• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 33082

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm perfectly fine with actors using steroids to achieve these physiques if they so wish, they're meant to be superhumans after all.

But the fact they do so without acknowledging it it's disgusting and it's creating self esteem issues for millions of people. (And that's regardless of this specific case). Movie companies should be ordered by law to disclose steroid use by their actors.

Oct 27, 2017
this is my first time seeing this, but I kind of like the way he is lowkey shitting on how insane this standard is and how unrealistic it is for a person to obtain it / the work it requires to maintain it.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it seems like he's worked out, but not at the level to have a base where this would be a transformation you could do in less than a year.
He wasn't cut but he was pretty fit.

Here's him from Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates:

Though I'm not discounting steroids especially with previous Marvel male actors.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Steroids wouldn't be all that useful unless he wanted long term huge muscle gains with limited downtime. HGH might help with the recovery, but judging by his vascularity and low body fat, this is probably just pinpoint dieting with a lot of plyometric and aerobic workouts.
This simply isn't true, and I'm speaking from experience. Can almost guarantee you gear was used here.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
New-stories-%281%29.jpg

Jason Momoa on holidays, more realistic look he aint dehydrated just coming from a workout and taking a picture with perfect lighting.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My dude still looks built, but there is definitely a difference between the prepared pro-shot pics in the OP and this one

Idk about that.

It seems some folks are still in denial about how effective juice is and how easy it is to obtain in the industry. That doesn't take away from the physique he crafted, but I always found it interesting how bodybuilding is the one profession where there actually is a clearly defined short cut, but no one ever really wants to accept or talk about it

My pop was a body builder back in his day, and when I started lifting myself, and he was very direct in letting me know there are hard limits when you're staying natural. More young dudes should be aware of that limitation and not go in thinking they're gonna as big and lean as Hemz and Kumail in a year's time.
...you're just making a case for my point?

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
40% training, 60% diet. And keeping that body for the shooting time only. After that, it becomes very difficult to sustain, if your work doesn't revolve around it.

New-stories-%281%29.jpg

Jason Momoa on holidays, more realistic look he aint dehydrated just coming from a workout and taking a picture with perfect lighting.
That's a healthy normal human body.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
That's a healthy normal human body.

That's actually a rather fit human body. It sucks how the perception of fitness has pushed so far in the direction of "Hollywood shredded" that a guy in decent shape could ever be body shamed (as Momoa was with this pic, or Adam Driver's shirtless scenes.)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
That's actually a rather fit human body. It sucks how the perception of fitness has pushed so far in the direction of "Hollywood shredded" that a guy in decent shape could ever be body shamed (as Momoa was with this pic, or Adam Driver's shirtless scenes.)

I'm sure Twitter considers him fat on that pic. I remember Taylor Lautner being called fat recently lol.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Yes. I noticed that something was really twisted when Zac Efron appeared in the Baywatch trailer so ripped he should had get an heart attack at the first swim.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Bless up for giving a pakistani breh some shine and giving him the superhero workout plan

Im not a big fan of marvels output but this upcoming platform theyre giving brown ppl is dope as hell for sure.

you ever thought you'd see the day every woman on twitter would thirst for a pakistani dude with his natural accent

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm reminded of Vitor Belfor once they started to introduce more stringent drug testing

yWwzksy.jpg
IIRC, this was TRT during/ after it was banned. Guy would have been about 34 in the first pic. Not saying he wasn't on the juice as well, but TRT alone can have major effects on guys over 30.

Good for Nanjiani. I haven't seen Silicon Valley since like season 2 or 3, so this looks like a pretty radical change to me.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He wasn't cut but he was pretty fit.

Here's him from Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates:

Though I'm not discounting steroids especially with previous Marvel male actors.

Yeah, like I said (and like he said in his post) he had a trainer before so he had good muscle to work from and get bigger/leaner. In a year. Doesn't seem too crazy, to necessitate the "lol steroids" comments.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
as someone that's been working out for almost 2 years on and has barely put on 8 pounds of muscle, this depresses me.

Oct 28, 2017

I think it's feasible for him to be this fit after 6 mths.

That video isn't helping your case. The most meaningful change for both of those people was weight loss. 6.6% bodyfat is also laughable. If he were at 6.6% bodyfat, he'd look like a piece of leather. He's easily more than 2.5 times that percentage.

The hard part of getting in shape isn't losing body fat, it's putting on muscle. For a complete newbie to lifting, 2lbs of muscle a month is about the absolute upper limit - assuming you are eating and training flawlessly. People who are more experienced lifters are capable of putting on considerably less.

There are hard physiological limits in place when it comes to bodybuilding. The only way to circumvent these limits is to cheat the system.

Oct 25, 2017
You can definitely tell who in this thread has a complex. It's really rude to try to tear down the accomplishments of others with baseless accusations.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
as someone that's been working out for almost 2 years on and has barely put on 8 pounds of muscle, this depresses me.

Nah, don't let it get to you. You're doing great things for your body and mind, it's just that the Overton window for what is considered fit has shifted really far in the direction of this guy's lab-crafted physique.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, don't let it get to you. You're doing great things for your body and mind, it's just that the Overton window for what is considered fit has shifted really far in the direction of this guy's lab-crafted physique.

