• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
i think chris pratt said he was at the gym 4 hours a day, 6 days a week? look all i'm saying is if disney need someone brave enough to break down our social norms, i'll gladly bite the bullet and be the slobbiest superhero going.

edit: on a more serious note i know roids get mentioned a lot with these things but like, if i took roids i'd still be a lazy piece of shit. it doesn't just make you grow muscle

... does it?

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think you have to buy a lot of food too and convert it into muscle, sounds expensive for us normal people. People on here always try and make getting ripped sounds easier and more inexpensive than it is, like it's a meme.
Yeah, in this kinda threads they do. I myself always forget the financial cost, getting in that kinda shape isn't easy, maintaining it is even harder.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
The only marvel character that I can think of that has what most would consider to be a realistic body type would be the new Squirrel Girl.

maxresdefault.jpg

And that's after years of SG being another bombshell body type.

Marvel is not interested in "alternative body types".
The thing about this is that it was for a new series aimed at kids and parent groups have been going after animated shows like this specifically because of the body types. It was actually kind of jarring the first time I saw it just because I was so used to seeing SG have that body type. I want her to stick to this in all of the Marvel media, at this point, because it actually works well for her and maintains a better sense of character continuity.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
i think chris pratt said he was at the gym 4 hours a day, 6 days a week? look all i'm saying is if disney need someone brave enough to break down our social norms, i'll gladly bite the bullet and be the slobbiest superhero going.

edit: on a more serious note i know roids get mentioned a lot with these things but like, if i took roids i'd still be a lazy piece of shit. it doesn't just make you grow muscle

... does it?

Anabolic steroids will make you grow muscle even if you just sit on the couch all day.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The thing about this is that it was for a new series aimed at kids and parent groups have been going after animated shows like this specifically because of the body types. It was actually kind of jarring the first time I saw it just because I was so used to seeing SG have that body type. I want her to stick to this in all of the Marvel media, at this point, because it actually works well for her and maintains a better sense of character continuity.

Seems like it will as people didn't instantly rebel against her being a bit bigger than others. The comic run that came before this also had her with a little bigger body type, so I think that's how SG is just gonna be from now on.

Nov 11, 2017
That's impressive but I wish Marvel would mix things up with how a superhero is supposed to look and not simply give us Fat Thor for the cheap laughs. We often talk about the objectification of women and the troubles actresses have to go through to "appeal" to the general audience (and that's all true and has to change), but here we have Kumail, a funny and intelligent guy, that stands out for his charisma and humor, that wasn't in extreme shape but wasn't that bad (he was "normal" I would say), that has to go through all this to fit into the role model. I'm not sure I'm onboard with this. And I know he feels proud, worked his ass off and deserves too look this good. But as he says, this transformation is almost impossible for someone living a normal life without the resources he mentioned.
If you think this is just shallow then maybe you aren't aware that Indian people have only ever been represented as stereotypes, jokes in film. This is a huge deal for Indian people.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Seems like it will as people didn't instantly rebel against her being a bit bigger than others. The comic run that came before this also had her with a little bigger body type, so I think that's how SG is just gonna be from now on.
That's a good sign. When Secret Warriors initially came out my wife immediately noticed that she was a thicker body type than you usually see and how good it was to see it. I was just happy to see SG and Kamala being besties, having SG not being a rail-thin supermodel just added to it being worthwhile.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck good on him, he always seems like a cool guy

Juice or not, it's still a great transformation

Oct 27, 2017
For someone whose job is to be in this kind of shape and has access to all of the resources that Kumail mentioned in his post, this is totally doable without steroids. He's just lean and probably put on a few pounds of muscle over the course of a year. With the same trainer, chef, time, and financial incentive there are plenty of people in this forum that could get similar results.

Basically he most likely didn't take steroids.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I hope this works out great for him. He's great in stand up and on Silicon Valley, but all his movie roles so far have been pretty bad. (not his fault, just the roles he ends up getting offered I think)

Also for some reason whenever I hear him in a game it annoys me because of how much is just sounds like him lol.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Are these sorts of Hollywood trainers accessible to regular people? Like, assuming you have the money could you hire a trainer who supervises all of your workouts, cooks and prepares your every meal etc.? Where would you even go to find that?

Oct 25, 2017
The Mandalorian has the same basic structures literally any television show from the 1970s but isn't is it half as engaging

... does it?
Still got to work it

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
i hear you, but he did say it would be impossible without the resources he had, so expectations should be set in this case.
I was just speaking generally, but if we're talking about this specific case, he did not actually say he was using them, so if he did then we're back to the original issue.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Steroids wouldn't be all that useful unless he wanted long term huge muscle gains with limited downtime. HGH might help with the recovery, but judging by his vascularity and low body fat, this is probably just pinpoint dieting with a lot of plyometric and aerobic workouts.

