and I think EZA will definitely be a much different place without him.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hopefully Jones will settle into making the EZA podcast his own. The whole crew is great and hopefully they don't take too big of a hit. Easily my favorite gaming outlet for news and reviews plus lots of fun streams.

It'll be interesting to see how a Jones lead podcast begins to shift in terms of tone and style from a Kyle focused one.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not the best time to open this up, but I do feel it. And Ben also said he felt there's been more tension in the group than usual. Huber also commented that helping Kyle out on TGA last year he realized, like Kyle has often referred to, that EZA has no over-"Boss" that decides what they do. And tbh, as much as I think they have a lot of fun I think working at EZA must sometimes feel like you're just working your way into the unknown. Kyle also reflected that in his goodbye letter, that they never know what's ahead but have to create it for themselves, which isn't always as fun as it sounds.
Definitely a bittersweet moment right now. Sad one of my favorite EZA figures is leaving but I'm glad Kyle will hopefully be able to hit future endeavors that satisfy his creative hunger.

It's Kyle popping the cherry on leaving essentially. There might be other Allies that had thoughts of leaving beforehand but were hesitant to follow through with it so this kind of opens the door for future departures and makes it less uncomfortable since they won't be the first anymore. That's how I take it anyway. Like it seems pretty common when a key figure leaves that others follow suit from what I've seen over the years.
I guess but I don't really see anyone else just up and quitting without any opportunities lined up. Besides unless they leave town like Kyle anyone of them could remain in the way Don does.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're posting Kyle highlights, I tweeted this earlier today. Little did I know this is how the day would end.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
This is a monumental loss for EZA and I doubt they'll ever be the same. Kyle is the beating creative heart for the whole thing and they will no doubt suffer.

I hope they did everything they could to try and keep him. This completely sucks.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
End of an era. He will be missed. His heart must not be in it anymore to just leave without a plan. Crazy timing too. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
What a shitty day/week/month/year. Makes me really sad, EZA just won't be the same without the dark prince of nerd media, his creativity and wit brought me so much joy over the years. Huge, huge bummer, but I wish him all the best and I'm curious what's next.

Last edited:

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
Well damn, I'm a casual EZA fan, and by casual, I mean I tuned in for videos specifically for Kyle. I always found the comments he made very insightful and witty, and of course his sense of humor is unmatched.

I have been following ever since he posted his first video on GameTrailers. Through him I became familiar with the rest of the EZA group. This is sad news...

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gutted. Kyle's made me laugh more times than I can count since I started following GT. He brought something really special to the Allies and he'll be a huge loss. I wish him all the best.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Bosman is my second most favorite content creator after Brian David Gilbert, so in a selfish way I wish the Main Thing is something we can all enjoy too, and I'm actually excited to find out, whenever that is. But if it ends up being something more private, he certainly has all my encouragement and best wishes. It's kind of silly to even point out the obvious, but he should always priorize his happiness and personal realization above everything else, and I'm glad he's doing just that.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Sad panda. Really enjoy his content. Fuck hey. Actually stings.

First Tim Rogers canning his youtube treats and now Bosman as well. Savage year for my rotation thus far.

Wish him the best though. Understand where he's coming from really, and hope he manages to find that thing he's looking for to sink his teeth into. Sure he'll smash it. Whatever it is I'll give it a look.
From earlier on today

optimus

Banned
Feb 5, 2020
User Banned (permanent): troll account
jeez dude, what crawled up your ass

Nothing at all. I just think this is very good for Kyle and I think Easy Allies is incredible in how terrible it is. Just a massive collection of talentless unfunny people. Its actually remarkable how mediocre and unfunny they are.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
I wish you all the luck in the world Kyle. Ill miss you on the show but i hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
:(((!!
Man, just fuck 2020.

EZA isn't gonna be the same without him. Damn. I wish Kyle well with wherever he goes, tho.

NotUS

Oct 27, 2017
Best of luck to Kyle, he will be missed. Guess podcasts and streaming games will get tiresome after a while.

Hope Easy Allies use this as an opportunity for change. Felt like they haven't really taken that next leap since moving to the studio. Should aim a bit higher, they have yet to surpass their Gametrailers output.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Damn, I'll miss him, won't be the same without him :(

It's weird to see he has nothing lined up apparently, hopefully he has a good job soon, seems like he wants something better than just doing podcasts.

Ben Moore

Nov 30, 2017
Probably not the best time to open this up, but I do feel it. And Ben also said he felt there's been more tension in the group than usual. Huber also commented that helping Kyle out on TGA last year he realized, like Kyle has often referred to, that EZA has no over-"Boss" that decides what they do. And tbh, as much as I think they have a lot of fun I think working at EZA must sometimes feel like you're just working your way into the unknown. Kyle also reflected that in his goodbye letter, that they never know what's ahead but have to create it for themselves, which isn't always as fun as it sounds.

I don't remember saying there was more tension than usual. If anything the opposite is true. In terms of morale I think EZA is in a good spot considering the circumstances. We're all getting along very well.