• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Kyle always approached his work — especially on the podcast — with a professionalism and structure lacking when other people took the reins. I also imagine working on Box Peek showed him he had plenty of skills he was unaware of.

Really sad news though — I can't imagine continuing to follow EZA without Kyle.

Oct 30, 2017
Good luck Kyle!

The Final Bosman will always remain one of the best pieces of game industry commentary of our time. At first appearance, I didn't understand what the big deal was of some guy sitting at a desk talking. But I happen to watch one day, and I was hooked.

While I didnt keep up with your stuff much once EA picked up, I thought Box peek was cleverly done, and I think you have a lot of potential and talent in whatever you choose to do.

Just like all those Final Fantasy VII fans (including myself) I'll continue to hold out for a Final Bosman Remake. Just don't take 20 years.

Hope to see your name pop up again, however if you choose to never show your face again, I wish you all the best in life.

Love and Respect.

ExemplaryAllDwarfrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
As a counterweight to some of the negativity I've read in the thread about 2020 and feelings that he had tuned out of video games and Easy Allies for a while, on a recent stream Kyle said:

"This is the year I learned to say: I love you."

May it mean only good things.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm going to miss the hell out of Kyle. Wish him and the other allies all the best

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It would suck to "lose" him into some big corporation and behind the scenes.
If he's moving away from LA and not striking out on his own patreon or something I imagine this will be the case. His french fries analogy almost seems like a confirmation to move away from this youtuber/creator career of his.

I've known about this for awhile, but it's still sad. Kyle is a really cool dude and I've had some great interactions with him.

That said, Easy Allies will still be rad! Ian and I are ramping up for Season 2 of Mysterious Monsters and it's gonna be WILD.
MM legit my favorite EZA content at the moment.

Last edited:

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell?? Noooo! :(
This fucking sucks!!

I wish Kyle all the best though. This couldn't have been easy - Still hope we'll get to see him again some day. I'll hand pick french fries for him to eat, if need be! (I'll wear gloves, just to be sure).

Good luck, Kyle!

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting

Wish Kyle all the best. He will be great in whatever he does.

As for EZA, unless they fundamentally change in regards to personnel and what they produce, without Kyle it is over. He was the creative driver and glue that made this thing fun.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Sad to see he's going, for sure one of my favorite allies. Hope he finds whatever he's looking for.

The Grandpa Liar bit was amazing in the last Dreamcast stream.

brb

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I legit cried when I heard GT was ending and now I have those same tears in my eyes.

Best of luck Kyle

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Damn.........Bosman is half the reason i tune in. Him and Huber are like my go to duo. This is a death blow, I probably won't listen as much honestly........I loved his oppinions and chime ins. Dude literally kept everything rolling and flowing.

But Kyle literally was the fucking glue to everything. Listen to a podcast and hes like the guy who causes even half the conversations to exist or move along.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
BUMMED! I love Kyle and it sounds like we won't be hearing from him for a while once he's gone. Hope he's able to find that thing he's looking for and I hope we can still get him on podcasts or doing solo vlogs or whatever about video games someday once he's found and established that.

IIRC his recent absence from the podcast had to do with un-detailed family stuff so I'm hoping everything's ok on that front too.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I dunno how other people feel, but this is a big blow to EZA to me. The majority of their best stuff is either due to Kyle, or involves him somehow. I think they're really gonna have to step it up after this. It's hard to explain, but there's a big difference between a Kyle and Huber stream vs a Damiani and Huber stream, ya know?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Goodness, this year is not going well so far man. Going to miss him with the crew. I freaking felt this was going to happen at some point. Best of luck to him in whatever he wants to do.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
God man, don't think I can handle any more 2020. This is the worst timing for this, watching them made it bareable being in quarantine.
Hope he has big plans in the future... good luck buddy!

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So was it last frame trap that they were talking about the future and where Easy Allies could end up and Damiani saying maybe in the future aeasy Allies will be the brand with no remaining current guys. They would have known which is why he had this analogy?

man it sucks so hard. Seriously feel like I have lost something. It's weird but without ever meeting him I consider him a friend. All the best in the future Kyle! Grab what you want by the balls and never let go! Just know I dint think the Allies will be the same without you : (

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like he realised he wants more from life than videogame journalism. I don't blame him.