Thanks, the plateau fucking sucks, and these bullshit unrealistic celebrity transformations don't help. Steroids or not, I think it's cheating the system to do it with a nutritionist handing you your meals since that's a huge limitation of gaining muscle (proper nutrition).

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Saw this on Twitter and didn't see it in the thread. Thought it might be funny. (At least better than arguing about steroids.)

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Lol @ all the steroids comments.

Even if he did supplement, it doesn't take away the hard work. I'll guarantee if 99% of the posters in this thread were offered steroids and a nutritionist, they STILL wouldn't look anything like the OP's post in twice the amount of time.

yes, it's his full time job and yes he has resources. That's a massive advantage!! But it still requires a massive shit ton of work.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Even if he did supplement, it doesn't take away the hard work. I'll guarantee if 99% of the posters in this thread were offered steroids and a nutritionist, they STILL wouldn't look anything like the OP's post in twice the amount of time.

yes, it's his full time job and yes he has resources. That's a massive advantage!! But it still requires a massive shit ton of work.
I mean sure. Steroids are only awful if you're competing in sports with rules. They got a bad rap from that. Regular folks tryina look swole? Go for it (under proper supervision of course). TRT is great too if you need it.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Holy fuck. I remember what a chump he looked like in twilight zone earlier this year

Deleted member 33082

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean sure. Steroids are only awful if you're competing in sports with rules. They got a bad rap from that. Regular folks tryina look swole? Go for it (under proper supervision of course). TRT is great too if you need it.
What is even 'proper supervision'? Finding a corrupt doctor willing to prescribe illegal drugs?

Oct 29, 2017
Space

I'd take this bet right now. I'm sure there's plenty of people on this forum that can work just as hard as the actor from Silicon Valley. Lol.

Deleted member 62100

Banned
Dec 12, 2019

It shouldn't. 8lbs in two years isn't terrible (if you did everything perfect, were really young, and had great genetics you might have 2-3x that amount in the same timespan... but most people don't do things perfect, don't start at 16 years old, or have even close to great genetics). And remember that even if you continued to work out for another ten years, there's only so much muscle you can put on TOTAL.

I'd take this bet right now. I'm sure there's plenty of people on this forum that can work just as hard as the actor from Silicon Valley. Lol.

Yeah nutritionists aren't even necessary, especially in the age of the internet. Eat a ~300 calorie surplus per day (with a strong focus on a protein) while improving your lifts over time (progressive tension overload), and combine it with adequate rest (this means periodically back-cycling your weights or taking a little time off every few months). And of course dieting down now and then to minimize overall fat gain.

It'll undoubtedly take you a long time to get there, but you'll get there.

Last edited:

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
For reference his character
latest

It's crazy how this depiction of Kingo Sunen looks just like Kumail whilst every other depiction of the character is more authentically Japanese. It's even more crazy to believe that he's part of the cast when he was only ever a minor Eternal character during the 80's limited series. Kumail really struck gold with this.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
It's just really bizarre to see people so passionate about "exposing" however he achieved his goals, because it's so pointless and depressing that they feel it's necessary to say.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how this depiction of Kingo Sunen looks just like Kumail whilst every other depiction of the character is more authentically Japanese. It's even more crazy to believe that he's part of the cast when he was only ever a minor Eternal character during the 80's limited series. Kumail really struck gold with this.
If they only did major Eternals, it would jsut be Starfox, Thanos, Sersi, Ikaris, and Makkari.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Thought it was pretty cool, the fact that both he and Mac from Always Sunny point out just how unrealistic this body is without absolute dedication and financial support is about all you need, the steroid comments aren't going to do much on top of it. Anyway, as someone who keeps a regular gym routine, I'm comfortable just knowing I hit my 1RM goals as I progress. There was a point where I was seriously dedicated to bulk/cut routines a few years back, but the kind of chore even simple things like eating and sleeping become is grating.

Guys like the Rock who basically live like this year in and out for film bodies are bonkers. Throw all the claims about steroids at them, but the level of dedication to just maintenance is its own extreme challenge at that point. I don't envy people in hollywood who are chained to having to keep that kind of look.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It's just really bizarre to see people so passionate about "exposing" however he achieved his goals, because it's so pointless and depressing that they feel it's necessary to say.
If Ninja was caught using an aimbot, would he not be worthy of exposing?
Sure, you can get as good as he is without cheating, and he still needed to grind at being an influencer, etc.