As a personal trainer with 15 years in the game. No that's not what he did

The boy is lifting heavy and has his diet nailed down, you don't get a body like that from where he started with plyos and cardio

cardio is involved most likely but it's for diff reasons

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you think this is just shallow then maybe you aren't aware that Indian people have only ever been represented as stereotypes, jokes in film. This is a huge deal for Indian people.

In Hollywood, maybe. Bollywood is filled with huge movie stars and cool looking actors (that, shall I had, actually look like normal, healthy and fit people). And my comment wasn't on Kumail specifically, he seems like a great dude and deserves all the merit for getting the role and the transformation, it was on the ridiculous body standards for these movie actors.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Didn't know that. So I guess maybe not roids.

Everyone uses steroids, its honestly not that big of a deal. You get on a supervised chemical routine, get a nutritionist, a doctor and a personal trainer. For the photo and shirtless scenes you go into a cutting phase, dehydrate yourself to pop your veins.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Are these sorts of Hollywood trainers accessible to regular people? Like, assuming you have the money could you hire a trainer who supervises all of your workouts, cooks and prepares your every meal etc.? Where would you even go to find that?

If you have the money, sure. It's definitely accessible. Just have to be prepared to drop six figures yearly. It's why the studio pays for it all because this type of work isn't cheap.

It's also INCREDIBLY time-consuming, which is why most wealthy people that work in non-acting fields don't look like this. Even if Zuckerberg wanted to look like a god, he's got a billion dollar company to run and can't spend four hours a day working out.

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
From a physique standpoint, he looks natural for a year of consistent lifting and a diet that's 100% dialed in.
However, if you told me he used PEDs to help with recovery (due to how often he was likely working out) I wouldn't be completely shocked.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah absolutely. Pro fighters get roped in to these kind of systems even though most of them are making somewhere around $50k/year. You can probably get a PT to supervise your 90 min workout, 3 times a week for around $500/week. Add in a nutritionist that sells packaged meals and that's all you really need.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An impressive transformation.

To be honest, I'm most struck how much more chiseled his facial features are, now. I get it that the veins are wild, but for me the cheekbone definition and the area around his neck and jaw are truly incredible when you compare them to his photos from Silicon Valley.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
What the actual fuck..

Its like seeing Rick Moranis totally jacked.

Well done though.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait to hit the gotdamn gym.

I knew I wasn't trippin, he already seemed bigger in the last season of Silicon Valley lmao

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
For someone whose job is to be in this kind of shape and has access to all of the resources that Kumail mentioned in his post, this is totally doable without steroids. He's just lean and probably put on a few pounds of muscle over the course of a year. With the same trainer, chef, time, and financial incentive there are plenty of people in this forum that could get similar results.

Dude it being their job to get into that kind of the shape in a short amount of time with millions of dollar riding on it is what almost guarantees the use of PEDs. Why in the world would you not use them with all the massive benefits they provide and with how safe they are to use with access to Hollywood resources?

Now yes, his physique is absolutely achievable naturally, besides the vascularity which is genetics, dehydration, and/or a sign of PEDs. Many people have this misconception that roids automatically turn you into some mass monster and no, you still have to train in a specific way and eat enough to get mass monster results which is not the goal of everyone who takes drugs, some just use it for the recovery and want to stay lean. And many people who take steroids still don't look impressive, full blown DYEL cause they don't train hard enough.

Now, all that said, is this possible inside of a year naturally if you do everything perfectly like he was when you have the time, money, and Hollywood trainer resources? That depends on where you started from, so technically yes. You have to add in that this particular picture is after a pump, has perfect lighting, angles, and he's probably dehydrated.

I don't know where he started from, it's very possible its natural just unlikely when there's so many incentives to use drugs to better ensure you can achieve the results you want and how common it is in Hollywood. Lastly gotta reiterate that using drugs absolutely does not discount all the hard work and dedication you still have to put in.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nice that he acknowledges he couldn't have done it without a year of trainers and nutritionists paid for by someone else.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's certainly had a more realistic body shape in her comics for awhile.
825773-e1482853474555-300x276.jpg

But I also really dig her design for Marvel Rising.
Marvel-Rising-1-2019.jpg

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You take steroids if you want to get bigger/stronger than your body can support (obviously not the case here). Or if you want to speed up recovery and get to an sustainable size really fast (this is what people are arguing here). Honestly, who gives a shit, PEDs are great as long as you manage the side effects. I have no issue with people using gear to reach whatever goal they have.