All the best, Kyle.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Posted in the Hangouts thread but I'll throw it here too:

Fuck. Kyles absence felt huge when he was out of town for an extended period (which can't help but make me wonder if the move out of LA is related to or if his flat situation was just driving him bananas). I wish him all the best, but I worry he massively second guesses himself too much and puts himself into weird ruts as a result. Not following up Final Bosman because he didn't want to 'repeat himself', not wanting to do any of the popular stuff on EZA like reviewing the Spider-Man costumes, now feeling like his current work is just french fries and not his 'lifes calling'. I dunno, just feels like dragon chasing to me. I could see him as a good pick for some game writing or other comedy writing, but that stuff is a nebulous world of who-you-know and luckily your number coming up.

Been an EZA patron since the launch and honestly not sure how they swing out of this. Their output has felt a bit troubled for a while and now there is a gigantic gaping hole in it. They're probably gonna have to either bring on board another huge personality that people may just not adjust to or pivot into a different outlet in a very dramatic way. Unenvious position. What a year of uncertainty this is proving to be.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Cross-posting

Wish Kyle all the best. He will be great in whatever he does.

As for EZA, unless they fundamentally change in regards to personnel and what they produce, without Kyle it is over. He was the creative driver and glue that made this thing fun.

This is ridiculous hyperbole and completely unfair to the other very talented members of the team.

But yes, they will of course change things going forward. EZA is going to be different but it will still be EZA.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It was inevitable that at some point allies would start leaving, but it still stings, especially because Kyle has such a unique brand of humor.

I wish Kyle all the best with wherever he goes and whatever he does, but not gonna lie I hope we still see him stream some dumb stuff in the future. :P

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
This is some bullshit.

Each and every one of the Allies is fantastic and they all bring something to the table. Losing Kyle is definitely a massive loss but EZA still produces a ton of great content.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Unexpected and super sad, don't even know what to say. Kyle doesn't strike me as the type that would eventually revert a decision if things don't go well, so here's hoping that he finds a Main Thing that works for him.

Know that you gave EZA a unique flavor, so thank you for that. Love & respect!

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super sad he's leaving but I wish he finds what he's looking for. Good luck, Dark Prince.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
What?!
Out of fucking nowhere :( I'm legit sad reading this news. Kyle is a huge part of eza and amazing guy, very creative.
I wish him the best for whatever is next.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Good for him, best of luck in the future. Can't argue with the french fries analogy if it this isn't what he wants to do.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Bittersweet.

Will miss his moderation of the podcast, and his impatient, critical, stubborn nature that clashed with pretty much every other ally. But excited to see what he will do next.

Will also continue to support EZA. I love those guys.

This is a good opportunity to bring on board some much needed diversity.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Damn.........Bosman is half the reason i tune in. Him and Huber are like my go to duo. This is a death blow, I probably won't listen as much honestly........I loved his oppinions and chime ins. Dude literally kept everything rolling and flowing.

But Kyle literally was the fucking glue to everything. Listen to a podcast and hes like the guy who causes even half the conversations to exist or move along.

I was fairly sanguine about this until you made me realise no more Kyle and Huber.

Those two... so perfect, such complimentary styles. The betting specials were the highlight of course, but they had insane chemistry whatever the occasion.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In a weird way, it almost feels like a part of Huber is leaving too. His chemistry with Kyle is uniquely special and no other ally will be able to fill in that gap.

Fuck this is such a huge blow.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Fuck 2020 :( this year needs to end dammit

do we think he's going solo or joining Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft?

I only watch for Huber, Kyle & Brandon. Now Kyle is gone if Brandon goes I'm jumping ship

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I know it's unfair to the rest of the team, but I can't quite disagree. Podcast episodes without Bosman were mostly somewhat fun depending on the cast and topics, but you always immediately noticed him missing. It was very rare when this happened with anyone else on the crew.

Idk man, this seems to me like Jeff Gerstmann leaving Giant Bomb would feel.

Well, gotta see what comes out of it! Wishing the EZA crew all the best, and Bosman as well.