Again, this isn't to say Kumail or any other celeb didn't put in work, or even that they're 100% not natural (Kumail's body certainly can be obtainable naturally--but again, the question is, when you're under professional supervision, why would you even bother being natural when you can take the shortcut with minimal risk?), but even the idea that it's only obtainable with a lot of financial resources is bunk. Hollywood trainers don't have any magic knowledge that your typical Youtuber doesn't have--they're still getting their information from the same sources. No nutritionist is going to dress up chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli any better than what you could do yourself--even pro bodybuilders are still cooking their own meals every day, and widely available meal prep services come out to about $10/meal. Kumail isn't likely going to the gym any more often than your typical gym rat either--it's not like celebs just sit around and jerk off all day with nothing to do, and introducing a trainer into their lives gets them ready to be a Spartan in 300. The sad state of matters is that the majority of the fitness industry, from supplement hawks to personal trainers, are predators selling snake oil. It's all worth exposing.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
If Ninja was caught using an aimbot, would he not be worthy of exposing?
Sure, you can get as good as he is without cheating, and he still needed to grind at being an influencer, etc.

Again, this isn't to say Kumail or any other celeb didn't put in work, or even that they're 100% not natural (Kumail's body certainly can be obtainable naturally--but again, the question is, when you're under professional supervision, why would you even bother being natural when you can take the shortcut with minimal risk?), but even the idea that it's only obtainable with a lot of financial resources is bunk. Hollywood trainers don't have any magic knowledge that your typical Youtuber doesn't have--they're still getting their information from the same sources. No nutritionist is going to dress up chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli any better than what you could do yourself--even pro bodybuilders are still cooking their own meals every day, and widely available meal prep services come out to about $10/meal. Kumail isn't likely going to the gym any more often than your typical gym rat either--it's not like celebs just sit around and jerk off all day with nothing to do, and introducing a trainer into their lives gets them ready for 300. The sad state of matters is that the majority of the fitness industry, from supplement hawks to personal trainers, are predators selling snake oil. It's all worth exposing.

I'm sorry, is Kumail in competition with someone else? Why is "cheating" a concern? He was cast for the part before he began his fitness regimen. Cheating? Cheating who? You writing a paragraph doesn't make it any less embarrassing on the part of you and everyone else on a crusade to "expose" him.

The fact of the matter is he got in the shape the role demanded, that he was already cast for, and "cheating" is irrelevant and anyone bringing it up is just being a dick on the internet because...they can. You can leave this justification for your critique of a him at the door with all the other stupid meaningless shit, lol. Nothing here is worth "exposing".

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm sorry, is Kumail in competition with someone else? Why is "cheating" a concern? He was cast for the part before he began his fitness regimen. Cheating? Cheating who? You writing a paragraph doesn't make it any less embarrassing on the part of you and everyone else on a crusade to "expose" him.

The fact of the matter is he got in the shape the role demanded, that he was already cast for, and "cheating" is irrelevant and anyone bringing it up is just being a dick on the internet because...they can. You can leave this justification for your critique of a him at the door with all the other stupid meaningless shit, lol. Nothing here is worth "exposing".
I specifically used Ninja as an example because he's not competing for anything. He's an influencer. What he says and does affects other people's expectations and behaviors. Same goes for any celebs. That's why it's a concern.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I specifically used Ninja as an example because he's not competing for anything. He's an influencer. What he says and does affects other people's expectations and behaviors. Same goes for any celebs. That's why it's a concern.

No, no, and no.

An influencer would be someone who has an impact on the target audience for a specific purpose. The word exists because there are people who's entire lives are centered around doing specific things in order to sell people specific products. Kumail isn't trying to sell anyone PEDs, supplements, nutritional tips, or anything else. He is acting, and as a part of that, he got into a specific shape for his role. Were you also deriding Christian Bale when he put on like 80lbs to play the part of Dick Cheney? Or when he lost like 100lbs for the Machinest? Did you raise your pitchforks when they made Thor overweight, but cheated because he didn't REALLY gain weight?

Making a false equivalence here is pretty low, just to tear someone down for changing their physique because their job required them to do so. What a way to live...

Nome

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
No, no, and no.

An influencer would be someone who has an impact on the target audience for a specific purpose. The word exists because there are people who's entire lives are centered around doing specific things in order to sell people specific products. Kumail isn't trying to sell anyone PEDs, supplements, nutritional tips, or anything else. He is acting, and as a part of that, he got into a specific shape for his role. Were you also deriding Christian Bale when he put on like 80lbs to play the part of Dick Cheney? Or when he lost like 100lbs for the Machinest? Did you raise your pitchforks when they made Thor overweight, but cheated because he didn't REALLY gain weight?

Making a false equivalence here is pretty low, just to tear someone down for changing their physique because their job required them to do so. What a way to live...
If that's your extremely narrow definition of an influencer then Ninja isn't even that--he's just a content creator. You sure are working hard at picking apart this hypothetical. It's completely besides the point.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
If that's your extremely narrow definition of an influencer then Ninja isn't even that--he's just a content creator. You sure are working hard at picking apart this hypothetical. It's completely besides the point.

I'm not working nearly as hard as people trying to "expose" Kumail for...whatever it is they feel like needs exposing.

And yes, I'm picking it apart because it's complete nonsense. A guy gets in shape for a movie role, is honest about it being effectively unrealistic for regular people to attain, and the first response from tons of people is to shout out "STEROIDS" as if that makes any difference in the world at all. Again, being so passionate about "exposing" him is far sadder to see than a person using PEDs to put on some extra muscle mass for a movie.